mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Tallboy LTC sizing

Can anyone help with the sizing of the Tallboy LTC . I am have a demo large frame ( the only demo our LBS has ) . I would normally look at a medium or 18 inch frame on most bikes . My current bike is an Ibis Mojo SL medium . The LBS say most people seem to go for a frame size up than they normally use with the Tallboy LTC. I'm 5ft8ins tall
    What are others experience ?::confused

mtbr member
    I'd say your a medium. I'm 5 11 and went with a large. Medium should fit you well

mtbr member
    Medium. The Mojo feels small as it is so I definitely say a medium.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Defiantly a Med. I am 5'9" and I am running a 60mm stem and am considering going to a 50mm stem. The Medium seems bigger than a normal medium frame would. I even had a medium Carbon Nomad and this top tube length still feel more roomier than the Nomad did. Go with the Medium

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Another vote for med. I'm 5'10" and am considering going from a 70mm stem to a 50mm stem.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

LTc sizing

Yep, your a medium. I am 5' 11" and the large fits me perfect. At first the cockpit seams short but the bike works better IMO that way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Is this the same with the aluminum version. I am in the same boat as the OP except I don't have a chance to demo either size, I usually ride med as I am 5" 9 1/2' barefoot. Med or large?
    don't sweat the petty things, and pet the sweaty things

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm the same size, so went to a demo weekend last weekend at a trail centre here in the UK, the SC guys had a med and LG Tallboy LTc in the test fleet, so I could ride them back to back. Instantly felt better on the med, could really throw it around, climbs amazing and descending, strewth, it just soaks up everything. Very impressed, just need to find the 2500 for the frame. Thats about $4000!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reign_man View Post
    I'm the same size, so went to a demo weekend last weekend at a trail centre here in the UK, the SC guys had a med and LG Tallboy LTc in the test fleet, so I could ride them back to back. Instantly felt better on the med, could really throw it around, climbs amazing and descending, strewth, it just soaks up everything. Very impressed, just need to find the 2500 for the frame. Thats about $4000!!!!!!
    Go with a medium, if you better fit on 18 inch frames, medium for sure...

UK is so expensive for bikes. look at ebay.. im in South Africa, just got mine for $2500.