mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Warranty on Nomad bearings?

I hear I am suppose to have a lifetime warranty on my Nomad's bearings and mine are getting pretty shot. Does anyone know how I go about getting them replaced? I was thinking I would replace them myself as I don't trust my local dealer to touch my bike! Do I need to call santa cruz? I don't see any info about it on there website. I don't even see replacement bearings in there web store. All they listed is the propack. Thanks in advance for your help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I had a similar query - this is what Santa Cruz said in reply:

Yes, Santa Cruz now guarantees all frame pivot bearings for life, on all
    bike models, to the original owner. We will offer free replacements in
    exchange for Proof of Purchase and the return of your old/damaged bearings.
    If you ever need to take advantage of the bearing guarantee, just email -
    bearings@santacruzbicycles.com and our Tech Dept can help sort you out from
    there.

There seem to be plenty of threads on Santa Cruz bearing replacement procedure on this website - with a little know how and a few quality tools it sounds like it is achievable for the home mechanic. Good luck!

Lord of the Chainrings
    One thing I don't like about their policy: DOWNTIME!

Remove bearings and send to Santa Cruz......... 1 week.
    Santa Cruz sends new set............................... 1 week.

= Downtime.......................................... ......... 2 weeks!

Why can't they they just have some kind of "core charge" exchange policy?
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    May 2004

good 4 you guys

I have an 11 mounth old nomad and my bearings were shot around 2 weeks ago, got my lbs here in the uk to call jungle the importers and got told i would have to buy a full propack if i wanted to replace them . They offerd to replace the bottom 4 for free after a few strong words. what good is that i was so pissed i rang santacruz in the states and heard nothing in the end i just stumped up the 75 quid and bought the pro pack at least i now have a full set not just a part done job, bit of a poor show if you ask me i was going to buy a 4x but have now orderd a yeti in stead to build up a lighter xc bike shame i really wanted another cruz just don't like being mucked a round over such a silly thing anyway good luck, the propack does at least make a difference over the older standerd ones bat.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Where did you buy yours from bat? I bought my frame from Stif and have a new set coming next week, no questions asked.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Lcal lbs

Yeah i got them from my local lbs on the south coast of england,( good guys ). Jungle where really adament and to be frank unhelpfull about not supplying a full set of pro bearings so i just gave in and got them so i could get out and ride weathers to nice to miss, still pissed at the moment hence the yeti bike and not a santacruz for a light xc bike. It has to be said jungle just went on about a change of policy some mounths a go and that was that, still it would have been nice for the guy i left a voice message for at santacruz usa to have at least tryed to call back owell. How's your nomad going if memory serves me we got lyriks at the same time and got the ones with duff seals, glad to say mines a ok now and im happy with my replacement lyricks, no probs since bat.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm now on a Lyrik Coil, and so far it's been brilliant. Just swapping out the medium spring for a soft now so we'll see what that goes like.

I've been out on a Commencal Meta 4 today (contemplating a marathon/race bike) and now I'm thinking of swapping the Nomad for a Meta 5, it really rode well!!

mtbr member
    May 2004

Coooool

Yeah i just got a yeti asr sl of ebay, new for like half price so am looking forward to geting that built up soon. I saw the commercials at the bike show today they do look good it has to be said and certanley getting good reviews in all the mags, as for the nad it's still my main bike i love it even after a years riding still brings a big smile on my face next up grade is a mavick speedball seatpost and finish setting up my pushed float shox and that should be it for the nomad bat.