mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Tallboy (non LT) with a Cane Creek DB Inline

Hey was wondering if anyone had tried this out. I know they say the inline is designed for a bike with 120mm - 150mm travel and the Tallboy only has 100mm travel, but they do make the shock in the right size to fit the bike.

My thoughts were putting an Inline on my Tallboy, I want to have a really good platform for climbing as well as the plush for the downhill.

I have had a good run with a Monarch RT3 on my Tallboy (2 years) and found the shock to be excellent for climbing but not very plush for the down. Where as with the Fox CTD Kashima I find is nice and plush for the down but not as good as the Monarch for riding up.

I have tried all sorts of settings and setups between those 2 shocks but never really been 100% happy with either.

Now I am wondering if the Inline might be that shock that can give the bike the performance I want. Though I see no mention of anyone anywhere who has tried this shock on their Tallboy.

mtbr member
    I have had the Inline on my Tallboy for a few rides, previously I had a FOX CTD Kashima. I have only had time to adjust the high speed compression/rebound so far but I already like it better than the Fox. The Inline feels much more controlled and doesn't seem to wallow in its travel as much as the Fox did.

As far as climbing, well I live in Houston, so my experience with that is limited.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Did you ever get the DB Inline? I have a Fox CTD but don't love it even Pushed. Also thinking of the Monarch.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Contemplating the DB Inline as an upgrade from a 2010 RP23 on my TBc... Any further thoughts from those with experience or guidance from suspension guru types?
    Santa Cruz Tallboy - lovin' the full squish 29'r!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I ended up getting a 2015 Monarch RT3 which I think is far superior to the 2012 RT3 I had, I'm pretty happy with it. And much much better than the stock fox

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT1 View Post
    I ended up getting a 2015 Monarch RT3 which I think is far superior to the 2012 RT3 I had, I'm pretty happy with it. And much much better than the stock fox
    Which particular TUNE did you get? Thanks.
    :: Titus FTM :: Santa Cruz TallboyC :: OnOne 456evo2 ::

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    M/m

my body breaks the falls
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT1 View Post
    Same here. But after reading about all these "new" short travel, slack 29ers I'm itching to try the DB inline to see if it improves things even further. I run a sagged 140mm Reba RLT Ti that I've always enjoyed, so I already have the slack and short parts covered

Anyone else try the DB yet? Curious to hear more. Seems a cheaper alternative to adding yet another bike to the garage and I'm out of space anyway.
    $500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org