mtbr member

Thinking of a new ride - Nomad vs 6.6

Hey all

I'm planning on getting a new ride this winter and I've pretty much decided on either a Nomad (still up in the air about an '08 or the revised '09 version) or a 6.6 - just curious as to anyone's experience here of a comparison.

A little background on my riding:

* Currently riding a BLT1 and a VPFree and looking to consolidate them into one bike - thus leaning towards a Nomad or 6.6.

* Colorado Front Range dweller and primary terrain with weekend trips up to Keystone/WP/Sol Vista and the occasional one off trips to Oregon, Moab, Fruita, NorCal, etc. etc. etc.

* I've ridden the new BLT2 in Downieville and could feel the difference over my BLT1.

I know that I would [edit - WOULDNT] go wrong with either - just would like to hear some real word relevant feedback.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fosbibr; 08-30-2008 at 03:14 PM.
    Intense Tracer VP
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    24" BMX

mtbr member
    I've ridden both and neither are for me. I'm going with the 6.6 SS which has a whole different feel and much MUCH better for DH, parks, jumps and FR sessions at places like Post and Black Rock here locally. AND it's light enough to pedal uphill nearly as well as a Nomad or standard 6.6. Where you live, and what you describe, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the SS. I'm really surprised SC hasn't come up with a knock-off yet.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    As much as I hate to say it, I would go for the US builtness of the 6.6 We just got in a Socom for a customer and the detail of the frame is awesome. But, I still love my Nomad!!!

mtbr member
    GMAN

The thought of riding Black Rock brings back such good memories. I only wish we had something as good here in Colorado. I did the Memorial Weekend shuttle event in 2007 and was so impressed.

Cheers!
    Intense Tracer VP
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    24" BMX