mtbr member
    Jan 2006

What Fork to my new Blur LT

Wandering what fork to put on my new Blur LT frame.
    The Two options right now are:
    Fox Talas RLC 130mm
    Rockshox Pike 454 air Utern w/ poplock which will require QR20 (Shimano Saint Hub).
    any idea/ recommendation?
    Thanks,

lidless ascender
    I'd say take the Pike.It suits Blur LT's personality more And a 20mm axle is a very good thing, too.

Marko

Dude...
    I say pike too... That's the model I have on my 575, and I love it.. Stiff as all hell, and very solidly built.. Definitely worlds better than the pre-SRAM rockshox..

mtbr member
    I'm going to vote in the opposite direction and go for the Fox Talas. I have that fork on my Sumpy and absolutely love it. I can't say anything bad about the Pike but I personaly like the Fox feel better and it seems to have more adjustablility. Again, before someone jumps on me saying I don't know sh!t, I have only fiddled with the pike on a one day demo in Moab and I have a bit more time on the Stumpy. Also unless you are going to be throwing down some pretty big drops and super fast DH you realy don't kneed a 20mm axle. For what the Blur is made for I just don't think there is a need for it. And finaly Fox has customer service that is second to none. If you have any problems they are extreemely good to work with.
    [SIZE="4"]`..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>`..`..`...><((((> `.. `.. [/SIZE]

mtbr member

I have a Pike, great fork

I put a Pike on my Chameleon last season and am very happy with it. Went with a Hadley hub. It seemed like the Pike gave me much more bang for the buck and I've always liked how easy it is to adjust travel of an RS product.

Baba Booey!

manitou?

Have you checked out the Manitou Minute :03 (re-named the :04 for 2006, I believe)? I just put one on my new Heckler and absolutly love it. It is very tunable, right now I am working out the spring rate, which you can change from a progressive rate to a linear, and anything in between. The Infinite Travel feature is incredible on climbs, I've use other similar features on different forks (ETA on Marzos), but this is without a doubt superior. It's light and very stiff as well, on top of all that you can find the for (last year's model anyway) for cheap, I picked mine up on EBAY for 350. Check it out, it may be a good option....

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by raficar
    Wandering what fork to put on my new Blur LT frame.
    The Two options right now are:
    Fox Talas RLC 130mm
    Rockshox Pike 454 air Utern w/ poplock which will require QR20 (Shimano Saint Hub).
    any idea/ recommendation?
    Thanks,

If you can wait a couple more weeks do so. Fox has a new fork coming out that will be unvieled at The Sea Otter Classic. I dont know what it is yet, but I was advised by a Fox employee to wait till then. If not Id go for the Talas.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

Yes, that's fonetic
    Thought about the Revelation? It's more akin to the travel of the Talus and lots cheaper, and you don't have to have a 20 mm axle/hub. I only have 3 rides on mine so far but it's really stiff and plush......

29 some of the time...
    My vote goes to the pike. More bang for the buck. It also can be set to a 518mm axle-crown where the talas only goes to 503mm. So it is a better option for more aggressive terrain.

Talas is a lighter/shorter fork and is great for XC. If all you do on the blt is xc then this may be a good option. Personally I prefer the wider adjustment range on the pike, it just fits the blt better.