NMBP

TBc and TBLT-Worth having both?

I currently own a TBc and love it, and have no plans of getting rid of it. I just want something to compliment it that has some more cush. I am intrigued by the Bronson and Turner Burner as well, but at 6'6", I am really a 29er guy. (Although I possibly could be persuaded) So, is the LT that much different, or would I just end up with slightly more of the same? In all reality, I really don't need a lot more travel, I just kind of want it!

b a n n e d
    I think you'd be wasting your money . . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    I have each and while I can use each of them for the same thing they are quite different to me. Definitely if I want to "play" a bit more, monster truck stuff and have more fun I ride the LTc. The TBc can ride all that same stuff too but I'll get rattled more and it'll be much more of a workout.
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintox50 View Post
    I have each and while I can use each of them for the same thing they are quite different to me. Definitely if I want to "play" a bit more, monster truck stuff and have more fun I ride the LTc. The TBc can ride all that same stuff too but I'll get rattled more and it'll be much more of a workout.
    What he said AND...
    Keep the TBc light. No dropper post, fast tires etc.. The new TBLTc build up with some fun fat tires, big brakes, dropper post and have fun with it.
    When I sell my BronsonC I'm going to get another TBc2 and keep it light.
    Good luck
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I have owned both, currently riding the LTc. I found the diff. minor in climbing, accel. general riding but as the trails get rocky, rooty, or rough I can ride away from my fellow TBc riders and I can sit through many places they are standing. With that when the turns are sharp and sequentialI and through tight tree sections I do miss my TBc. I think you should try the longer travel I don't see much downside.

mtbr member
    May 2005

TBc and TBLT-Worth having both?

No...the TBLTc is all you need....it will cover all bases.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    No...the TBLTc is all you need....it will cover all bases.
    Unless you like having at least two bottle cages (though there are ways around that) or you do at least an occasional xc race.
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    There's a really big difference in their descending prowess. I've owned both, and if I could only have one (and I can only have one), it would be the LTc.

NMBP
    Thanks for the replies guys. I guess the best thing to do would be try and get a test ride on an LT, but SC is pretty rare in these parts, let alone an XXL. I am trying to get out to Interbike, so I may just get my chance.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    It's so subjective isnít it? I agree that making the TBc super light for climbing, 100mm fork, carb wheels and LTc a bit more burly will give you a diff feel and performance. My prob is I'd want to pimp out the LTc too especially the wheelset. I enjoy my TBc too much to sell but also seeking the perfect trail rig. If TBc had 120 rear and a bit more slack that may be heaven. A friend suggested to install an angle set but Iím skeptical. Good idea to ride one but not sure 1 ride will convince you.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Interesting thread. I am actually looking to pick up a bike to compliment my TBc. The TBLTc came out a couple of months after I bought my Tall Boy and missing the longer travel that I was used to from my old trusty Heckler became not much of a big deal.

However, now that the 27.5 Heckler has been announced I will most likely grab one of those as a stablemate.

At any rate, if you want both go for it. Having both cant be all bad. However, I know that when I had a blur and heckler, my blur gathers lots of dust...garage dust since the heckler was just in that sweet spot.

Good luck man!
    Very Effective High Intensity Interval Training and Weights Program:
    http://www.maxworkoutsblog.com