mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Tallboy ltc w/ db inline set up

Just bolted mine up and set my sag. Have spent countless hours combing thru the Lounge and find it tough to get consolidated inline-specific tune data for the ltc..... So lets share some here. Post up your experiences and experimentations!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ok i'll go first. Since i am getting over the flu and cant ride the only meaningful measure i have adjusted is sag. I currently weigh around 172 on the bathroom scale in the am, and 190 psi put me at 13mm or 26% sag once i threw on my shoes helmet and a camelbak full of water and tools.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    HSC: 1
    HSR: 1.5
    LSC: 6
    LSR: 8

Give that a shot and see what you think. That's my tune on a CCDBA-CS with a regular air can.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Awesome. Due to the weather it may be another week before i can get out for a spin. Will check out the changes you made from factory neutral and adjust accordingly. Cc said the inline should take about 1 more turn of hsc over the bdcs so i will likely start with 2 turns there. Thanks and keep em coming!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    No one has additional advice?!? I know there are plenty of ltc's equipped with inlines!! Checking the shock specs for The ltc from SC it lists a range from 12-15mm. I aired mine down a touch to 185 (my riding weight w gear). Running around 13mm sag now. Hit a few retaining wall drops (3 feet to flat) and bottomed a bit, but nothing harsh. May add another quarter turn to hsc (its currently at 2.5). Very active pedaling, may also need a touch more lsc when the trails finally dry to control bob as our local tracks are very pedal-ly.

mtbr member
    I've only had 2 rides on mine since I installed it. Nothing definitive to add here -- But I'm checking back for others set ups... Will post when I fell I've got it set up.
    --Reamer

SC Tallboy LTc
    Ventana ECDM 26
    ventana el Ciclon
    Litespeed Classic
    Seven Ti Axion Tandem
    1989 Stumpjumper

mtbr member
    Gravitythief76: Hope you are getting over your flu. I'm in the market for a TBLTc this spring and was interested in changing out the stock shock. The CC db inline looks like the option everyone one suggests. May I ask why you went with that one instead of either the DBair or DBair CS? Also, did you consider other shocks? Which shock originally came with you bike?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Getting better, thank you. The cs is significantly more expensive and requires volume spacers to work well with the L TC design. It is also heavier. We generally don't have the type of down hills in the areas I usually ride to make the extra oil volume worth the cost. My bike originally came with the float ctd k and truth be told I found it to be an excellent shock without any real bad habits. It was much better than pushed RP23 I had on my Blur lt. Re: the inline I liked the idea of being able to tune shock on the fly myself. I was more curious than anything else to see how good I can get the balance between that and the pike I have upfront. Sorry for the choppy message responding on my phone.

mtbr member
    Thanks.

That answers my questions. I have to look at the cost/benefit of going with a Cane Creek. I'm waiting for a price on all CC three models. I have a source that I expect will price out the Inline around $350 delivered. Assuming I don't order my LTc with the float CTDK, I would save $200 so for me, the difference is about $150 between the K and Inline. I would not get the bike with the lowest end shock unless I was going to upgrade immediately.

I, too, am an eastern rider (NW Jersey) and while my trails are very rocky and rooty, long downhills and climbs are not part of my equation. You gave me the rational for the DBair and it doesn't seem I need it either.

I've really had no issues with my RP23 on a Giant Trance so maybe, for me, the CTDK is all I need. It's something I have to think about. I am not one to fool with a tune over and over again.

Again, I appreciate the input.