mtbr member

What size coil??

210# rider suited up riding a 400# s spring. Constantly bottoming it out. What do you guy suggest for a spring weight for the DHXc?

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlar
    210# rider suited up riding a 400# s spring. Constantly bottoming it out. What do you guy suggest for a spring weight for the DHXc?

Guessin' here...but I'm thinkin' at least 500, 550 or 600# spring. IMO the DHX is notoriously under sprung. Alot of it has to do with the length of the spring, IMO. Shorter than other shocks on the market.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    What bike do you have, makes a slight difference? on my Heckler I run 400lb and I'm 200lb in my gear , my dhx is Push'd not sure if that makes a differnce.

Depends on the bike. I'm similar weight, maybe a bit more with my full pack, use a 550 on a Nomad, 450 on a Heckler. Did you try the SC setup guide?
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

one more time
    Oct 2005
    Likewise im 220 geared up - 550 on my nomad
    Bikes, beer and pizza.

mtbr member

Check out TFTune's spring calculator

Sprung weight is a big driver, but it also depends on your bike's suspension geometry, what you are using it for, and your personal preference. SC has recommended DHX setups for some of their bikes, but not all. Ancientwisdom recommended the TFTune spring calculator when I had similar questions for my BLT.

http://www.tftunedshox.com/tech-area...alculator.html

I found the TFTune spring calculator to be a pretty good tool. Might need to get a couple different springs to find your sweet spot, but the steel springs are pretty cheap.

Fox tech support is also a good resource.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Sorry, its for a Heckler.

mtbr member
    Went through the same problem only on a Bullit. Ended up with a 550# spring. I weigh dressed out 200#. Save yourself a lot of time and needless figureing out of numbers and just call fox direct. They will ask you the bike your on with what shox and how much you weigh than give you the correct spring rate. Than you can just buy the spring from the same guy for about 25 bucks. Good luck

Fox- 813-274-6500

Knolliac
    you know, sc also has a website with all this info too:

http://www.santacruzmtb.com/heckler/index.php?setup=1