Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What size coil??

772 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  EastBay_Slim 
#1 ·
210# rider suited up riding a 400# s spring. Constantly bottoming it out. What do you guy suggest for a spring weight for the DHXc?

#2 ·
Jlar said:
210# rider suited up riding a 400# s spring. Constantly bottoming it out. What do you guy suggest for a spring weight for the DHXc?
Guessin' here...but I'm thinkin' at least 500, 550 or 600# spring. IMO the DHX is notoriously under sprung. Alot of it has to do with the length of the spring, IMO. Shorter than other shocks on the market.

#6 ·
Check out TFTune's spring calculator

Sprung weight is a big driver, but it also depends on your bike's suspension geometry, what you are using it for, and your personal preference. SC has recommended DHX setups for some of their bikes, but not all. Ancientwisdom recommended the TFTune spring calculator when I had similar questions for my BLT.

http://www.tftunedshox.com/tech-area/spring-calculator.html

I found the TFTune spring calculator to be a pretty good tool. Might need to get a couple different springs to find your sweet spot, but the steel springs are pretty cheap.

Fox tech support is also a good resource.

Good luck.

#8 ·
Went through the same problem only on a Bullit. Ended up with a 550# spring. I weigh dressed out 200#. Save yourself a lot of time and needless figureing out of numbers and just call fox direct. They will ask you the bike your on with what shox and how much you weigh than give you the correct spring rate. Than you can just buy the spring from the same guy for about 25 bucks. Good luck

Fox- 813-274-6500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.