Threading freely...

What's your factory tune on large Blur LT c RP23?

Title says it all. What's your factory tune on large Blur LT c RP23? Thanks. Mine came with L Rebound, M Velocity, 150 BV. Is it the same for everyone and every year?
    Threading lightly and respectfully wherever I want....

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    XL Rebound, L Velocity, and 175 Boost valve tune. Steel blue Size L Blur LTc frame purchased December 2010.

Threading freely...
    Interesting. My shock was on a Steel Blue bought around the same time. I'm wondering how these differences play, and if my shock is the original one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic View Post
    Interesting. My shock was on a Steel Blue bought around the same time. I'm wondering how these differences play, and if my shock is the original one.
    Yeah, I never gave it any thought. It's always seemed like the ProPedal doesn't do much compared to on my other bike, but I thought it was just the difference in leverage ratio with the VPP. The settings on mine seem kind of extreme. Hopefully other people will comment.

mtbr member
    steel blue, large LTc frame bought in 2010. High Volume Boost Valve. Both my compression and rebound look like this:

Threading freely...
    Sooner, can you read the details on the ring on the canister next to the stanchion? That's where the tune is printed.

Wheeldog, the VPP2 is so good you barely feel a difference, but when you sit in the bike and turn ProPedal off you should feel the bike sag. If it doesn't, it means the shock needs a nitro refill--which requires a service at Fox.

mtbr member
    Sooner, can you read the details on the ring on the canister next to the stanchion? That's where the tune is printed.
    it says Rebound Tune and then has that little drawing, which i take to mean Low. the other side says Compression Tune and the same little drawing. so i think rebound and compression tunes are both L

Threading freely...
    So... three shocks on three 2010 large steel blue Blur LTCs have different factory tunes? Weird.

Threading freely...
    I called SC today, and asked....
    According to the tech, the RP23 BV in Kashima and normal should be factory tuned to Low Velocity, XLow Rebound, have the Low Volume Sleeve, and have 175 Boost. And... he didn't think any changes took place on the tune, so our discrepancies are bizarre.

On a new CTD Kashima shock, it should be L velocity, L rebound, L Vol Air, 175 Boost.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    That's good info - thanks, polymathic. My RP23 is too old to be Kashima-coated but it sounds like the settings are the same.

That test you'd suggested about sitting on the bike - I haven't tried it but I'm 99% sure I wouldn't sense anything happen when I flip the ProPedal lever. It is a very very subtle effect.

Did you buy your frame from a shop or was it a private party sale? Mine came from competitive_cyclist.

Threading freely...
    I got my frame from a third party originally, so something may have happened along the way. This said, I've read of others with the same tune as mine.

If you flip the Propedal lever to off and the bike doesn't sag significantly, then you should send your shock in for service. It will make a huge difference!

mtbr member
    If you flip the Propedal lever to off and the bike doesn't sag significantly, then you should send your shock in for service. It will make a huge difference!
    ive never noticed that kind of difference on any bike ever flipping propedal off..... you sure about that? everything ive ever experienced/heard of, is a VERY subtle difference.

and mine is actually not a boostvalve version. just a high volume can.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    ive never noticed that kind of difference on any bike ever flipping propedal off..... you sure about that? everything ive ever experienced/heard of, is a VERY subtle difference.

and mine is actually not a boostvalve version. just a high volume can.
    Same here . . . PP doesn't result in any noticeable change.

HOWEVER . . . a friend presented a challenge to me. He suggested climbing my local loop with the PP on for the next month to see if my times drop. He said that although he subjectively can't feel a difference, his times up the hill were quite a bit slower with PP off than on.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!