mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Upset waited for 16 weeks now!!!

once upon a time in spring i ordered a bullit... it was told that the shipping time will take about 6-8 weeks to europe, ok for me... now it's the 16th week and I'm kind of frustrated... it is supposed to arrive next week, but who will give me back the lost bike months!? i want to get a discount or santa cruz should think about a compensation... do you think there is a chance?

mtbr member
    I would guess no

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by tuktuk
    once upon a time in spring i ordered a bullit... it was told that the shipping time will take about 6-8 weeks to europe, ok for me... now it's the 16th week and I'm kind of frustrated... it is supposed to arrive next week, but who will give me back the lost bike months!? i want to get a discount or santa cruz should think about a compensation... do you think there is a chance?

What the hell did you order????

I just looked at the SC inventory and they have just about every size and color in stock.

Sounds more like an Importing issue rather than a SC issue.

Don't expect any compensation from SC......wait times have been an issue in the past, but SC has been pretty good with shippiing ETA this year.

Bring on the Funk!
    Mar 2007
    Try these guys: http://www.acmebicycles.com/
    A super shop.

mtbr member
    absolutely not. unfortunetly, it's just one of those things that happends. why didnt you go for a nicoli? ive heard nothing but good things, theyre in germany, and you can get it a hell ofa lot quicker...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    ok, thanks for your answers!
    I'm looking forward now, only a few more days are remaining... try to forget the waiting and think positive

nerfherder
    Good things come for those who wait. Those who can't ride Mongooses. Haha. Just kidding. Not really.

mtbr member
    I waited 13 weeks for my Blur LT 08 size L. SC says there's a queue in production, I guess the supply doesn't quite meet the demand. First come, first served.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    I've been in your shoes waitin' on a SC frame/bike, and it ain't fun. However, be glad they are taking their time and building a good frame/producing a good product. When bike co.'s start "stackin'em high & lettin'em fly", and gettin' bikes to you in days...then you gotta worry about unsafe welds, shoddy work, etc....they, SC, are already gettin' stuff made over seas, (my guess is to help meet demands at a lil cheaper rate), lets hope it doesn't have an impact on quality.

Hope yer wait is gettin' shorter and is worth it.....my guess is "it will be". I've got (3) SC frames and everyone has been worth the wait.

(I'm like the others, probably a "customs issue").
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    May 2006
    My BLT2 came about 4 months after I ordered it.

I was upset during the wait too. Good thing I had a cheapie Cannondale to ride until the BLT2 came.

Now I ride the BLT2 like crazy, tons of miles, to make up for the lost time during early summer.

You will like it when it comes.

Bomber
    Welcome to 2008 in the bike industry; "The manufacturer says..."
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before, and to hear the lamentation of the women."