mtbr member
    Feb 2009

TB2c Frame Delivery Wait

Ordered my TB2c frame (matte black) the other week and was told by my LBS that my frame wouldn't ship until Sept. Bummer, but somewhat expected given it was just recently released. Complete bikes are supposedly shipping now, though - was told I could buy the complete bike with another older frame if I knew someone who wanted a complete older bike like the Highball, SL, etc., and they would ship the TB2c unassembled to build up the other bike. Must have something to do with the current demand for complete bikes. Anyone order their TB2c frame early enough to get it sooner rather than later? Any pics or ride reports to make me lust even more for my frame?

BK

Golden Bears United
    I second the request for pics and ride reports of the Tallboy 2.

Give us a brief summary of your ordering and wait time experience while you're at it.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Friend of mine was told September for a frame only, so he ordered a complete last week and will have it next week

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I ordered TB2 Matt Black / White on July 3rd and have been told end of July by LBS after they put in call to UK importer. Getting an update tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

bog
    mtbr member
    They make way more money off of complete bikes especially the higher end ones. If you're looking for frameset only it is tough to recoup the extra cost of the complete bike by selling the parts. The parts are worth so little even as new take-offs.
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

mtbr member

TB2c Frame Delivery Wait

I got my black TB2c frame a few weeks ago but it was a warranty replacement for a cracked TB1c. I love it. I guess it climbs better than the older one but it is hard to say for sure. Less pedal feedback in granny. Tiny bit lighter. I like the the 12mm rear axle (my TB had a 135mm QR). The seat tube is much shorter in the same size so I had to ditch my KS LEV. The new chainstay guard is quieter. Over all it is great. While I was waiting for the frame I put the 120mm fork on my Highball and love the resulting geometry. Now with the 120mm on the TB it feels a little too steep so I am going to try a 140mm.
    Scott

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just been told my TB2 is at the uk importer and I should have it next week.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Friend of mine was told September for a frame only, so he ordered a complete last week and will have it next week
    Seriously considering this route. I was planning on taking the upgraded parts (pretty nice stuff that's taken a while to put together) off of my current bike to build up the TB2c and selling the frame from my current bike, but I may just order a complete TB2c and swap the parts with my current bike and sell it as a complete bike. Probably will sell better that way, but the problem is I doubt I'll come close to recouping the extra $$ paid for a complete TB2c by selling a complete used bike. But, I don't know if I can wait another 2 months!

BK

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuki View Post
    ...but I may just order a complete TB2c and swap the parts with my current bike and sell it as a complete bike. ... But, I don't know if I can wait another 2 months!
    Well, went to my LBS yesterday to discuss either ordering the complete TB2c or perhaps the 2013 TB1c frame. They said that the TB1c frames in matte black/red were all gone but my matte black/white TB2c frame had shipped out on Friday! Don't know what changed (another batch of frames came in?), but I'm definitely happy I'll be getting my frame sooner rather than a lot later.
    BK

bog
    mtbr member
    I was considering the TB2c until I looked into the delivery for the XXL frame so I jumped on the Chainlove deal on a TB1.5c for $1700.
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My LBS called today to say Matte Carbon / White Medium frame is at the shop, getting them to fit headset and then I will pick it up Thursday. Sweet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Mine shipped today, can't wait

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Mine arrived on Friday, and I went by my LBS yesterday to check out the frame and schedule the build. But, they shipped the gloss white frame, not the matte black that I ordered. My LBS is gonna call the local SC rep on Monday, but I'm worried the matte black is out. I don't necessarily prefer one color over the other - I just like the idea of not having to worry about paint chips and scratches. I may just go with the gloss white, though, if the rep says it'll be a long wait for the matte black.
    BK
    Last edited by Benuki; 08-04-2013 at 08:14 AM.