mtbr member

Water Bottle Cage Solution for 2012 Blur LT

One of the only real criticisms of my Blur is the absence of a water bottle location. During the summer I always wear a Camelbak since I can easily go through 2L in a normal ride. However, as the weather gets cooler I don't really need quite so much. Ideally I'd like to fit at least one on the bike somewhere and one in my jersey pocket. What solutions have people come up with on the Blur?

I've seen the ones that mount behind the seatpost, but those seem like they'd be in the way once the trail points downward.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Mounted behind the seat.
    Profile design makes them single or dual. I use the single one for short rides. I have the same problem with my khs.
    I tried the seat mounted but i would get paranoid that the rear tire would hit it.
    You just need a bottle that has a cover on the spout. I tried the handlebar mount but too geeky.

Water Bottle Cage Solution for 2012 Blur LT-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348765671.269431.jpg

mtbr member
    does that interfere with getting back behind the saddle? I have a few steps and drops on my trails where I'm almost laying on the saddle.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    I know what you mean, my shorts got snag by the tip I the bottle even if the post was down. My solution was jut to use a small bottle not the tall ones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxedrn View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348765671.269431.jpg 
Views:	2531 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	726846
    Hum... One of the first time I've seen the QR lever on the mech side. Any reasoning or just some wanting to be different angst?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    I had the same dilemna with my nomadc in that I want to go out for a ride where it is cooler and don't needs buckets of water to drink.

My solution is to just stick the water bottle in the jersery pocket on my back.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Hum... One of the first time I've seen the QR lever on the mech side. Any reasoning or just some wanting to be different angst?
    That was taken a long time ago. When I used to pull a kid trailer, the qr lever interferes with the trailer attachment.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    does the bottle mount hit when the shock bottoms and the seat is down?

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    I have a SKS strap on cage holder for instances I need some spare fluids.

I know some people who mount the QR on driveside since they fear a rotor burn if they have to change a flat after a long downhill.
    i ride bikes