Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Too many Bronsons for sale !!

I am referring actually to Pinkbike's ads whereas many riders are selling their Bronsons. Is there something wrong with bike? Is there something that the riders do not like?
    The reviews are glorious why so many bronsons for sale then?

In addition has someone experience from riding both an XL Blur LT and an XL Bronson? How those bikes compare to each other? (if feedback can be provided for both fitting/sizing & performance would be great)?
    thank you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    A lot of those bikes are two years old now. A lot of people upgrade that often.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    What cmrocks said....lots of churn with many folks. Add to this, a lot of 27.5 Trail/AM type bikes are available nowadays. A few local riders I know with Bronsons say "I would have gotten the 5010 if it were available when I got the Bronson". Purely because of the terrain/trails available locally not because anything is wrong with the Bronson. Anyhow, lots of good used bikes for sale used may mean nice buying opportunities around the corner.

mtbr member
    Bronson was the first of the 27.5 bikes from SC and fever was high. Solo and Nomad have followed over the last 12 months so normalisation taking place. It's a cracker bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Contrast this with TB/TBLT though, which have also been around about as long as the Bronson. You do not see many of them for sale, and they have sold many more of the 29ers according to my LBS.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Believe it or not - MTB has lots of folks who always want the latest and greatest....even if it means going into huge debt.

Today's current blowout.......2x10 drivetrains.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    If your in the market pick one up. I can't imagine that the slight differences in 5010 and bronson will make a huge difference if you know how to ride. Nomad is a beauty, but you need real mountains to exploit it.

I still see my bronson as the every day bike for riding the hills, and if I get to ride some real mountain races it's plenty capable.

I've had a blur XCc (xc race setup), then a blur 4x config as a trail bike, and the only negative the bronson has is needs more lean in on slow singletrack. The XCc was an animal in acceleration - but how often are you full tilt sprinting on a ride?

The guys above are in line with what I think - MTB folk are fickle.
    PM me for a great price on a pike 150 27.5 as new condition, barely seen dirt!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I noticed this same thing when I went to sell my Bronson C a couple of months ago. I picked mine up used (basically new) in April and figured I could sell it for the purchase price after a couple of months if I didn't love it. Well, I didn't love it, and when I went to sell it (still in like-new condition) there were 4 other Bronson C's on the local Craigslist (Boulder/Denver, CO) selling at steep discounts. I was able to sell it eventually, but had to drop the price to significantly less than I paid a few months before (and I thought I got a great deal!).

I tend to think it's a product of the hype that surrounded the Bronson when it came out. It was suddenly the bike everyone lusted after, but a lot of folks (like me) realized that it's not the perfect do-it-all bike if you spend a fair amount of time climbing, which most folks around here do. The 5010 or TBLT is a better fit for general all-mountain riding, and I think a lot of folks sold off their Bronsons when they realized this.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bikegreece View Post
    I am referring actually to Pinkbike's ads whereas many riders are selling their Bronsons. Is there something wrong with bike? Is there something that the riders do not like?
    The reviews are glorious why so many bronsons for sale then?

In addition has someone experience from riding both an XL Blur LT and an XL Bronson? How those bikes compare to each other? (if feedback can be provided for both fitting/sizing & performance would be great)?
    thank you.
    Nothing wrong with the Bronsons, they rip! I think what others said on this thread is true, people renewing bikes after a season or two. I am selling mine only because I am riding a Nomad now.

Having had both an XL LT and the XL Bronson, the Bronson is a waaaaay more fun bike, more stable at high speed, corners better and on and on. The cockpit fits better, less cramped that the LT and the 27.5 wheels roll like the bike is on rails. If the LT was a pickup truck, the Bronson is a trophy truck! Not to mention the LT was designed several years ago and the Bronson is at the top of the evolutionary heap so to speak.

mtbr member
    One word...Nomad. All the former Bronson owners that have been on it for at least a year wanted an upgrade or looking for the new holy grail of ultimate AM destroyer and newness factor. I have owned many a aggro trail, AM/FR bikes over the years and the Bronson suits me quite well as do all trail/AM ripper. For rides where I am doing long grinds to bomber trail descents or playing around with many hot laps on local mixed XC/AM flow trails. Nomad would simply be too much bike for me (and i have a Rune V2 as well), unless I was charging the big mt rides and/or Enduro racing hard. Bronson to me is too nice of a trail bike to subject and abuse to said terrain. I like to think of the Bronson as more of a Super D bike, and Nomad for Enduro DH and right now everything sees to be Enduro, Enduro, Enduro, Enduro.....
    Ride On!

default title
    Mar 2008
    Funny, same drop of Bronnies happening in Santa Cruz CL right now... deals to be had.
    "My opinions are often more offensive than my *******." - Twindaddy

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yep, I suspect it's mostly due to the new Nomad. I actually nearly bought another Bronson C last week, but was able to get a decent deal on a Knolly Warden instead and wanted to try something new.

My Bronson C still rates as the second-best bike I've ever owned.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Blatant, so what is the best bike you have owned considering riding up and down, not just for downhill ? thanks.

LCW
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    My Bronson C still rates as the second-best bike I've ever owned.
    And the first-best being what??
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

LCW
    mtbr member

BTW - what are LBS prices on new Bronsons these days? MSRP or somewhat less? Just curious...
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    My Enduro 29 S-works is far and away the finest all-around bike I've owned. Bronson in strong second. Actually, I think the Bronson might have been a superior climber by a small margin. Downhill, though? The E29 is pure magic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've been watching the ads for a year or more now, on a daily basis. I was looking for a descent deal for my self. In particular I was looking for the Bronson or the Stumpy Evo 26. I can confirm that during this period the new ads for the stumpy's were aprox. 1 every month while for the Bronson's were 2 every week, today.. looks like an inventory sales!
    It might doesn't mean anything or it is just that SC sold tons of Bronson's and 5010 and apparently some of those guys were not happy. They look more because the bike sells a lot. Compared to stumpy which is another popular bike it seems that people "keep" the later more.
    At this point I will agree with Blatant, my fsr evo bike (this is what I finally bought) is superior when you point downhill and this was the reason I took the decision to sell my LT. So my original question was to find out if the Bronson sellers are sharing the same performance concerns and their bikes didn't meet the so very well marketed expectations?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    In my experience, I only sold my Bronson C when I bought an Enduro. I wasn't disappointed in the bike at all and I'd certainly own one again as a second bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Sounds like a good time to buy one second hand then!!

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    In my experience, I only sold my Bronson C when I bought an Enduro. I wasn't disappointed in the bike at all and I'd certainly own one again as a second bike.
    Blatant, for the type of riding we do out here. Somo, pmp, goatcamp..etc. I'm having a difficult time deciding between the bronson and nomad. I love climbing and sounds like the Nomad is not far off from the prowess of the bronson. I know you love the E29er but I am a smaller rider 5'7 and don't think it would work for me.Thanks man! oh and I still have my dh bike too.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Hey, bro. Keep in mind, I haven't ridden the new Nomad. I do have a tough time believing the Nomad -- given its relatively radical geometry -- can truly climb as well as the Bronson. However, better riders than me have suggested it, so perhaps it's true.

What are you riding now?

mtbr member
    I just looked on Pinkbike. There are a few Bronsons on there, but why do I buy your two year old factory build aluminum bike, when I can spend the same money(or less) on a brand new carbon one now that Santa Cruz dropped the price on the carbon frames?

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Hey, bro. Keep in mind, I haven't ridden the new Nomad. I do have a tough time believing the Nomad -- given its relatively radical geometry -- can truly climb as well as the Bronson. However, better riders than me have suggested it, so perhaps it's true.

What are you riding now?
    Just sold my 2008 yeti 575. Had that thing for six years!!!. Just saving up some extra cash which is also giving me lots of time to do some research. I have test rode the Nomad but both were larges and not really spec'd to my fit. Wheelbase might be the only thing hanging me up now that I think about it.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Wow. Well, you're in a great spot given so many incredible bikes available today. The problem is narrowing the list.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    I just looked on Pinkbike. There are a few Bronsons on there, but why do I buy your two year old factory build aluminum bike, when I can spend the same money(or less) on a brand new carbon one now that Santa Cruz dropped the price on the carbon frames?
    For clarification... Santa Cruz didn't drop the price on their carbon frames. The Carbon "C" bikes are still the same price they were before. What they did was come out with a new lower-cost version that uses a different carbon construction process and is cheaper but a bit bigger and heavier. It's a different frame, and (maybe more importantly) they're outfitting those bikes with a much lower-end parts kit (you can't get them in an X01 package, for example). So it's not really fair to say the price has dropped - there's just a new option that's in between the old aluminum version and carbon version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast