Page 63 of 141 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3505
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Hero View Post
    I have never been unable to adjust out rub. My rear d is dialed and shifts great. I am close to slightly bending the front d cage. Glad to see I am not the only one. I have more or less adjusted out the rub, but on high it is still rubbing.
    Check the PSI on rear shock. To low or high (proper sag) can cause rub on VPP system.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Just joined the TBLTc family. XXL ordered for an January delivery.

Thanks to Kzrocky and Max_Croft for the info on the LBS, much appreciated guys.

There must be a bit of pent up demand for the XXL as the oz allocation is almost sold out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big AC View Post

There must be a bit of pent up demand for the XXL as the oz allocation is almost sold out.
    How tall are you?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmojo View Post
    Going to swap out the elixer 5's, what is the right brake hose length for front and back for a tallboy LTC medium?
    Reply from SC CS: ....We use 800mm front and 1400mm rear hose lengths on our medium TB LT frames.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    How tall are you?
    197cm / 6'5"(and a half if you want to be exact)

mtbr member
    Enjoy it.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Monarch RT3 2013 tune

Hello there,
    I had great success on my Nomad C with a Monarch Plus RC3 Medium rebound Low compression tune (M/L).
    I have a new Tallboy LTc with the old FOX RP23 BV HV adaptative logic. I'd like to go to the Monarch RT3, the improved 2013 model. But for the tuning shall I go M/M this time (135mm wheel travel on a 50mm travel shock) ? -not sure as I can reduce compression speed with the 3 position lever-
    I'll only be able to by the high volume one, shall I put the rubber band kit to reduce the air volume ? -I gess yes, give it a try-
    Have a good ride !
    Laurent

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have the rubber band kit and would not recommend it. I can only get max 3 bands on and the can is a ***** to get on, have not been able to get 4 on. I would probably use electrical tape to take up volume unless someone else has a better idea.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I have the rubber band kit and would not recommend it. I can only get max 3 bands on and the can is a ***** to get on, have not been able to get 4 on. I would probably use electrical tape to take up volume unless someone else has a better idea.
    Huh?!?! I got 'em all on w/ no drama...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Huh?!?! I got 'em all on w/ no drama...
    I wish it was easy...tried slick butter and shock oil, TIGHT squeeze. Regardless I think the tape would harmless, effective, and free.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Big AC View Post

No worries. Congrats and welcome to the family!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    No worries. Congrats and welcome to the family!
    same same mate.
    Hope it all goes well

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Hi did not want to start a new thread to get answer to this simple question. Want to upgrade post on my Tallboy LT to Thomson setback either elite or masterpiece and was worried that the 29 degree tilt angle is not enough given the LT sweeping seatpost angle. So those that have the post do you find you have enough angle to lower the nose of the saddle. Obviously person preference aside but I am just talking a few degrees lower than flat.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by partusa View Post
    Reply from SC CS: ....We use 800mm front and 1400mm rear hose lengths on our medium TB LT frames.
    awesome, thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

sorry if double post

Hi did not want to start a new thread to get answer to this simple question. Want to upgrade post on my Tallboy LT to Thomson setback either elite or masterpiece and was worried that the 29 degree tilt angle is not enough given the LT sweeping seatpost angle. So those that have the post do you find you have enough angle to lower the nose of the saddle. Obviously person preference aside but I am just talking a few degrees lower than flat.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

tallboy

Name:  2v3khzqxid86.jpeg
Views: 2030
Size:  7.6 KB

Now older but less slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    Strava doesn't lie... Talboy LTc smashing Personal best times on my local segments including 4th overall on one high speed downhill run. The bike is a game changer.
    Well actually Strava can and does lie but that's another thread The LTc is definitely a terrain devourer on the downhills. I jumped my positions from the 75 percentile to the 10 percentile on most segments with a handful of KOMs and top 5 positions as well; and that is in a very competitive cycling area (Boulder).

As for uphills, yeah I'm really not that much quicker but that is probably me. Overall I have probably increased my average speed by about 2-3 mph. What I did find is that climbing may not be that much quicker (I just don't have the aerobic strength) but I can pedal for longer and feel less fatiqued so my overal speed is quicker as I stop less.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

tbltc

I decided to see what all the 29 hype was about. Never having ridden a 29" bike, I ordered the Tallboy ltc. Having raced DH and 4x/slalom on V10/blur trc I thought I would feel right at home on the Tallboy, well, except for the 29er part. The bike built up at only 25 pounds, which pleasantly surprised me. I have three rides on it and am so stoked. Of course I am impressed with the rock eating capability. I can't believe the way it rips corners (so much traction). Manuals, not so impressive. Road gaps, no problem. Super steep hills are a bit sluggish. Climbing traction is a bonus. Overall, I am a believer.

Revelation
    Crossmax st tubeless
    xtr 1x10 blackspire
    Shwalbe hans dampf/nobby nic
    angleset minus 1.5 degree
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0153.jpg  

Last edited by brocelif; 12-16-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: more info

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Does anyone know what the bottom bracket drop measurement is on an XL tallboy lt?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Gonzo
    I am having so much fun on this bike! Also loving the switch to flat pedals. I am trying to figure out my best rain set-up. Any suggestions on possible mud guards? Ran over a landmine on the trail and am reconsidering the mud in my face look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0287.jpg  

father, mountain biker

Ouch

Ouch, at this rate, I don't see the rear triangle lasting long. Mostly paint, but a little carbon damage... for now. Where do I get one of those pivot protectors?
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-ouch.jpeg
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Check cytoe protector on MTBR. I have one on mine. Worth it.

Sylvain

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    +1 on the Cytoe protectors. Had one on my TBa and now on my TB LTc. Took my LTc on her maiden voyage and am glad I waited till I received the protector.

Tossin the salad.
    Hey Guys -

Recently purchased an alu TB with the 100mm fork, after couple of test rides and factoring the riding style I was bottoming out the fork. So I did an exchange and ordered a TB LT. It should be in my hands in about a week.

TB is an awesome bike and love the geo of it!!
    Makes me feel like I was 10 again on my 1st roller coaster ride!! All I can say is its a BLAST to ride!!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Giant Trance

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    Ouch, at this rate, I don't see the rear triangle lasting long. Mostly paint, but a little carbon damage... for now. Where do I get one of those pivot protectors?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ouch.jpeg 
Views:	1125 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	749506
    I had exactly the same damage inflicted on my first hard ride. Could be a design flaw. I bought from Cytoe and am very happy (he even mailed to the UK without issue).
    Last edited by BigwheelsRbest; 01-02-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Page 63 of 141 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast