Page 66 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2889
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    [QUOTE=drlaboole;10060076]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fparra View Post

I have XTR shifters and brakes so I was able to run the iSpec integration system.
    I don't know if it works with XT or SLX parts
    Im running the SLX shifters and XT brakes i-spec, works just fine. Whole system is compatible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    As for the plate length, I can get longer (just didn't have any in stock)...but I'd have to figure out how to ship it economically.
    Tubes...or those FedEx triangular boxes.
    When the Jedi gets here, I'll take a measure and determine the proper length.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Anyone with sizing experience, I'm getting the LT ali I'm on the border of M and L, I am 5ft 9.5" inner leg is 32 inches and outer arm length the same at about 32.

Anyone else in a similar situation, I'm thinking of Medium....

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Sizing for LTc

I have a medium LTc. I'm 5'5" with 28" inseam. Great! 50mm stem with 750mm bars.

It all comes down to cockpit preferences at that point. My buddy is along legged 5'10" and he rides a large.

Just my opinion, but this bike comes lively with an aggressive cockpit set up. My stem is right against the headset and a first time I didn't need TALAS fork for the steep climbs around here.

Good luck; it's a fun ride...

Sylvain

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    [QUOTE=crimsonheckler;10060580]
    Quote Originally Posted by drlaboole View Post

Im running the SLX shifters and XT brakes i-spec, works just fine. Whole system is compatible.
    Sounds great!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I am on a medium LTc. I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I run a 50mm stem and 780mm bars. I love how the bike fits. I would steer you towards a medium. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

TBLT sizing

I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and ride a large. At first I thought that the size was a bit short in the cockpit but the more I ride the better it gets. Went to a wide bar which helps. I would think a medium would work for you. I guess it depends on how you like to ride, stretched out or more upright.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIP TIP View Post
    Anyone with sizing experience, I'm getting the LT ali I'm on the border of M and L, I am 5ft 9.5" inner leg is 32 inches and outer arm length the same at about 32.

Anyone else in a similar situation, I'm thinking of Medium....
    SC cockpits are typically a bit tighter.
    I'm 6ft even, 33" inseam. I demo'd a med, bought a lrg. Med was fine if you like to dance in the rocks. Big wheels compensates for stability at speed. The one I demo'd had a 80 or a 90mm stem and a Haven carbon bar.
    On my large, I went w/ a 70mm stem and 750mm bar. It's noticeably more stable at speed. And, with a Reverb, it's only a touch shy to the med on how flickable it feels.
    For your size, I'd go med w/ a stubby stem...say 70 or 50mm, and at least a 720mm bar...no narrower. But that's just me and my $0.02
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Thanks guys big help... yeah I think i will go for the Medium with a 80 or 90 stem. Original plan was for a 710 bar. Maybe consider 740.

Can't wait.......

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just got my cytoe bash guard thingo in the post... all I need now is a TBLT and im ready to roll

...it's on order, I'm waiting for the 2013 LTa with rear thru axle. End of jan/early Feb I should I have her:beer:

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Ordered in April 2012 and get it in May 2013???

I wrote SC's customer support an email, a couple of days ago, but didn't receive an email yet. Asked them if the warranty would be void if I fitted an -1,5 degree Angleset to a Tallboy LTC.

I hope I don't have to wait till 2014 for a response

Anyone got info on this?

Greetings Znarf

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    Ordered in April 2012 and get it in May 2013???

I wrote SC's customer support an email, a couple of days ago, but didn't receive an email yet. Asked them if the warranty would be void if I fitted an -1,5 degree Angleset to a Tallboy LTC.

I hope I don't have to wait till 2014 for a response

Anyone got info on this?

Greetings Znarf
    When I emailed them about something else it took them a week to respond, and the response was only half hearted - like someone was trying to answer a thousand emails in a couple of hours...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpca10 View Post
    Well the masterpiece is now complete! Hopefully the photo uploads.
    Highlights:
    Tallboy LTc
    Cane creek dbAir shock
    Fox float 34 140mm fork
    Ks Lev 150mm dropper post
    XT brakes
    Carbon race face bars with short Easton stem
    Carbon LB wheels I built myself
    Chris king Iso front hub
    Previously running CK iso rear but swapped in my DT swiss so I could add XX1 drivetrain!

I'm going to get depressed because I can't think what else to add. The bike rides spectacular, I highly recommend the dbair and xx1 if you have a spouse that supports your bike habit.
    thats really a sick bike. i ride currently the same bike but with xtr parts. have decided to swap them also for xx1. are you satisfied with xx1? which chainring size are you riding?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Highlights:
    Tallboy LTc
    Cane creek dbAir shock
    Fox float 34 140mm fork
    XT brakes
    Chris king Iso front hub
    Previously running CK iso rear but swapped in my DT swiss so I could add XX1 drivetrain!

