MountainGoat aka OldGoat

Good job! From TBc to TBLTc, and now BRONSONc !!!

Built up the Bronson and only had time for a short spin and I need to dial in the air pressure a little but here goes...
    The biggest thing I noticed was the angle of the front end. I noticed it most when jumping out of the saddle to climb over a short rise instead of changing gears. The bike felt like what I remember a 26er felt like, very lively. The bumps and rocks on my local trail felt only slightly larger than on my 29er. I'm hoping to get a couple more rides on it before a three day road trip to The Goose this weekend.
    I will keep you guys posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From TBc to TBLTc, and now BRONSONc !!!-image.jpg  

From TBc to TBLTc, and now BRONSONc !!!-image.jpg  

From TBc to TBLTc, and now BRONSONc !!!-image.jpg  

Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    That's a pretty good looking bike, loving the color scheme
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

TBc to TBLTc to Bronson

Wow, nice build. I have to ask did you spend much trail time on other high end carbon 29's for a good comparison ? I suspect you did. Scratch this -I read your other post, looking to your further observations.
    Last edited by fruitafrank; 05-29-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: answered my own question

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Wow 28.1lbs with XTR and Enve wheels?! My Nomadc is 30.4 with XT and the WTB i23 wheels and less than half the price! Don't get me wrong, I would give just about anything for your your bike, but I guess I hoped it would be lighter.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash-VR View Post
    Wow 28.1lbs with XTR and Enve wheels?! My Nomadc is 30.4 with XT and the WTB i23 wheels and less than half the price! Don't get me wrong, I would give just about anything for your your bike, but I guess I hoped it would be lighter.
    Pics are a little fuzzy but if I'm not mistaken those are the Maxxis High Rollers TRs which are a pretty hefty tire (~900g). Plenty of grip for technical terrain but not light. Could easily save a pound or two with an alternate tire choice but I'm sure he's rolling with what works for him.

Super-nice bike tho'

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven View Post
    The biggest thing I noticed was the angle of the front end. I noticed it most when jumping out of the saddle to climb over a short rise instead of changing gears.
    Can you elaborate? Do you mean the slacker HA? Is this a good thing, bad thing or just different feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by pachaven View Post
    The bike felt like what I remember a 26er felt like, very lively. The bumps and rocks on my local trail felt only slightly larger than on my 29er.
    Is there a reason you switched to 29ers in the first place?

Is the weight picture with or without pedals?

Nice looking bike. Have a great trip.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Ok I got a second ride this morning and it was more fun. I made all the changes I wanted and the bike fit great. The tires GRIP like glue!! I had zero pedal strikes which is odd. SC must have lifted the bottom bracket as compared to the TBLTc I've been riding. That is a good thing. The steering is slower and I think the HT angle is raked out. It made the descents real fun. I did miss the monster truck wheels on the 29er when climbing up the technical rough stuff. The smaller wheels drop into the holes more often than big 29ers. Duh! I like it and it felt similar to my TBLT when the VPP would cycle. More reports when I get back from the Goose!!
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Pchaven, thanks for your reports. Good to hear an honest comparison to your TBLTc.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Just got back from my Utah road trip with my BronsonC and I had a blast. Go put your orders in!!!! This bike was perfect at the Goose. You know the moonscape area about a mile in (I think it's called Skate Park) with all the steep rollers??? Well with the Bronson at speed.... They become launchers!!!!! Some of them to flats others to transitions. The short punchy climbs were like velcro. Great bike for all the small ledges that the 26ers have to lift for, the 27 just soaked them up. Gould, JEM, Hurricane was fun but the bike was more than I needed as the JEM going down towards Hurricane was watered down. Guacamole with the new trail added was GREAT on the bike.
    All in all a great bike. Go get you some!!!
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    No Grafton Mesa

What size are you riding?

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    No bummer!!! It was 102 this weekend in Hurricane UT so we had to choose our rides based on that. That BronsonC is a size medium.
    Edit: My bad, I was thinking you were asking about Barlet Wash. That was too hot to ride. We went for Guac because Quinten turned us on to some new cut trail and we could not pass it up and had to pass on Grafton
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Pachhaven, its great to see objective views on the bikes. Some just rave about their new ride without really looking at the + or - . Great riding area I try to get their every year, usually in the spring.