Page 1 of 118 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 2929
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneSlowBusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    74

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

    Last Wednesday I placed an order for a Tallboy LT, SPXAM kit with custom paint (satin black/red blockface graphics) and the estimated 3 week wait is KILLING ME. Literally.

    Anyhow what did the rest of you order and how long is your estimated wait until arrival?

    Any planned immediate mods?
    Scooter Riding Girl Scout

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4
    I ordered a Tallboy LTc, size L, black/orange... 2 weeks ago. Delivery time between mid of May and of of june . No kit for the moment. Will probably go with a full XTR group and brakes, Revelation 140mm DA, ZTR wheels, Reverb, Crank Brothers Iodine or Cobalt Carbon handlebar... nearly the same as my Blur TRc bike

  3. #3
    Bikes!
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,636
    Good thread! Hopefully this will be the picture thread once the bikes are coming through?

    I ordered my matt carbon/orange LTc on April 2nd with a delivery estimated to be end of May.

    I haven't decided if I'm going to swap the XTR, bars, stem, reverb etc off my Nickel or go for a complete new build but I'm planning on using Float 140's, Mavic TN718 rims with Hope hubs and possibly a 1x10 setup.
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2014 Intense Tracer 275
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2000 Intense Tracer

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15
    Deposit down on a black/orange with Fox 34. Should be here for the end of May. (Scotland)

    Most kit transferred from my current bike - reverb, flow/pro2, Salsa bars, SLX 36/22, XT 10 speed but I may gt a new XTR Plus mech.

    Can. Not. Wait.

  5. #5
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by fastFR View Post
    I ordered a Tallboy LTc, size L, black/orange... 2 weeks ago. Delivery time between mid of May and of of june . No kit for the moment. Will probably go with a full XTR group and brakes, Revelation 140mm DA, ZTR wheels, Reverb, Crank Brothers Iodine or Cobalt Carbon handlebar... nearly the same as my Blur TRc bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Good thread! Hopefully this will be the picture thread once the bikes are coming through?

    I ordered my matt carbon/orange LTc on April 2nd with a delivery estimated to be end of May.

    I haven't decided if I'm going to swap the XTR, bars, stem, reverb etc off my Nickel or go for a complete new build but I'm planning on using Float 140's, Mavic TN718 rims with Hope hubs and possibly a 1x10 setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtueminehonour View Post
    Deposit down on a black/orange with Fox 34. Should be here for the end of May. (Scotland)

    Most kit transferred from my current bike - reverb, flow/pro2, Salsa bars, SLX 36/22, XT 10 speed but I may gt a new XTR Plus mech.

    Can. Not. Wait.
    I don't understand . . . . all three of you make it sound as if you ordered just the frame, yet I didn't think that was possible yet . . . confused.

    Or are you just getting a kit and selling off parts?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  6. #6
    Bikes!
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I don't understand . . . . all three of you make it sound as if you ordered just the frame, yet I didn't think that was possible yet . . . confused.

    Or are you just getting a kit and selling off parts?
    As far as I was/am aware it's possible, seeing as I've put money down on the first batch of frames to enter the UK, maybe my dealer is being a bit over zealous though?!
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2014 Intense Tracer 275
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2000 Intense Tracer

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markymark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I don't understand . . . . all three of you make it sound as if you ordered just the frame, yet I didn't think that was possible yet . . . confused.

    Or are you just getting a kit and selling off parts?
    People ordered the frame, myself included, when they first announced it. They were saying they would be out early May. It even said so on their website.

    Then, as I'm sure you'll recall, they suddenly said only the full bikes were coming out and due to huge demand frame-only would be coming months later.

    So there are people who have ordered the frame, just waitin... and waitin... and waitin... for it to come out eventually. Myself included

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15
    My lbs has ordered a full bike and done me a deal on the frame, frok, headset and reverb. The rest is going onto another customers 'normal' Tallboy frame with some 120mm forks.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    739

    Bonking ... not feelin' well

    Its been about two weeks for me and I'm waiting on a regular carbon Tallboy. I made the order two day before the "april fools" thing was announced. My bike still is not in yet. Santa Cruz says they are backed up on all the Tallboys, high demand!

    However, even though I ordered the SPX kit I'm considering the LTc now. I'll have to put it up for sale for what I paid for it. I say that because I'm sure the local shop would not be happy with it sitting around his shop. I must admit I haven't discussed it with him though, he just might help me out. I'm kinda unsure what to do? Should I keep this regular blk red Tallboy or get the LTc. What do you all think? Don't you hate sometimes when new stuff comes out. Ahh what to do...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneSlowBusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    74
    Is there a way to keep track of the status of the order? Can you just call or email S/C and have them give you an update on the estimated delivery date? Or do people just bug the LBS. I have never been the early adopter type, its an unusual process, and dosn't work well with my inner 5-year old who demands toys now.

    To Rev.14, if your bike has still not been built or delivered could you not just cancel the tallboy lt order and switch it to a ltc?
    Scooter Riding Girl Scout

  11. #11
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowBusa View Post
    Is there a way to keep track of the status of the order? Can you just call or email S/C and have them give you an update on the estimated delivery date? Or do people just bug the LBS. I have never been the early adopter type, its an unusual process, and dosn't work well with my inner 5-year old who demands toys now.

