Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

And the wait begins...

Sigh... I ordered my Heckler yesterday at my lbs, and SC says I should see it in about 3 weeks. I called scores of SC dealers in the SoCal area looking for one in stock, but the only ones I could find had the Fox Float R. SC is now shipping them with the 5th Coil as the base shock which I would prefer so I ordered it. Now, i've read a TON of horror storys about waiting for SC to fill frame orders, so I was wondering, how long did you wait for your Heckler / SC frame?

Thanks for any feedback.

Whoaohohohoh
    I waited 8 weeks for my superlight frame back in 2000. For my bullit I bought it in a store, which wasn't such a good idea since the store wasn't too nice to me and and managed to cross thread my derauier hanger.

But anyway I wouldn't be surprise if your 3 weeks turned into 6. You could try online at speedgoat and see if they have them in stock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I put an order in for a pollished vpfree on feb 13th. got a call on the on the 21st that it was being shipped out. should be in my hands by early this coming week
    last summer a buddie of mine got his v10 in less than 2 weeks,
    stay positive won't be too long

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    I waited 8 weeks for my superlight frame back in 2000. For my bullit I bought it in a store, which wasn't such a good idea since the store wasn't too nice to me and and managed to cross thread my derauier hanger.

But anyway I wouldn't be surprise if your 3 weeks turned into 6. You could try online at speedgoat and see if they have them in stock.
    I haven't tried speedgoat, but I've looked all over the net and they all have the Fox Float R and not the 5th Coil. I'll take a look, thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstick
    I put an order in for a pollished vpfree on feb 13th. got a call on the on the 21st that it was being shipped out. should be in my hands by early this coming week
    Thanks for your input silverstick, and have fun with your vpfree!!!

Be sure to give us pics!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sway?
    Thanks for your input silverstick, and have fun with your vpfree!!!

Be sure to give us pics!
    will do
    thanks

bump and grind

waiting myself

Ordered a heckler also last thursday from my local dealer. He said that I was in luck and SC had one in my color and size in stock. If my order came through in time to grab the frame in stock, my new frame should take around a month to get here (across the world) accdg to my dealer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Curiously, my dealer also told me that SC no longer specs the 5th coil on the heckler. So Im getting a swinger coil instead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobym2
    Ordered a heckler also last thursday from my local dealer. He said that I was in luck and SC had one in my color and size in stock. If my order came through in time to grab the frame in stock, my new frame should take around a month to get here (across the world) accdg to my dealer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Curiously, my dealer also told me that SC no longer specs the 5th coil on the heckler. So Im getting a swinger coil instead.
    Your color must be ano silver, and your size must be large... At least that's all SC said they had in stock.
    Here are the current specs on what is offered on the Heckler.

http://www.santacruzmtb.com/heckler/index.php?pricing=1

But I wouldn't be heartbroken if it came with the springer coil...

mtbr member
    ugh, ordered a chameleon frame in early-mid january and I'm still waiting. SC must be getting a shipment in next month, they just told my lbs that it would be in around mid march.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I ordered my heckler Feb.8 from my lbs, they told me it would be in 2-3 weeks. It came in Feb. 22 (2 weeks) and I got to ride it today. Stay positive and remember it'll be worth the wait. Late

bump and grind
    Quote Originally Posted by Sway?
    Your color must be ano silver, and your size must be large... At least that's all SC said they had in stock.
    Here are the current specs on what is offered on the Heckler.

http://www.santacruzmtb.com/heckler/index.php?pricing=1

But I wouldn't be heartbroken if it came with the springer coil...
    silver ano, but my size is a medium.

Same here about the swinger coil. Its got better reviews than the 5th too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Ordered a VP-free (large, anodized, slate) in January, from a shop in Germany. And they say they will get it in March. So i guess it will be like two months of waiting. But, it's almost March, so the hard part will soon be over.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

not long at all

so just like I expected It showed up at the shop today.
    small vpfree pollished
    fox 40rc2
    XO freeride kit.
    can't wait for the season to start. pics to follow [if I can remember the camera].
    my local SC rep said he had never seen an order for a pollished VPfree to go throught so quick. I'm a lucky bastard

mtbr member
    I ordered a Blur back in December 03 and got it within 3 weeks. A year ago February I ordered a Chameleon and it took a whopping 6 months to come in. While still waiting for the chameleon I ordered a Nomad and it took 2 months to come in. Don't hold your breath or believe the 2 weeks story they'll tell you every time you call for info.

bump and grind
    I was just informed that my heckler frame will be out of the factory tomorrow. Hooray! I just pray it arrives alright.

crumblin' erbs

And the wait continues...

I ordered a black VP Free w/Fox DHX form my LBS. SC told them 2-3 weeks,it's been 4 still no frame. My LBS told me that SC is never on time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I was told that my Blur LT frame would be arriving in about 3 weeks... that was 4 weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man
    I was told that my Blur LT frame would be arriving in about 3 weeks... that was 4 weeks ago.
    Ordered my BLT on the end of december, got on the 15 feb.

so about 6 weeks to get it to france ;o)

Nicolas

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    so just like I expected It showed up at the shop today.
    small vpfree pollished
    fox 40rc2
    XO freeride kit.
    can't wait for the season to start. pics to follow [if I can remember the camera].
    my local SC rep said he had never seen an order for a pollished VPfree to go throught so quick. I'm a lucky bastard
    a couple of pics so you know it's for real. should get her done this weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

And the wait begins is right!!!

I ordered a Chameleon December 19th, 2005 and It's March 2nd, 2006...almost 7 weeks and still no frame. I hope you have better luck than I do.
    Maybe somebody at Santa Cruz should hire a project manager to assess their current business model and improve customer service. I don't mean to sound unreasonable, I understand that problems with manufacturing occur and may delay production, but damn be honest about it!!!
    Tell the customers there maybe a delay. Santa Cruz has to know how long manufacturing and shipping factor into wait time from the last year, unless they do no business statistic tracking whatsoever.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidgeRider
    I ordered a Chameleon December 19th, 2005 and It's March 2nd, 2006...almost 7 weeks and still no frame. I hope you have better luck than I do.
    Maybe somebody at Santa Cruz should hire a project manager to assess their current business model and improve customer service. I don't mean to sound unreasonable, I understand that problems with manufacturing occur and may delay production, but damn be honest about it!!!
    Tell the customers there maybe a delay. Santa Cruz has to know how long manufacturing and shipping factor into wait time from the last year, unless they do no business statistic tracking whatsoever.
    That's 10 1/2 weeks which is closer to "almost 11" than "almost 7". What were you told when you ordered it?

mtbr member
    The boat must have finally arrived, my chameleon came earlier this week,

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brassnipples
    The boat must have finally arrived, my chameleon came earlier this week,
    congrats
    lets see some pics

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

You cut the pic

Hey Silverstick what was the weight of the Vp Free frame and shock your pic doesn't show it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gkler
    Hey Silverstick what was the weight of the Vp Free frame and shock your pic doesn't show it?
    here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast