mtbr member

What the best shop to buy santacruz bike !

Share your opinion about the best shop to build new SC trail bike ?
    I'm talking about knowledge of the product and reliability.
    thanx

Freeriding Feline

Where Are You?

SmartCycles in Connecticut. Awesome shop.
    Bought 2 SC's from there.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy
    thanx

The one that has the model you want , the color you want and the correct frame size in stock.
    That's how I picked LBS when shopping for the Nomad.

mtbr member

a little more

its all correct but..
    unfortunatly i live in a place that have no bike shops !
    i have alery two SC bikes and have bad experience with bike shops...
    i'm looking for a shop that i can have good comunication with, can build it well, and will shipp the bike in good time, i do not llok for low prices i look for good quality service.
    thanks again.

Dirt Displacer
    I've had very good experiences with Cambria Bike Online..... Just call them, and their representatives are friendly and knowledgable. I bought my Nomad frame from them, plus other stuff.
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombardier
    I've had very good experiences with Cambria Bike Online..... Just call them, and their representatives are friendly and knowledgable. I bought my Nomad frame from them, plus other stuff.

Couple of local boys here on the boards called esquire and Innocent Bystander have a highend shop that sells SC bikes, there are many happy riders here too that are riding: www.boutiquebikes.com products I for one am just about to recieve my third frame and fork from them.
    Pearl & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

Bike to the Bone...
    its all correct but..
    unfortunatly i live in a place that have no bike shops !
    i have alery two SC bikes and have bad experience with bike shops...
    i'm looking for a shop that i can have good comunication with, can build it well, and will shipp the bike in good time, i do not llok for low prices i look for good quality service.
    thanks again.
    I've had good experience with Speedgoat (speedgoat.com). I bought a Titus, but they're good and they have good prices.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    Couple of local boys here on the boards called esquire and Innocent Bystander have a highend shop that sells SC bikes, there are many happy riders here too that are riding: www.boutiquebikes.com products I for one am just about to recieve my third frame and fork from them.

I've had good luck with them (www.boutiquebikes.com) as well, and noticed that today they have a new large, black anodized Nomad, that was a "forgot to cancel" order thats looking for a home. I was seriously considering it, but will stick with my Burner for now. Great looking frame though.

TNC
    noMAD man

Our shop is the best!

thanx
    LOL! Well, I think we're pretty darned good at least. However, without digging out our SC dealer agreement, I seem to recall that most regular shops are not allowed to ship SC bikes ordered by phone or internet. Threre are a limited number of internet bike dealers allowed to sell and ship SC bikes. It's that way with most brands, so perhaps you won't just be able to call up a shop of your choice and order one. This is to protect their dealer network to some degree. Our shop has sold and built up just about the whole SC lineup at this point. We haven't done a V10. All the employees own at least one SC bike even though we're also a Specialized and Trek dealership. I didn't look at your profile...where do you live? Find a shop that not only sells the SC brand but whose employees use the product to some degree also.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkBelly
    I've had good luck with them (www.boutiquebikes.com) as well, and noticed that today they have a new large, black anodized Nomad, that was a "forgot to cancel" order thats looking for a home. I was seriously considering it, but will stick with my Burner for now. Great looking frame though.
    Where do you see the Nomad frame because I'm not seeing it? I've checked out their site, and would have even considered buying from them, but there's nothing there. Do you need to create an account or something to see their merchandise?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man
    Where do you see the Nomad frame because I'm not seeing it? I've checked out their site, and would have even considered buying from them, but there's nothing there. Do you need to create an account or something to see their merchandise?
    Its at the shop, I don't think they include their entire inventory at their shop, online, but send one of them an email, their addresses should be on the site somewhere.

mtbr member
    I agree with Bombardier.... I highly recommend www.cambriabike.com. They are authorized to ship SC bikes and they have a ton of colors and shock options in stock. They were the only bike shop I could find that had a Nomad in stock back in October when I bought mine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Smile SpeedGoat

I have bought lots of good stuff from them. FREE SHIPPING , NO TAX AND GREAT SERVICE. That makes a great , trustable and very professional online dealer. i live close within 1 hour and I know them personally. Great group of people.They know thier product .

When a warranty issue may arise. They will go to bat for you. Santa Cruz would be a nightmare to contact.

Good luck !!!