I'm going to get depressed because I can't think what else to add. The bike rides spectacular, I highly recommend the dbair and xx1 if you have a spouse that supports your bike habit.
    I am intrigued by the Cane Creek DB air shock on your LTc. Can you provide your impressions of how it handles small bumps, large hits, pedaling, etc.?? Can you compare it to the FOX CTD or RP23?

father, mountain biker
    California Dreamin'

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-2012-12-27-16.13.32.jpg
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    Order placed for a Blue and Orange....and now we wait.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Xx1 cranks

Anyone know if the 156 q xx1 cranks wil work?

Matty-B
    Who's puttin AngleSet's on their TBLT's? Any issues?

Matty-B
    I race enduro all summer, love bike park riding and good epic all mtn rides. I have a carbon nomad now with definitely a more freeride build to it. However I'm looking into a tallboy LTc. XX1 build with Enve wheels and fox 34 140. Looking for input from anyone who has made a similar transition from a bike like the nomad to a TBLTc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyboughton View Post
    Have you ridden a 29er before? The bigger wheel changes the effects of the HTA. Just a suggestion...might want to ride the TBLTC as is for a bit if you've not ridden a 29er before, before dropping all sorts of coin on an AngleSet.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Matty-B
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Have you ridden a 29er before? The bigger wheel changes the effects of the HTA. Just a suggestion...might want to ride the TBLTC as is for a bit if you've not ridden a 29er before, before dropping all sorts of coin on an AngleSet.
    ive owned 3 nomads in the last 6 years. its become the bike i know better than anything else. i never thought a 29er was for me. Ive spent 2 long days on a friends tallboy LTc. having limited time on a 29er, i was totally blown away at what the tallboy LT was capable of. it was so much of an eye opener for me, and my riding, that ive been giving serious consideration into getting one. when i rode the Tallboy LT it really just felt like a big wheeled version of my nomad. i figure with that in mind it would be an easy transition moving fulltime to a tallbou LT. i feel like an angleset may be that little bit extra i would need to help feel as confident on a 29er as a 26er

mtbr member
    ive owned 3 nomads in the last 6 years. its become the bike i know better than anything else. i never thought a 29er was for me. Ive spent 2 long days on a friends tallboy LTc. having limited time on a 29er, i was totally blown away at what the tallboy LT was capable of. it was so much of an eye opener for me, and my riding, that ive been giving serious consideration into getting one. when i rode the Tallboy LT it really just felt like a big wheeled version of my nomad. i figure with that in mind it would be an easy transition moving fulltime to a tallbou LT. i feel like an angleset may be that little bit extra i would need to help feel as confident on a 29er as a 26er
    I came off a MK1 Nomad. Mine was a lrg, w/ a Fox 36 Float first, then a Marz 55 Micro Ti, w/ a Avy-ized 5th on the ass end. If you're familiar w/ Trestle Bike Park...I've hit every jump line on mine and it didn't bat an eyelash.
    About your eye-opener sentiment w/ the TBLTc, all I can say is, "you too huh?!?!" Again, not knowing where you are so I can reference trails, the CO/Front Range trails gets pretty chundery. Recollection of riding them on the Nomad, and my experience on the same w/ the LTc...it's like cheating! Those big wheels open up line choices like crazy! Don't like the low line, take those big wheels up on the trails wall and go around by going over!
    The feeling about slacking out the front end...only if your local trails are crazy fast and not too tight! Most of the stuff I ride is med speeds w/ good amounts of tech/chunder and the occasional sections where you can let it run. I need the LTc to be able to be swung around tight switchbacks which is where I'm coming from w/ holding off on slacking out the HTA. But you seem to know what your flavor is, so slack on!
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    What is. An ANGLE SET?

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIP TIP View Post
    What is. An ANGLE SET?
    In a nutshell, it's a headset that incorporates an eccentric annulus in the top / bottom cups, in order to change the angle that the steerer tube is fixed into the head tube at.

In this context it is being used by *some* TBLTc owners to reduce the "head angle" to make the bike ride more relaxed like AM / DH. (Not with mine though).
    Last edited by BigwheelsRbest; 01-20-2013 at 12:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Highlights:
    Tallboy LTc
    Cane creek dbAir shock
    Fox float 34 140mm fork
    XT brakes
    Chris king Iso front hub

Amazing bike and uploads.
    Question: how many links did you get off the XX1 chain ?

Thanks!
    Licensed to confuse...

Page 66 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast