mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Tallboy LT vs. Heckler vs SB95

Looking for some advice here. I am looking for a new ride and have narrowed down my search to three bikes. I was wondering what people's opinion would be.

I am a big guy and ride mostly all mountain with longer climbs and technical downhills. I am leaning towards the Tallboy LT as of right now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'd certainly go with the Tallboy LT over the Heckler for the type of riding you describe. As for the TBLT vs the SB-95, that's a matter of fit and personal preference. I'm sure you'll get Santa Cruz fanboy answers in this forum, and people telling you to buy the Yeti if you post over there. If you get a well-spec'd Tallboy LT, you'll absolutely love it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The Heckler is an odd choice out of the 3. The Bronson would be more of a fair comparison since its not a single pivot design. Both the Tallboy and Bronson use VPP suspension design which is superior to the Heckler and the Superlight single pivot design.
    I have ridden most of the new long travel 29ers. The Tallboy LTC and SB95C are my favorites because the do everything pretty well. They both climb way better than I expected. I would hold off on buying the aluminum version especially the SB95. Buy used if you have to.