Page 64 of 100 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,200 of 4972
  1. #3151
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,274
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyl26 View Post
    Really? The Vigilante are made for dry hard pack rocky terrain. The grip from them are amazing. But they wear very fast.
    I found the tall knobs to be squirmy. YMMV
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

    ― Albert Einstein

  2. #3152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy22 View Post
    I have a race king on the way for my rear to try out.
    New Nobby Nic looks mint too.

  3. #3153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    774
    Anyone know how well the 2015 Haveb Carbon 35 black/green bar would match the LTc black/green (yellow) lol
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

  4. #3154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy22 View Post
    Anyone know how well the 2015 Haveb Carbon 35 black/green bar would match the LTc black/green (yellow) lol
    It looks pretty close, and it doesn't have to be exact to look good. Go for it!

    I put green Lizard Skin clamps on my grips, and they definitely do not match the Tennis Ball yellow, but I still think they look ok. Those Haven bars are a lot closer but still probably a little greener than the bike graphics.

    I don't think my picture is quite true to the actual color. If you look at the yellow and the green on my stem, in real life the graphics look in between, but in the photo they almost look pure yellow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-easton_haven35_carbon_multi.jpg  

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-20140530_092202.jpg  


  5. #3155
    Competent User
    Reputation: Mr.Quint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    612
    You should add these on there:

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-easton-lock-grips.jpg

  6. #3156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    774
    I had the easton grips on my blue yelli screamy and it was an awesome color combo
    I'd go with the all black 35 bars but I can't find anywhere buy universal that is selling the new bars and they one have the black and green in stock
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

  7. #3157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy22 View Post
    I had the easton grips on my blue yelli screamy and it was an awesome color combo
    I'd go with the all black 35 bars but I can't find anywhere buy universal that is selling the new bars and they one have the black and green in stock
    Hey Jonsey, just fyi, that 35 stuff is unbelievably stiff. I have the Havoc 35 Carbon w/ the DM on my dual crown DH bike. It's different w/ an 8" fork. I can see it being overkill on a 5" trail bike, no matter how good the Pike is. I run the 750 Havoc DH normal OS bar on my TB LTc w/ a 70mm Haven stem and Oury lock-on grips. This combo isn't bad at all...nice bit of flex at the ends to take out the small/high freq noise.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  8. #3158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    774
    So you think it's overkill? I have the haven carbon 711 now but want a bit wider. 740-750
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

  9. #3159
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy22 View Post
    So you think it's overkill? I have the haven carbon 711 now but want a bit wider. 740-750
    Standard Havoc DH is 750...

    Edit: carbon... Shop around, I got mine for $110 from Merlin Cycles in the UK...had to wait 2wks.
    Easton Havoc Carbon Handlebar | Competitive Cyclist
    Last edited by Pau11y; 06-09-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  10. #3160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Standard Havoc DH is 750...
    Can't go wrong with ENVE riser or sweep bar either. 740mm.

  11. #3161
    Competent User
    Reputation: Mr.Quint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    612

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

    I have enve DH bars cut down to 760. They an indulgence and sexy as all hell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #3162
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    I have enve DH bars cut down to 760. They an indulgence and sexy as all hell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Yeah, the Enve DH bars feel great. The sweep and tip are super. Very close to the feel of the Easton Monkey-lite DH bars.

  13. #3163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gibby831's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    60
    I am very interested in throwing a pair of ENVE bars on my LTC. Anyone know the difference between the Riser and the DH, minus length and weight. Per the website all of the degrees are the same. Just wondering if there is any benifit to the DH over the RSR or RSR over DH. I.e strength, stiffness.

  14. #3164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    774
    So all of you Ltc owners. Do you own a hardtail also?
    I feel I don't need one but I also think it would be nice to build one up for winter and or just to have lol
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

  15. #3165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,740

    Re: Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy22 View Post
    So all of you Ltc owners. Do you own a hardtail also?
    I feel I don't need one but I also think it would be nice to build one up for winter and or just to have lol
    Pike/Monarch+...both have lockout. So, no.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  16. #3166
    Competent User
    Reputation: Mr.Quint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    612

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher0311 View Post
    I am very interested in throwing a pair of ENVE bars on my LTC. Anyone know the difference between the Riser and the DH, minus length and weight. Per the website all of the degrees are the same. Just wondering if there is any benifit to the DH over the RSR or RSR over DH. I.e strength, stiffness.
    I only got the DH because the riser was too short for me. It would stand to reason that the DH would be plenty tough since they're the same ones on pro DH bikes. But they're super light, strong, comfortable, and I think there's a 5 year warranty, so I felt good about it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #3167
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy22 View Post
    So all of you Ltc owners. Do you own a hardtail also?
    I feel I don't need one but I also think it would be nice to build one up for winter and or just to have lol
    Yes, and mine has 4.0 wide tires
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

    ― Albert Einstein

  18. #3168
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gibby831's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    60
    Thanks for your response. What width are you running?

