mtbr member

Is there a new VP-Free coming?

From SC's website:
    *Important note: We are sold out of all VP-Free frames for the rest of 2007. You may be able to find a 2007 VP-Free in stock at a dealer now, but there will be no more new orders being accepted through our Sales Dept for the remainder of the 2007 year.

sounds alot like when they stopped selling the bullit for a while before releasing the new one and the current vp-free design is the oldest/least changed of the sc line.........................let the rumors fly

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I've had word that there's a new VP Free. It'll be very similar in design but tweaked with some great hydroforming.

Quote Originally Posted by forceyoda
    From SC's website:
    *Important note: We are sold out of all VP-Free frames for the rest of 2007. You may be able to find a 2007 VP-Free in stock at a dealer now, but there will be no more new orders being accepted through our Sales Dept for the remainder of the 2007 year.

sounds alot like when they stopped selling the bullit for a while before releasing the new one and the current vp-free design is the oldest/least changed of the sc line.........................let the rumors fly

Get Down Do you
    Quote Originally Posted by bog
    I've had word that there's a new VP Free. It'll be very similar in design but tweaked with some great hydroforming.

Hot! a Free with some Nomad/Jackal lines would be so hot. I hope they go in that direction.
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

Some Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggsly
    Hot! a Free with some Nomad/Jackal lines would be so hot. I hope they go in that direction.
    Personally I'd like to see them offer a Free w/adjustable travel. There are rides I'd like to limit the 8.5" to 7" or so. The 1st time I put it in the 7" travel setting something would happen & cause me to wish I had it in the 8.5" setting.....pppffffttt.... I guess the hump of the Nomad/Jackal lines would be ok as long as it didn't have the dip at the upper link. There isn't a brace/support/gusset supporting the seat tube & I'm envisioning issues w/cracks like a few Nomads have had, happening due to the extent of hardcore riding the VP Free allows now. Just my thoughts, probably much-a-do-about-nothing....ppfftttt again.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Members who have read this thread: 0