• 04-04-2012
    ScottAtSCB
    Tallboy LTc XXL size now in the works (crossposted in 29er forum)
    Due to the overwhelming demand, and some thinly veiled physical threats from big guys everywhere, we are now committing to making the Tallboy LTc in a XXL size.
    It will take a little while to get through the engineering/design, tooling and testing phases, so we are probably looking at a September release, but it will be done.
    Sizing will be similar to the XXL Tallboy C model.

    Scott Turner
    Santa Cruz Bicycles
  • 04-04-2012
    pachaven
    Scott this may be too early to ask but do you expect the price to stay the same or will the XXL have a price change?
  • 04-04-2012
    sooner518
    im not tall enough for a XXL, but man, SC is good to its customers. (and potential customers). what other bike company would do this, this quickly after releasing the bike?
  • 04-04-2012
    007
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    im not tall enough for a XXL, but man, SC is good to its customers. (and potential customers). what other bike company would do this, this quickly after releasing the bike?

    Absolute truth there. Kudos to SC . . . I bought an SC because the bike worked for me. I'll keep buying SC because of their customer service.

    Now, if only I could get Subaru to respond to my interweb'z demands :skep:
  • 04-04-2012
    Phatass
    Nicely done SC, nicely done. I'd like to think my completely rational and lucid rants on this forum helped change their minds :) But I'm guessing there were a few guys (and possibly girls?) who stopped by headquarters in person wielding torches.
  • 04-05-2012
    Jab70
    Money being put back now...
    cant wait!!!
  • 04-05-2012
    hjulier
    Fantastic. This is why I love santa cruz! I am 6 foot 5 with a 35" inseam and am somewhere between the xl and xxl. great to have choices.
  • 04-05-2012
    nuckingfuts2
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hjulier View Post
    Fantastic. This is why I love santa cruz! I am 6 foot 5 with a 35" inseam and am somewhere between the xl and xxl. great to have choices.

    This is so awesome! I have an xxl tallboy right now and it fits perfect. I have wanted a long travel version of this bike, so I am already saving my cash for the XXL's to come out in the fall. Nice work SC!!!
  • 04-05-2012
    bog
    Saving my cash for an XXL TB LTc. Thanks SC, I was bummed when you originally announced that there wouldn't be an XXL. I'll be adding this to my stable that already includes an XXL TBc.
  • 04-29-2012
    lifeis11
    I'm like 95% in on a XXL as well. Love my tallboyc xxl and even though I'm not exactly sure where its going to fit in my quiver, think i might just buy it and worry about that later ;)
  • 04-29-2012
    lifeis11
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ScottAtSCB View Post
    Due to the overwhelming demand, and some thinly veiled physical threats from big guys everywhere, we are now committing to making the Tallboy LTc in a XXL size.
    It will take a little while to get through the engineering/design, tooling and testing phases, so we are probably looking at a September release, but it will be done.
    Sizing will be similar to the XXL Tallboy C model.

    Scott Turner
    Santa Cruz Bicycles

    also - if i may - will the same colors be offered, id assume?
  • 04-29-2012
    eleven-yo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lifeis11 View Post
    also - if i may - will the same colors be offered, id assume?

    hahahahaha
  • 05-02-2012
    Uopi
    Size small
    Lucky you, there is no small size, so I'll need to stick to the Blur LTc :sad:
  • 05-02-2012
    lifeis11
    yeah, 100% in now. sold my old trail rig. im ready to buy.
  • 05-05-2012
    jambo13
    Great news, I'm 6ft 6 myself and have recently just got an XXL Tallboy.

    The bike fits really well and rides event better!!

    I really appreciate SC making the effort to produce the XXL size for guys like me, might have to start saving the pennies again!!

    Good job SC :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • 08-15-2012
    lifeis11
    any updates on this? i see the geo specs are posted but i dont see the frame as avail for sale as of yet...
  • 10-07-2012
    Phatass
    So just got word early November . . . . Keeps getting pushed back. Sigh. Patience sucks.
  • 10-08-2012
    Jab70
    waiting with you
  • 10-13-2012
    diskus
    I had a shop check with his rep, then tell me Dec 15 for the LTc xxl
  • 10-13-2012
    Phatass
    I get the sinking feeling that they really have no clue.
  • 12-19-2012
    DZANINOVICH1
    Any news?
  • 12-19-2012
    diskus
    I was told shipment arrived at sc yesterday shipping any day to lbs
  • 12-19-2012
    Phatass
    Mine is getting to my lbs by the end of the week . . . Black one
  • 12-19-2012
    DZANINOVICH1
    Man, this is tough, do I go for a Tallboy ltc xxl, or keep waiting on the rip 9 rdo in XL??
  • 12-20-2012
    Big AC
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    Mine is getting to my lbs by the end of the week . . . Black one

    Phatass, can you put up some pics when it comes in? I'm waiting until mid January down here in oz and really want to see what the xxl looks like.

    Also went the matt carbon, with the SPX 2x10. The LBS swapped out the 26/38 chainrings for the new 24/38 XT ones for nothing.:thumbsup:

    Thanks in advance.
  • 12-20-2012
    ColinL
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hjulier View Post
    Fantastic. This is why I love santa cruz! I am 6 foot 5 with a 35" inseam and am somewhere between the xl and xxl. great to have choices.

    no, you are fully in the range for XXL. I am 6'0" with monkey arms and I ride a XL Blur. And it has a shorter top tube than my dad's size L BMC SpeedFox.
  • 12-20-2012
    diskus
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ColinL View Post
    no, you are fully in the range for XXL. I am 6'0" with monkey arms and I ride a XL Blur. And it has a shorter top tube than my dad's size L BMC SpeedFox.

