Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    746

    What do you do when your Heckler feels stale...

    You go from this:

    What do you do when your Heckler feels stale...-white-heckler.jpg

    To this:

    What do you do when your Heckler feels stale...-chrome-heckler.jpg

    Definitely feels faster because all your riding buddies get blinded by the reflection. =)

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    168
    wow!!! quicksilver... care to share the process...? =)

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by saddle pimp View Post
    wow!!! quicksilver... care to share the process...? =)
    Thanks. Had the frame for close to 4 years now and despite the old picture, it was scratched up. I decided to bring the frame and fork lowers on my vacation to the Philippines and had it stripped, polished and chromed there (they couldn't chrome the fork because it was magnesium. The total cost was $46). Not bad for the price, I say.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ColinL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,277
    Looks nice! Reminds me of a few BMX bikes I had as a kid.. FMF and a few others were known for chrome frames and then tossing on a few stickers.

    Does it weigh more now? hehehe

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinL View Post
    Looks nice! Reminds me of a few BMX bikes I had as a kid.. FMF and a few others were known for chrome frames and then tossing on a few stickers.

    Does it weigh more now? hehehe
    Lol! Yeah, a few guys did say it looks retro... I like it. I originally thought it was going to be dull, tacky look (after seeing old chromed bikes in Manila) but it turned out shiny with a deep luster.

    25 um of chrome coat over the area of the frame... probably not a lot of weight difference. =P

  6. #6
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,445
    Nice restoration job. All it needs now is some 650 wheels. Fork might be the determining factor though.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    168
    Sir Ron M... I'm from the Philippines as well, I have a raw Nomad and planning to have this done... any details where in the Philippines I can have this done??? thanks...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by saddle pimp View Post
    Sir Ron M... I'm from the Philippines as well, I have a raw Nomad and planning to have this done... any details where in the Philippines I can have this done??? thanks...
    LOL! Small world, pare.

    This is the place I had it done:
    Corporate Website of Chrome Dazzler Corporation

    Email this addy on details of what you want to have done:
    marketing1@chromedazzler.com

    Make sure you're VERY SPECIFIC on the things you need done (strip paint, polish, chrome, powder coat, etc). Also specify areas that need to be masked off. Lastly, point out areas that you need them to be careful with (they screwed up my bottom bracket threads by clamping that area... but not enough that I couldn't screw in my external BB).

    Give them the impression that you're local (unless you are local). Also follow up. They can do it in a week but if you don't follow up, they could have an issue and won't continue work until they hear from you. Lastly, don't expect perfection. The chrome finish was awesome, but there were areas on my frame that wasn't polished to perfection and therefore, looked less smooth (but honestly, that's nit-picking. Practically all visible, outside areas of the frame looked great. And what do you expect from a 2,000 peso job anyway?).

    Oh, and P. Tuazon is a ***** to drive to and a pain in the ass to find parking (if there's no place to park at the shop).

    @Jmac... no plans to switch to 650b. I'm a midget and allergic to big wheels. =P

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    LOL! Small world, pare.

    This is the place I had it done:
    Corporate Website of Chrome Dazzler Corporation

    Email this addy on details of what you want to have done:
    marketing1@chromedazzler.com

    Make sure you're VERY SPECIFIC on the things you need done (strip paint, polish, chrome, powder coat, etc). Also specify areas that need to be masked off. Lastly, point out areas that you need them to be careful with (they screwed up my bottom bracket threads by clamping that area... but not enough that I couldn't screw in my external BB).

    Give them the impression that you're local (unless you are local). Also follow up. They can do it in a week but if you don't follow up, they could have an issue and won't continue work until they hear from you. Lastly, don't expect perfection. The chrome finish was awesome, but there were areas on my frame that wasn't polished to perfection and therefore, looked less smooth (but honestly, that's nit-picking. Practically all visible, outside areas of the frame looked great. And what do you expect from a 2,000 peso job anyway?).

    Oh, and P. Tuazon is a ***** to drive to and a pain in the ass to find parking (if there's no place to park at the shop).

    @Jmac... no plans to switch to 650b. I'm a midget and allergic to big wheels. =P
    Thank's Ron. M... will probably do it early next year... and thanks for the head's up on things that are note worthy... Ride hard and ride safe bro!!!

  10. #10
    rubber side down
    Reputation: TAOS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    298
    looks awesome!
    TAOS on pinkbike

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    746

    Now with polished wheels.

    Bling!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you do when your Heckler feels stale...-dsc_3712.jpg  


  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    746
    Now if I can only do something about that stupid rear swingarm always coming loose, I'd be golden. Love the way this bike rides but not too happy about how flimsy it is especially if you like to go sidewayz. LOL!

  13. #13
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,775
    Put a 10mm Thru Bolt on the rear....will stiffen it up a bit.

    Did that on both my Heckler and Tallboy.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 09:06 PM
  2. Cake has gotten stale.
    By davidhill in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 08:30 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 10:35 PM
  4. Feels like summer (at last!)
    By ratty2k in forum Passion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •