Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What chain device / bash guard for 2 x 9 Carbon Nomad.

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  mtbmww 
#1 ·
As title,
What recommendations do you have to run a chain device and bash or just a bash on a 2 x 9 SLX crankset.

Currently running it as a triple but never use the big ring. Was possibly thinking of ditching the big and maybe changing the middle from a 32t to a 34t..?

Look forward to your input.

Mark

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply's guy's.

Im new to chain devices so not sure what to do. Stupid question, do they tension the chain for use on the small and medium ring? Also, are they easy to fit and adjust?

Please feel free to post pic's as I can learn alot from pic's.

Mark

#10 ·
MRP LRP.

I love the additional upper wing that prevents the chain from falling onto your BB shell, which doesn't happen that often, but it's happened to me many times when running a Stinger.

I used to run Stingers on my bikes, but now have converted all of the to LRP's

#11 ·
Acadian said:
MRP LRP.

I love the additional upper wing that prevents the chain from falling onto your BB shell, which doesn't happen that often, but it's happened to me many times when running a Stinger.

I used to run Stingers on my bikes, but now have converted all of the to LRP's
Even the ISCG05 version? I've had that happen with the bb mount, but not the iscg05.

#18 ·
DarkDaze said:
I running a truvativ 2x10 xo crankset on a nomad c. Excuse the ignorance, but how does the e.13 turbocharger connect to the crankset?
That is the whole problem with all the new 2x cranks that ar e"allegedly" for am use ... no bash option. The only one that is well thought out is the slx with bash.

#21 ·
Hey Dark Daze, Sort of sucks, but no bash on the Truvativ 2x10. Probably does not help as it seems you already have the 2x10 set up, but you can take the big ring off the 3x10, and put on a bash guard. However, gearing seems a little low with a 22/33/bash in that configuration. I agree with gticlay in that for all the technology employed in these cranks, the inability to run a bash ring seems short sighted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.