    6-4 long arms and legs for my height. Im looking forward for the first time in my life having a bike that fits properly. Im no longer listening to all the experts telling me I dont need a xxl LOL
  • 01-08-2013
    DZANINOVICH1
    Did anyone get one yet?
  • 01-08-2013
    NoahColorado
    Yes, my co-worker did.
  • 01-17-2013
    diskus
    Mine is just being built up, but I can tell you the xxl frame in matte/orange with kashima shock weights 5.62 lbs (rear axle removed)
  • 01-17-2013
    eurospek
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by diskus View Post
    Mine is just being built up, but I can tell you the xxl frame in matte/orange with kashima shock weights 5.62 lbs (rear axle removed)

    Post some pics already. :D

    Weight is def. impressive for a XXL rig.
  • 01-17-2013
    jambo13
    +1 eurospek. Need pictures as I won't be able to afford one myself for ages, after having already splashed out for a Tallboy C
  • 01-17-2013
    Phatass
    Picking mine up on Saturday . . . hopefully!
  • 01-27-2013
    Phatass
    1 Attachment(s)
    And here she is . . . .
  • 01-27-2013
    mtnbikej
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    And here she is . . . .





    :confused: :nono: :rolleyes:


    Pic no worky
  • 01-27-2013
    Phatass
    It is showing up for me on my desktop . . . are you using an ipad? I can't get them to load sometimes.
  • 01-27-2013
    Phatass
    1 Attachment(s)
    Does this one work?
  • 01-27-2013
    eurospek
    Both pics work and it looks awesome!!! Very jealous, as the sizing is very similar to my 20" Long Honzo, but my terrain suffices with a hardtail.
  • 02-22-2013
    diskus
    Just got mine put together, fits perfect, and flies like the wind. Some temp parts and its at 26 lbs headed for 25 pics coming
  • 11-23-2014
    hjulier
    It looks like the XXL LT is now available in Aluminum. Same goes for the regular Tallboy. That's nice!
  • 12-03-2014
    circa7
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hjulier View Post
    It looks like the XXL LT is now available in Aluminum. Same goes for the regular Tallboy. That's nice!

    I wish SC made them with the matte paint... Not a fan at all of the glossy.
  • 01-31-2015
    pavlov0032
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hjulier View Post
    It looks like the XXL LT is now available in Aluminum. Same goes for the regular Tallboy. That's nice!

    Where did you see xxl in Alum??
  • 02-01-2015
    Big AC
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pavlov0032 View Post
    Where did you see xxl in Alum??

    There is no XXL TBLT, just the TBLTc. A friend emailed SC about the XXL TBLT and SC responded that they wonít be making it because they canít make the frame stiff and light enough in Aluminium.
  • 02-03-2015
    asollie
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Big AC View Post
    There is no XXL TBLT, just the TBLTc. A friend emailed SC about the XXL TBLT and SC responded that they wonít be making it because they canít make the frame stiff and light enough in Aluminium.

    Its listed that way on their site though. They should fix it.
  • 02-03-2015
    hjulier
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pavlov0032 View Post
    Where did you see xxl in Alum??

    When the SC site was redone the "XXL in carbon only" disclaimer dissapeared from parts of the website.

    Sorry for the confusion. I guess it's a good thing - not only will we be the tallest most handsome men on the trail but our Tallboys will always be carbon.

    I have a hunch that something TBLTC related will be happening April 1. Holding my breath till then!
  • 02-04-2015
    pavlov0032
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hjulier View Post
    When the SC site was redone the "XXL in carbon only" disclaimer dissapeared from parts of the website.

    Sorry for the confusion. I guess it's a good thing - not only will we be the tallest most handsome men on the trail but our Tallboys will always be carbon.

    I have a hunch that something TBLTC related will be happening April 1. Holding my breath till then!

    No changes planned for the Tallboy in the immediate future.
    The Ď2016í model year changeover typically happens around June when the new kit/component options start to be released by the respective manufacturers, so that would be the next change.
  • 02-06-2015
    M320
    Just ordered xxl Tallboy LTc w/150mm pike. I'm 6'4 and I tried a XL at a demo last year and the cockpit felt a little small, so im praying that the XXL will not be to big. I'm comparing the Geo numbers with the XL Niner Rip9 I rode last year and they look really close. Oh well guess we will see in a few weeks.
  • 03-12-2015
    two more wheels
    First Post on MTBR!!!

    I'm in the market for a Tallboy as I type. I'm 6'4 with a 33 inseam and am really thinking the XXL is the right choice for me. My question for the group is: Does Santa Cruz really offer the Tallboy NON LT in XXL in Aluminum?
  • 03-12-2015
    asollie
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by two more wheels View Post
    First Post on MTBR!!!

    I'm in the market for a Tallboy as I type. I'm 6'4 with a 33 inseam and am really thinking the XXL is the right choice for me. My question for the group is: Does Santa Cruz really offer the Tallboy NON LT in XXL in Aluminum?

    I don't know the answer to that question, but have you seen this: 2014 xxl santa cruz tallboy ltc Enve xtr pike ccdba Chris king For Sale
  • 03-31-2015
    thunderbuck
    For anyone that is 6'4" with an XXL, please let me know how you're finding that size.
    I've just ordered my XXL and am worried it'll be too big.