FishZapper

Ti Springs for Bullit...

Im looking to get a Ti spring for my 5th Element on my 04 Bullit. I understand the weight savings are something significant.

Where online can I order a Ti spring for a 5th?

Also, anyone that has one that they'd like to part with...Id like to hear about it if its cheaper than retail.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTreadOnMe
    Im looking to get a Ti spring for my 5th Element on my 04 Bullit. I understand the weight savings are something significant.

Where online can I order a Ti spring for a 5th?

Also, anyone that has one that they'd like to part with...Id like to hear about it if its cheaper than retail.

give larry (ventanarama on the site) over here:

http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com/

a call or e-mail. i picked up my ti coil for my swinger for a very good price; better than anywhere else i've seen. no web ordering, but he's pretty fast with stuff. dropped very close to half a pound instantly.

otherwise, www.go-ride.com has them. not sure who else.
    Last edited by scrublover; 02-16-2006 at 06:24 AM.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Hella Olde
    I think Ti spring on a Bullit is silly....like a carbon fiber control lever on a Cat D9...all vanity. I am also vain and ride a Bullit, too...but come on. Only a weight weenie or Expert and above DH racer should bother.

FishZapper
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40
    I think Ti spring on a Bullit is silly....like a carbon fiber control lever on a Cat D9...all vanity. I am also vain and ride a Bullit, too...but come on. Only a weight weenie or Expert and above DH racer should bother.
    Well, I didnt ask for asinine points of view, but since you offered it, when I race DH, I do race expert class and Im in the process of trying to build my bullit to be as light as reasonably possible without sacrificing strenght. A Ti spring is a good way to lose a considerable amount of weight.
    I could care less what you think is silly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    or if your like me and getting a $12k refund on your taxes and need some completely assinine way to piss away $250 then a Ti spring for the bullit is the way to go

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Vanity Hey

Quote Originally Posted by DH40
    I purchased a Ti spring for my Bullit from GoRide, it cost a bit but i feal it was worth it, im not sure if its the placibo effect but i swear it feals beta and its lighter of course. The RCS Ti springs GoRide have arent as long as Progessives so they use a Delrin spacer to make up for it and it wont work without the spacer beause the threads arent long enough on the shock. I was a bit hesitant at first but now reckon it looks awesome. Call me Vain i dont care what you think.