mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Tallboy LTc color preference

Do you prefer the yellow LTc with all black components on matte black with the orange stickers and black components. Which one scratches easier and are scratches more noticeable on the yellow or matte black frame.

mtbr member
    Personally I prefer the looks of the yellow frame, but if I was buying I'd be getting the bare carbon with orange accents. It will definitely show less battle scars, no paint to scratch or chip, plus it's a little lighter.

Although I'd spice things up and get orange components wherever possible to get a good looking build going.

father, mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Personally I prefer the looks of the yellow frame, but if I was buying I'd be getting the bare carbon with orange accents. It will definitely show less battle scars, no paint to scratch or chip, plus it's a little lighter.

Although I'd spice things up and get orange components wherever possible to get a good looking build going.
    I have the matte black, it is not bare carbon, it is painted black, only difference being it does not have a clear coat like the yellow, hence a bit lighter. The paint chips very easily on both frames, however since the carbon underneath is black, you don't notice as much.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    ^ Thanks for clearing that up, figured it was bare carbon.

father, mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    ^ Thanks for clearing that up, figured it was bare carbon.
    No problem. SC makes it confusing by calling the paint color "matte carbon". I touch it up with Testors flat black enamel (Testors Testors Enamel Paints Bottle Paints Flat Black), which is just slightly darker than the SC matte carbon.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan