mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Tallboy LTc with the new Fox 36

Any one try the new Fox 36 on a Tallboy LTc? I'm curious how it rides compared to the Pike. I was all set to buy an LTc with a Pike but now I'm getting more and more interested in the 36 with each review I read. Performance aside, I'm also curious how the 36 effects the geometry of the LTc compared with the Pike both static and when it's moving? I've had a 36 in the past and really like the adjustability of the RC2 system. Sounds like Fox have finally upped their game, but how does it ride on an LTc?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    Any one try the new Fox 36 on a Tallboy LTc? I'm curious how it rides compared to the Pike. I was all set to buy an LTc with a Pike but now I'm getting more and more interested in the 36 with each review I read. Performance aside, I'm also curious how the 36 effects the geometry of the LTc compared with the Pike both static and when it's moving? I've had a 36 in the past and really like the adjustability of the RC2 system. Sounds like Fox have finally upped their game, but how does it ride on an LTc?
    Me.
    It's good.
    Get it; you'll love it!
    ~5mm taller A2C, stiffer (I'm using the 20mm axle).
    My offset on the Pike is 46, on the 36 is 51. The slightly shorter A2C and more offset makes the 36 come around easier. The Pike was a touch less twitchy at speed, but that's to be expected. Small bump sensitivity on the 36 is MUCH better.

Just a heads up on the front brake adapter...
    If you're planning on using 203mm Shitmano rotor and Shitmano brakes, you'll need to order the Hope 160 to 183mm post to post adapter.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Me.
    It's good.
    Get it; you'll love it!
    ~5mm taller A2C, stiffer (I'm using the 20mm axle).
    My offset on the Pike is 46, on the 36 is 51. The slightly shorter A2C and more offset makes the 36 come around easier. The Pike was a touch less twitchy at speed, but that's to be expected. Small bump sensitivity on the 36 is MUCH better.

Just a heads up on the front brake adapter...
    If you're planning on using 203mm Shitmano rotor and Shitmano brakes, you'll need to order the Hope 160 to 183mm post to post adapter.
    Or just get the adapter from Fox with your fork.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member

Re: Tallboy LTc with the new Fox 36

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Or just get the adapter from Fox with your fork.
    What are you referring to, the 20mm to 15mm axle adapter? They come with the fork. Mine did. I wanted the larger axle.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    What are you referring to, the 20mm to 15mm axle adapter? They come with the fork. Mine did. I wanted the larger axle.
    No the brake adapter for the 203 rotor. Got mine through Fox. Gave **** too,told them for the cost of the fork, it should come with. A big hit stanchion fork with long travel, they should assume plenty of people are going to run a 203 rotor
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    No the brake adapter for the 203 rotor. Got mine through Fox. Gave **** too,told them for the cost of the fork, it should come with. A big hit stanchion fork with long travel, they should assume plenty of people are going to run a 203 rotor
    Ah. HAHA! Nicely done!
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for the replies. The reviews I've read about the 36 sound really good. I really like the idea of the higher degree of adjustability the 36 offers and it sounds like it will rival the Pike in smoothness as well. Sign me up. I've been wanting to build a bike on Competitive Cyclist but they aren't offering the 36 as a build option yet. Fortunately I'm not in much of a rush so I'll just wait.

mtbr member
    I have it on mine and absolutely love it. I got the talas version, and find it very useful. It's a fantastic fork, but will make you want to get a new rear shock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckb77 View Post
    It's a fantastic fork, but will make you want to get a new rear shock
    Got a coil on mine...custom tuned X-Fusion Vector HLR. LOVE IT! It's funny, the thing weighs quite a bit more than my Monarch+, but it makes the bike ride "lighter!"

If I was shopping for a new coil, I'd look at the new DVO Jade, or if you can find it, a properly sized CCDB coil. And if you REALLY don't care about weight, there's an Avy Woodie on PB right now...
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    What would be a good air shock to compliment the Fox 36? Knowing that it won't equal a coil in feel of course.