  19. #3169
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gibby831's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    60
    Sorry, pressed the wrong response button. The above question was directed towards Quint.

  20. #3170
    Competent User
    Reputation: Mr.Quint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    612

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

    I ran 780 on my previous bars for a little while, and I cut the enve down to 760, which I'm completely comfortable with. Prior to that I was at 725, which seems way too short now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #3171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy22 View Post
    So all of you Ltc owners. Do you own a hardtail also?
    I feel I don't need one but I also think it would be nice to build one up for winter and or just to have lol
    I've got a single speed Highball that I ride year round where my LTC is a bit overkill.

  22. #3172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    774
    How you like the highball? Alum or Carbon
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

  23. #3173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    I've got the aluminum version. It was easy to convert to a single speed with the pivoting dropouts. I have it set up more more like a trail bike with 120mm fork rather than a XC.

  24. #3174
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    I'm in Steamboat with my baby for the next two days, beeotches!

  25. #3175
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,740

    Re: Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    I'm in Steamboat with my baby for the next two days, beeotches!
    Meh...
    I climbed Warren Gulch like a slug...way burlier!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  26. #3176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    Is anyone having a problem with rear brake squeal? My problem has been terrible, but I just sanded down the rotor and pads and got rid of the noise, but reseated the pads today on some long downhill runs and the noise is back.

    I was reading that sometimes the problem is more of an issue with the resonant frequency of the frame, than a problem with the brake. I read that some people put a lead weight on the seatstay to to stop the resonance, and it actually works.

    I've got a medium carbon with XT brakes. Since my efforts with the pads and rotors haven't worked so far, I'm wondering if I should focus the frame. But if that is the issue, then I would guess others are having the same problem?

  27. #3177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Is anyone having a problem with rear brake squeal? My problem has been terrible, but I just sanded down the rotor and pads and got rid of the noise, but reseated the pads today on some long downhill runs and the noise is back.

    I was reading that sometimes the problem is more of an issue with the resonant frequency of the frame, than a problem with the brake. I read that some people put a lead weight on the seatstay to to stop the resonance, and it actually works.

    I've got a medium carbon with XT brakes. Since my efforts with the pads and rotors haven't worked so far, I'm wondering if I should focus the frame. But if that is the issue, then I would guess others are having the same problem?
    The ONLY times I've had brake squeal on multiple sets of XT brakes (on a TB LTc and on a Bronson) were because of mineral oil contamination of the pads. Is it possible they've been contaminated? Are you running metal or organic pads?

  28. #3178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Is anyone having a problem with rear brake squeal? My problem has been terrible, but I just sanded down the rotor and pads and got rid of the noise, but reseated the pads today on some long downhill runs and the noise is back.

    I was reading that sometimes the problem is more of an issue with the resonant frequency of the frame, than a problem with the brake. I read that some people put a lead weight on the seatstay to to stop the resonance, and it actually works.

    I've got a medium carbon with XT brakes. Since my efforts with the pads and rotors haven't worked so far, I'm wondering if I should focus the frame. But if that is the issue, then I would guess others are having the same problem?
    No issues with XT brakes here, 203mm front and 180mm rear icetech rotors. Recently replaced a set of avid brakes and rotors with full XT on my GF's bike and it quieted hers right up. What rotors do you have?

  29. #3179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,312
    Also check for leaks at your rear caliper. It may not be obvious but a slow leak is enough to spatter some oil on the rotors and screw things up.

  30. #3180
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    The ONLY times I've had brake squeal on multiple sets of XT brakes (on a TB LTc and on a Bronson) were because of mineral oil contamination of the pads. Is it possible they've been contaminated? Are you running metal or organic pads?
    Stock non finned pads. Maybe the pads did get some oil contamination that soaked in so that sanding didn't remove it. I might buy some new organics.

    I should also add that when I bought my bike in April, I was too eager to ride it, and my first ride was a horrible wet and muddy mess. I assumed that that screwed up the original bedding in process, and maybe it did, but I thought the cleaning and sanding would correct that.

  31. #3181
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
    No issues with XT brakes here, 203mm front and 180mm rear icetech rotors. Recently replaced a set of avid brakes and rotors with full XT on my GF's bike and it quieted hers right up. What rotors do you have?
    The Icetechs that came with the bike 160 rear 180 front.

    If others can run XTs on their LTcs with no noise, then that tells me I can't really blame the frame. Thanks for the feedback.

  32. #3182
    Competent User
    Reputation: Mr.Quint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    612
    I had the same problem for a bit, which was maddening, because my previous Specialized with Avid brakes was a lost cause. I sanded and cleaned and used alcohol. I had new pads and even swapped some rotors around. Eventually, because I am a dumba$$, I found that the bolts on the tab mount were loose. Problem solved.

    Might not be your problem, but after all that time with the avids, I just forgot the check the obvious.

  33. #3183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Stock non finned pads. Maybe the pads did get some oil contamination that soaked in so that sanding didn't remove it. I might buy some new organics.

    I should also add that when I bought my bike in April, I was too eager to ride it, and my first ride was a horrible wet and muddy mess. I assumed that that screwed up the original bedding in process, and maybe it did, but I thought the cleaning and sanding would correct that.
    There's a good trick if you have metallic pads: stick them in an open flame (like the burner of a gas range) and cook the hell out of them. When mine had oil, you could actually see the oil burning off and smoke. Eventually they stopped smoking and were as good as new, if not better. Just make sure you cool them slowly. Don't try this with the organic, though.

  34. #3184
    Competent User
    Reputation: Mr.Quint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    612
    Oh, and I have and LTc with SLX brakes, so basically, the same thing. Metal pads.

  35. #3185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    I'll try the fire thing.

    Here's your inspirational photo for the day:

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-20140613_140140-resize.jpg

  36. #3186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    169
    What length stem? I know it's fit and handling. But want to know from those that experimented with different lengths, what did you end up with?
    I'm just under 5'11", on a lg. bars are flat Syncros, just over 29"(740mm) wide. Rode it with 35mm length stem before I bought it. Too short. Had choice of that or 80mm. Stem was flipped -10(I think), bars felt too low. Flipped to +10, which put grips 1/2 " higher than seat, just like my old bike(RIP9, which has 80mm stem 0, riser bars at 28 1/2"). Seems to wonder a little in the tight stuff. Was thinking 60 or 70mm might be better. Wondering what riders my size on lg are running, stem length and bar width. Thanks.

  37. #3187
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    The Icetechs that came with the bike 160 rear 180 front.

    If others can run XTs on their LTcs with no noise, then that tells me I can't really blame the frame. Thanks for the feedback.
    XTs on a lg with no probs.

  38. #3188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    93
    I had XT brakes on mine when I bought the SPX kit. From the first day, the rear squealed. Annoying but every brake set I've ever had did so I didn't care. Except a few weeks on I was reading how great Shimano disc brakes are and how happy everyone was with them. Told the bike shop and they did the usual brake clean which I can do myself, whatever. A year on and they were getting worse, just howling like a demon was chasing me down the trail.

    My local bike shop was taken over by new management and I was getting a dropper installed at the same time. Mentioned to the mechanic the issue I was having with my rear and how I brought it up many times with the old owners. Even though they were now out of warranty, they spoke to Shimano and got them to do a straight swap over since I've been having issues with it when it was still under warranty. I'm pleased to say, 7 weeks on with my new rear and not a squeak to be heard. Oddly enough, my brakes only squeak on the first application on the start of my ride. It's like once they get a bit of heat into them which seems to be on the first go, they're quiet for the rest of the ride. No idea if they're metal or organic pads, but either way, they're working great now and I don't want to touch them ever again :P
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc

  39. #3189
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    113
    Can anyone recommend a dropper post that's reliable? I've just had my second Reverb **** the bed. Both lasted less than 7 months.

  40. #3190
    Your killing my Strava
    Reputation: vinnyl26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    619

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pking View Post
    can anyone recommend a dropper post that's reliable? I've just had my second reverb **** the bed. Both lasted less than 7 months.
    ks lev
    We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

  41. #3191
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,740

    Re: Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pking View Post
    Can anyone recommend a dropper post that's reliable? I've just had my second Reverb **** the bed. Both lasted less than 7 months.
    Really? Going om 2 years w/ mine. I'd like to do a full rebuild on it tho.

    Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  42. #3192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyl26 View Post
    ks lev
    I have been criminally negligent with my lev and it still works well.

  43. #3193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyl26 View Post
    ks lev
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    I have been criminally negligent with my lev and it still works well.
    X3, my Lev has been flawless.

  44. #3194
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    I had XT brakes on mine when I bought the SPX kit. From the first day, the rear squealed. Annoying but every brake set I've ever had did so I didn't care. Except a few weeks on I was reading how great Shimano disc brakes are and how happy everyone was with them. Told the bike shop and they did the usual brake clean which I can do myself, whatever. A year on and they were getting worse, just howling like a demon was chasing me down the trail.

    My local bike shop was taken over by new management and I was getting a dropper installed at the same time. Mentioned to the mechanic the issue I was having with my rear and how I brought it up many times with the old owners. Even though they were now out of warranty, they spoke to Shimano and got them to do a straight swap over since I've been having issues with it when it was still under warranty. I'm pleased to say, 7 weeks on with my new rear and not a squeak to be heard. Oddly enough, my brakes only squeak on the first application on the start of my ride. It's like once they get a bit of heat into them which seems to be on the first go, they're quiet for the rest of the ride. No idea if they're metal or organic pads, but either way, they're working great now and I don't want to touch them ever again :P
    I burned the crap out of my pads this weekend, and sanded the back side to roughen them up a bit. It didn't help much.

    If a new set of brakes fixed the problem, that would mean that something was wrong with your original set. What could inherently be wrong with a brake where the noise couldn't be fixed and they would need to be scrapped?

    Maybe I need to ask for a replacement.

  45. #3195
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by pking View Post
    Can anyone recommend a dropper post that's reliable? I've just had my second Reverb **** the bed. Both lasted less than 7 months.
    My reverb, which is still relatively new, started making me nervous this weekend.
    The speed to come up has been getting slower and slower even though the adjustment on a the remote is all the way to the plus side.

    Then this weekend it wouldn't come up. It seemed like the stroke on the remote was shorter than normal. I checked the pressure (Trailside) and it pegged my shock pump gauge, so its over 300 pounds.

    So I put it back together, and lifted the saddle to extend the post, and it started working again. Still very slow, but working.

    Also, if the post is in a partially compressed position, is it supposed to hold that position if you lift up on the seat? It seems like mine used to, but now will raise if you lift up on it (though I try not to do that).

  46. #3196
    Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,314
    Quote Originally Posted by pking View Post
    Can anyone recommend a dropper post that's reliable? I've just had my second Reverb **** the bed. Both lasted less than 7 months.
    Like many others get a KS Lev. Mine is over a year and a half old and I haven't touched it. It could probably do with a service (it's not a good as when it was new) but it still works....

  47. #3197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by pking View Post
    Can anyone recommend a dropper post that's reliable? I've just had my second Reverb **** the bed. Both lasted less than 7 months.
    I got the Thompson dropper a few weeks back. I waited for the reviews of the Fox and Thompson before I made my decision. The Thompson's design seems the simplest which for me means less things to go wrong. Been very happy with it thus far even after a few very muddy rides.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc

  48. #3198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    169
    Have KS Lev. Sent back 4 times in first year, wouldn't go down, cable wouldn't move, wouldn't go all the way up, ect. Last time I got it back it worked for 2 rides. My bike shop took it apart, took the slack out of the Kevlar string inside and has been trouble free for months now. When I got it back the last time it didn't look like they even took it apart, same old grease under cover. Now they updated some of the internals that I can get for free for mine. When it works, it's great. Lever is good. There is a little play in the head, not noticeable while riding. Customer service not so good. If I get another, it will be a Thompson.

    Now how about my stem length question. Going to buy 60mm, LBS didn't have one to try

  49. #3199
    Competent User
    Reputation: Mr.Quint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    612
    There's no such thing as a reliable dropper yet. The top ones, Reverb, Lev, whatever, all can fail. Some don't. If you get a dropper, expect to have to do some repairs to it at some point, or get it replaced by warranty. Some people get lucky, some don't.

    I think when you get one, as long as you know this, you're mentally prepared, and if it doesn't happen? Yahtzee.

    A wise man told me that before I got my Reverb, and it was immensely helpful in setting my expectations.

  50. #3200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    There's no such thing as a reliable dropper yet. The top ones, Reverb, Lev, whatever, all can fail. Some don't. If you get a dropper, expect to have to do some repairs to it at some point, or get it replaced by warranty. Some people get lucky, some don't.

    I think when you get one, as long as you know this, you're mentally prepared, and if it doesn't happen? Yahtzee.
    There are a lot of Gravity Dropper fans, who say they are really reliable (simpler spring activated type), based on what I have read on this thread:

    What's with dropper posts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •