mtbr member
    Jan 2006

What Fork to my new Blur LT

I am building my new Blur LT and not sure what fork to put on them.
    Choises are:
    Fox Talas RLC 130mm
    Rockshox Pike 454 air U-tern w/poplock that requirs QR20 (Shimano Saint hubs).
    Any idea/recommenation is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rafi

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Talas was on my short list as well, but I have read here, that it is considerably diving under the brake. Finally I decided for XTT. I dont miss the possibility to reduce travel at all. I am happy about the decision.

Ultimate Poseur
    You can't beat the action of a coil fork. My suggestion is to get a Vanilla RLC.

mtbr member
    Dude, Da best fork for da BLT is da Pike!
    Last edited by hrdude; 03-23-2006 at 09:18 AM. Reason: misspelling

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moff_quigley
    You can't beat the action of a coil fork. My suggestion is to get a Vanilla RLC.
    That's what I decided to go with... you can't beat the price either (got mine for $320). I haven't really had a chance to get out and ride mine thanks to all the new snow we've had lately, but from my little excursions around the neighborhood, it really doesn't seem like the BLT needs travel adjustment with a 5" fork on it... The front wheel feels pretty well planted on the ground on steep stuff, so I wouldn't even bother with a Talas.

just rub some dirt on it
    Nov 2005
    Since the XTT or the Vanilla RLC were not any of the 2 choices - it sounds like you are getting a kit? I have the Talas RLC on my BLT and love it. Very plush and I like the travel adjustment for the steep climbing, it really does make a big difference when you hit the really steep stuff keeping the front end down.

Bike to the Bone...
    The Fox Talas is a great fork. I'm going with a Revelation for my next bike. It's similar to the Pike, but you don't need a 20mm hub.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by raficar
    I am building my new Blur LT and not sure what fork to put on them.
    Choises are:
    Fox Talas RLC 130mm
    Rockshox Pike 454 air U-tern w/poplock that requirs QR20 (Shimano Saint hubs).
    Any idea/recommenation is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rafi
    I don't think you require the Shimano Saint hub, and actually, I don't think it's a good idea unless you're planning on using a Saint disc. The Saint hub uses an OS centerlock, which is different from LX, XT or XTR

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Saint Disk

Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    I don't think you require the Shimano Saint hub, and actually, I don't think it's a good idea unless you're planning on using a Saint disc. The Saint hub uses an OS centerlock, which is different from LX, XT or XTR
    I am going to put a Juicy seven disk brake on them.

krj
    mtbr member
    I'm using a Revelation and I'm very satisfied of it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Im using a Fox 36 RC2 on my LT. Its sweet!

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by raficar
    I am going to put a Juicy seven disk brake on them.
    I've heard that the Juicy 7 are good. Just don't put a Shimano Saint hub! What you need is a 20mm hub, but shimano Saint's have their own centerlock size that won't accept the Juicy's disc. Unless you want to buy shimano's disc for the Juicy's caliper.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

130 Xtt

Hey Man! I test road a BLT a few months ago with the 130 xtt on it. AI hit a flight of stairs and it soaked up all the hits--then I headed up the paved road back to the bike shop with very little bob! So--I ordered my BLT with 130 xtt

bike blessings!

T

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I love the xtt 130 great fork only problem is it leaks on the right side but still performs great. no bob no dive. one thing about going to 130mm fork compaired to a 100mm it just takes some time to adjust and compinsate and learn the lines you need to pick when climing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Manitou Minute 4

Stiff, IT adjust what else could you want, Oh ya and its all black.

mtbr member

I second this motion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daleyridin
    Im using a Fox 36 RC2 on my LT. Its sweet!
    You hit the nail in the head!! lol
    [SIZE="3"]Loving my 29er.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hi friend:

I started my BT with a Marzoccchi AM SL 130 mm of travel, the ride was good and the landing and hard bunps were good absorved but with the low speed bumps the major part of the trail was on my hands, I played a lot with the pressures trying to find the correct ride and was hard. I switched to a TALAS 36 RC2, the bike changed like day to nigth, is more plush and the low and high speed compression knobs help a lot to set easily the fork in the trail, another advantage was the travel adjust, in steepy climbs the option to lower the front end is a + making easy to climb a bike that weigth 35 pounds (in my case), if I could choose, the TALAS will be the option and you will be not worrying about missing a line on the trail.

See ya friend
    Last edited by fabricio fracchia; 05-12-2006 at 10:14 PM.