mtbr member

Tallboy LTc DBair CS - anyone riding one

I'm a few weeks into my new LTc and absolutely love it , expect for the rear shock (Float CTD Boost). I ride fairly hard and cannot find a happy balance between decent damping on the trail and not bottoming out on bigger impacts. I generally like an active shock, but I am already 10 psi over recommended pressure and usually have it in trail 2 setting but still bottom out on smallish 3-4 drops. The descend setting is pretty much unusable.

So, has anyone got anytime with a DBair CS on a LTc? I have a coil DB on my Uzzi and it transformed the bike. If the DBair would do the same for the LT then it would be $700 well spent.

Oh here's the new toy: ;-)
    Tallboy LTc DBair CS - anyone riding one-tallboy-ltc.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gweb View Post
    I'm a few weeks into my new LTc and absolutely love it , expect for the rear shock (Float CTD Boost). I ride fairly hard and cannot find a happy balance between decent damping on the trail and not bottoming out on bigger impacts. I generally like an active shock, but I am already 10 psi over recommended pressure and usually have it in trail 2 setting but still bottom out on smallish 3-4 drops. The descend setting is pretty much unusable.

So, has anyone got anytime with a DBair CS on a LTc? I have a coil DB on my Uzzi and it transformed the bike. If the DBair would do the same for the LT then it would be $700 well spent.

Oh here's the new toy: ;-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tallboy LTc.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	837756
    First question, are you using pressure or sag to set up the bike?
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    First question, are you using pressure or sag to set up the bike?
    Thanks for the reply. I use sag to set up the shock, usually aiming for ~28%

I have also tried the fox iphone app.

I like the ride characteristics of the Descent setting, but it just seems to blow through the travel too much on bigger hits.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by gweb View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I use sag to set up the shock, usually aiming for ~28%

I have also tried the fox iphone app.

I like the ride characteristics of the Descent setting, but it just seems to blow through the travel too much on bigger hits.
    Send it to Push for a tune. I agree with you on the characteristics of the stock Float shock on the TBLT. Push completely changed the feel of the shock on my LT.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel View Post
    Send it to Push for a tune. I agree with you on the characteristics of the stock Float shock on the TBLT. Push completely changed the feel of the shock on my LT.
    Same here. I was forced to either use overly high pressures or blow through the travel until I got the shock pushed tuned. I now run it at riding weight (225 psi) with excellent results.

That said, I'm still thinking about getting a CCDBA-CS just because I always want something new, and based on the reviews, it's probably better than the CTD, even tuned by Jesus himself, for aggressive riding.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    Same here. I was forced to either use overly high pressures or blow through the travel until I got the shock pushed tuned. I now run it at riding weight (225 psi) with excellent results.

That said, I'm still thinking about getting a CCDBA-CS just because I always want something new, and based on the reviews, it's probably better than the CTD, even tuned by Jesus himself, for aggressive riding.
    E-reviews don't lie. Although that Jesus shock you refer to sounds awfully tempting.
    Life....the original terminal illness

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I've been running a CCDB-A (non-CS) on my LTc for a few months. The improvement in mid-stroke support and dealing with successive hits when ridden aggressively makes it well worth the investment. Even without the CS, I've been able to land on tune that climbs and descends better than the Fox (and I had the superior '12 RP23). I do tend to ride with the CC tool in my pocket and make small adjustments depending on what I'm riding. FWIW, I'm running a 150 Pike up front which the CCDB-A matches well to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Err View Post
    I've been running a CCDB-A (non-CS) on my LTc for a few months. The improvement in mid-stroke support and dealing with successive hits when ridden aggressively makes it well worth the investment. Even without the CS, I've been able to land on tune that climbs and descends better than the Fox (and I had the superior '12 RP23). I do tend to ride with the CC tool in my pocket and make small adjustments depending on what I'm riding. FWIW, I'm running a 150 Pike up front which the CCDB-A matches well to.
    Thanks for the info. I'm running a Pike 150 as well, so good to hear it matches well with the CCDB-A.