    To Rev.14, if your bike has still not been built or delivered could you not just cancel the tallboy lt order and switch it to a ltc?


    Order status needs to be made through your dealer.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Its been about two weeks for me and I'm waiting on a regular carbon Tallboy. I made the order two day before the "april fools" thing was announced. My bike still is not in yet. Santa Cruz says they are backed up on all the Tallboys, high demand!

    However, even though I ordered the SPX kit I'm considering the LTc now. I'll have to put it up for sale for what I paid for it. I say that because I'm sure the local shop would not be happy with it sitting around his shop. I must admit I haven't discussed it with him though, he just might help me out. I'm kinda unsure what to do? Should I keep this regular blk red Tallboy or get the LTc. What do you all think? Don't you hate sometimes when new stuff comes out. Ahh what to do...
    I bought my Tallboy carbon w/ SPX kit on 3/29/12, just a few days before the announcement of the LTc. But, I fully knew they were going to release the LTc and didn't want a longer travel bike.

    I say consider what type of trails you ride. Longer travel doesn't always mean better. Additionally, the LTcs are coming in around 3/4 lb heavier with similar SPX build (actually over 1 lb heavier than the regular Tallboy carbon if you go with the 34 float 140 fork on the LTc).

    With all that said, if you really need the longer travel LTc, you should get it. Nothing is worse than spending $4K - $5K+ on something that is not exactly what you are looking for. You should check w/ your dealer and see if they will allow you to exchange. I know mine wouldn't have any issues doing the exchange. They move a TON of Santa Cruz bikes and could quickly sell mine to another buyer if I didn't want it.

  13. #13
    MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Reputation: pachaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    741
    Just ordered the Carbon Orange with the XTRam29 and Fox 34 to go with little sister TB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-tbltc-2-.jpg  

    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: neveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    160
    I ordered an xl carbon with red/orange , (I'm colorblind) frame on 4/1 was told to expect it end of May perhaps early June.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven View Post
    Just ordered the Carbon Orange with the XTRam29 and Fox 34 to go with little sister TB
    Nice 1-Up rack you've got there. Any more pics of the repair stand that was added on?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    99
    Anyone know if a Hammerschmidt ran be run on the Tallboy LT without any mods?
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27
    Ordered my medium Black Tallboy LT yesterday. Was quoted three weeks from Santa Cruz. Plan to put the new Crank Brothers drop post and some custom wheels to start.

  18. #18
    MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Reputation: pachaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by eonicks View Post
    Nice 1-Up rack you've got there. Any more pics of the repair stand that was added on?
    Thanks! So we don't hijack someone else's thread, I will start another one with pictures.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markymark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
    Ordered my medium Black Tallboy LT yesterday. Was quoted three weeks from Santa Cruz. Plan to put the new Crank Brothers drop post and some custom wheels to start.
    was that a full bike, or frame only?

  20. #20
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,251
    Well, I just Demo'd the TB-LT up here at Sea Otter . . . lets just get it out of the way, but I was blown away by this bike. It is simply put, quite fantastic. I currently ride a Blur LT and this was my first ride on a 29er, and I had to remind myself that I was indeed on a 29er. This thing flies and it rails turns. Although the demo run was short (probably less than 5 miles, but at least it was single track) and didn't include any tech or chunk, the route was fast and flowed well, and the TB-LT handled it with ease. It did not at all feel like I was riding a 29er and was VERY comparable to my BLT2 in terms of handling.

    I know what my next bike will be. No doubt about that.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    739
    Did I miss something but has anyone notice the price on all the TB carbons seem to have increased? I purchased a TBc SPX and it seems to be the MSRP went up from what it was when I placed my order. Still considering an LTc too before mine arrives, the question is can I wait until next month for it to come in?
    Last edited by Rev. 14; 04-22-2012 at 01:21 PM.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reamer41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven View Post
    Just ordered the Carbon Orange with the XTRam29 and Fox 34 to go with little sister TB

    I ordered the exact same bike yesterday.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    191
    What do we have here?

    For the record, it ain't mine and no I didn't steal it. It's one of the early prototype test bikes. Had an opportunity to ride it for a few minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-579492_10150663717226856_564461855_9812640_1763670198_n.jpg  


  24. #24
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Did I miss something but has anyone notice the price on all the TB carbons seem to have increased? I purchased a TBc SPX and it seems to be the MSRP went up from what it was when I placed my order. Still considering an LTc too before mine arrives, the question is can I wait until next month for it to come in?
    Yes, actually I did notice that. At the booth, the prices on (some of) the tags were scratched out and written over at Sea Otter, so whatever its due to, it happened really recently.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    99

    Frames!!!

    I almost pulled the trigger on one, but I've decided to wait for the framesets. I want to build up a 2x10 setup with I9's and stans rims, so now it's killing me. how long will I have to wait? Come on SC, I want a frame, badly,
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
    - Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 118 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •