Page 64 of 140 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3493
    Tossin the salad.
    double post
    Last edited by TX_Shifter; 01-01-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Giant Trance

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    Ouch, at this rate, I don't see the rear triangle lasting long. Mostly paint, but a little carbon damage... for now. Where do I get one of those pivot protectors?
    Attachment 749506
    +1 on the cytoe projector, I started getting those chips too, I got the cytoe protector and it works great.

mtbr member
    Here's mine in size XL
    Came from a regular tallboy that I really liked. So felt home straight away on the LTc!
    It has everything that I missed on the tallboy, (more travel!) and climbs as well!

Now older but less slow!
    ^^ Funny, but that XL looks almost like a regular sized 26er proportion wise. Well to my blurry eyes at least

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNormsk View Post
    ^^ Funny, but that XL looks almost like a regular sized 26er proportion wise. Well to my blurry eyes at least
    And a 26" XL would have looked like a clown bike

mtbr member
    I am looking at tallboy LT as my possible next bike. I currently ride a 29er HT. The rock gardens can be punishing in AZ and I am looking for a more comfortable ride as well as ability to do more advanced trails.

I had some questions if you guys wouldn't mind answering?

How is that head angle working out for the all mountain? Seems a bit steep at 69.5 for all mountain riding. Yeti SB95 has something like 67.

How nimble is the bike in comparison to competition? The chainstays are 16.9 which is not the shortest.

I want to test out the bike but the nearest shop that has one is quite a trip for me... and I doubt they have one stock anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    I am looking at tallboy LT as my possible next bike. I currently ride a 29er HT. The rock gardens can be punishing in AZ and I am looking for a more comfortable ride as well as ability to do more advanced trails.

I had some questions if you guys wouldn't mind answering?

How is that head angle working out for the all mountain? Seems a bit steep at 69.5 for all mountain riding. Yeti SB95 has something like 67.

How nimble is the bike in comparison to competition? The chainstays are 16.9 which is not the shortest.

I want to test out the bike but the nearest shop that has one is quite a trip for me... and I doubt they have one stock anyway.
    I have 6 months on the LT and it could be my favorite bike ever. I am coming off a Heckler and have found the LT to be as capable, if not better all around. I have taken it on all the nearby test pieces(Tahoe) and found it up to snuff. Faster times both up (expected) and down(not as expected) everything. I need to take a road trip down to Az. to get this on National, based on what I have ridden so far, it should be awesome. Fast, stable and a great climber.

I have not ridden the SB95 but I did ride a Sultan, a reg. TB, a 429 and a Giant 29er before purchase, and I am very happy with the direction I took.
    Good luck on your decision.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have a medium LTc. Better in every aspect and terrain as my old Santa Cruz Nomad.

Sylvain

Now older but less slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post

I have no idea what you would consider a good head angle for all mountain riding but what I can tell you is that living in the Rocky Mountains my bike has plowed though rock gardens, big boulders and **** and it just shrugs it off like it's nothing. The bike is phenomenal. So what is the right head angle is not a big issue to me.

As for the maneuverability of the bike yes is not the quickest around tight lines but it gets the job done so again I think that's a trade-off that I'm willing to take for its speed and stability.
    Last edited by TheNormsk; 01-04-2013 at 10:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

TBLt

Metal. I just finished riding the Usery Pass Trail out of the Mesa area, which for me is extremely rocky. There are many sections that feel like riding a stream bed filled with basketball sized rocks. I think the head angle is perfect and very forgiving . I also think the chain stays are reasonably short for a long travel 29. My previous bike was a Tallboy and the LT is a nice balance of quickness vs stability . My time around the Pass Trail was almost 1/2 hour quicker on the TBLT than on my TB.

mtbr member
    Anyone found any yellow touch up paint. I have knackered the ish out if the BB area in a couple places. Nothing on the Santa Cruz website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Man View Post
    I have a medium LTc. Better in every aspect and terrain as my old Santa Cruz Nomad.

Sylvain
    OMFG!
    Licensed to confuse...

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    what kind of terrain do you ride in??
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Man View Post

Sylvain

Scant abuse
    A little vid of my TB LTc near home
    http://youtu.be/8sxBjYqHlhI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    does the rubber sag band on everyones rear shock only go about a .25 inch to the end when fully compressed? I took all the air out of the rear shock and looks like it was designed that way. all other bikes ive had would compress the shock till the rubber band would go all the way to the end of the shocks shaft. wonder why this is?

and here is a video of me tearing up one of my local trails in AZ on my LT!
    After 2 mins it gets a little boring

FINS Kimurels Hurl on Santa Cruz Tall Boy LT - YouTube
    My Girl friend said, " it's not about how LONG your travel is... its's how well you use it!"

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Hero View Post
    Anyone found any yellow touch up paint. I have knackered the ish out if the BB area in a couple places. Nothing on the Santa Cruz website.
    You need a Cytoe skid plate. See here: Rock protection for Santa Cruz and Niner frames - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

TBLTc

I rode a TBc for just over 2 years in very rocky trails. There were alot of pedal strikes and I learned to adjust my pedal style . BTW my riding buddys on a Rocky Mtn. and Specialized 29's complained about as much as I did about this issue. I am now on a TBLTc and the pedal strike issue is almost not there. I run no more than the recc. 15mm sag and use the pro pedal 1 setting on the rear shock. This would prob. be the trail setting on the newer shock. I find the climbing and quick accel. for boosting up rock features better with a bit of pro-pedal on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Here's mine in size XL
    Came from a regular tallboy that I really liked. So felt home straight away on the LTc!

DrLaboole: As fas as I can see you are running the Xt shifters and Xt Brake Levers, both in the integration clamp...

I have the Xt brakes and just the left hand is the XT shifter, the right one is SLX.

Do you know if I can run the integration kit with SLX and XT Lever????

Best Regards!!!!!

Now older but less slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by sikkfreerider View Post
    and here is a video of me tearing up one of my local trails in AZ on my LT!
    After 2 mins it gets a little boring

FINS Kimurels Hurl on Santa Cruz Tall Boy LT - YouTube
    You video is not playable on mobile devices.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Like many others, I have now switched over to the TB LTc from the standard TBc. I loved the TBc but the LT is just one step better in almost all respects. I'm much faster going down, climbs faster on rougher terrain but the biggest difference for me is the way the LT soaks up everything I come across.

As usual, my builds are never as light as everyone else's, even when using the same equipment. My LTc is built up with XT, XTR deraiileurs, Enve AM's, King hubs and Nobby Nics, Fox 140 Talas and comes in at 27.8 lbs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Since the Tallboy LTc was introduced in April 2012, will there be a refresh (color options, etc.) this Spring or summer? I am thinking about purchasing the LTc carbon/orange 2013 and was wondering.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm hoping for some new colors soon. I have a feeling there will be...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Can't seem to find too many TBLTa's in this thread......

Looking for some real world build weights of the alloy version....is a sub 27lb unreasonable for a 1x up front.

Has anyone installed a 120mm Fox 32 on the LT yet....just seeing if I can get by with one up front in the short term?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Don't do it. You'll affect the bike's capability. 140mm Float, stem right against the headset. The bigger stanchions (34 vs 32) is a big bonus to this bike. Al or carbon. Never needed adjustable travel up front.

Sylvain

Page 64 of 140 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast