Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 3,000 of 5001
    mtbr member
    I'm 5ft 10. I use a large TB LTc. I went for a fitment recently and my line up was way out I've had to move my saddle Max forward on a zero post. Secondly I went from the 70mm stem to a 90mm. What a huge difference. Climbing is a lot easier. Now I also feel equal stress in both legs. I don't think I would of fit on a medium. Really happy with the large

Whats the thoughts on the M9020 XTR on its way? Will the new style front detailed work on the TB LTc?
    2 x 11 trail for me. 26/36.
    Supporting the Burry Gap.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm 5'11" and I could only test a large LT and a medium Tallboy. The moment I sat on the medium tallboy I felt cramped, the large LT had a better feel. Only problem was back then the guy who did my bike setup was a hardcore XC rider so my fork was cut maybe half an inch lower than I would've liked. Lots of pressure on my hands on longer rides, but yeah, test them both, for me you will know within a few pedal strokes whether or not the bike is too small or big.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIP TIP View Post
    I'm 5ft 10. I use a large TB LTc. I went for a fitment recently and my line up was way out I've had to move my saddle Max forward on a zero post. Secondly I went from the 70mm stem to a 90mm. What a huge difference. Climbing is a lot easier. Now I also feel equal stress in both legs. I don't think I would of fit on a medium. Really happy with the large

Whats the thoughts on the M9020 XTR on its way? Will the new style front detailed work on the TB LTc?
    2 x 11 trail for me. 26/36.
    What's the logic with moving everything forward like that?

mtbr member
    Its the relationship beween the knee and the pedal when the crank is horizontal. Mine was to short so my saddle went fwd. I did a specialized BG fitment. Well worth it. What a difference.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Broken Axle

Has anyone else seen this issue, I took apart my upper pivot and found this. the upper control link had a broken collet axle. Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imag0520-1-.jpgTallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imag0515-1-.jpgTallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imag0516-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamis63 View Post
    Has anyone else seen this issue, I took apart my upper pivot and found this. the upper control link had a broken collet axle. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0520 (1).jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	889022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0515 (1).jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	889023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0516 (1).jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	889024
    Definitely get in touch with Santa Cruz about that. I sense a new Pro Pack (hopefully gratis) in your future.

Dozer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamis63 View Post
    Has anyone else seen this issue, I took apart my upper pivot and found this. the upper control link had a broken collet axle.
    Just curious -- What caused you to pull apart and discover that? Was it just routine maintenance or was there crazy flex/squeaking?

mtbr member
    I will be taking mine apart...****! To have a look.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahdog31 View Post
    Just curious -- What caused you to pull apart and discover that? Was it just routine maintenance or was there crazy flex/squeaking?
    Well our trails have just dried up so I guess spring maintenance. It must of happened last year. But I don't remember excecive flex or anything. The side with the collet was still locked in place so just a slight amount of wear on the thread side.

mtbr member
    WOW...the other pivot bolt must be stressed after carrying that extra load.

Competent User
    I think my TBLTc is just about finished up for now. I think it looked a hell of a lot better with my white Sun Ringlé Charger Pros, but I'll take performance over looks in this case.

I started with RAM kit in the fall, and the long winter gave me a lot of time to pile up brown boxes with goodies.

I love this bike. But, we have a newborn, and riding time is perilously limited.

Highlights:
    Reverb
    30mm glossy Chinese carbon rims on Hope Pro 2 Evo (40t) hubs
    SLX brakes
    Spank Spikes
    Enve DH handlebar, cut to 760 with Easton grips
    Chromag Trailmaster LTD saddle
    Wolftooth 42t giant cog with 30t Race Face N/W chainring

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    I think my TBLTc is just about finished up for now. I think it looked a hell of a lot better with my white Sun Ringlé Charger Pros, but I'll take performance over looks in this case.

I started with RAM kit in the fall, and the long winter gave me a lot of time to pile up brown boxes with goodies.

I love this bike. But, we have a newborn, and riding time is perilously limited.

Highlights:
    Reverb
    SLX brakes
    Spank Spikes
    Nice build.

mtbr member
    I've just ordered a Easton EC70 wide flat bar..... 720 I think looking forward to trying that out... new wheel's 2. Easton EA90 XC that hub is a nightmare I've send them back on warranty waiting for there return.. So I'm leaning heavily towards mavic crossmax ST. The hope pro 2 hubs have had some good reviews.

mtbr member
    The EC 70 came on my bike. The shop set it up with The sweep pointed more up than back. I thought that was dumb and changed it, but now I'm thinking it might have felt better that way so I might change it back.

mtbr member
    Cool. I will play with that and check.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I've been putting alot of miles on my LTc over the last couple months. I have the 150 pike and CC DBA cs. There is a pic a couple pages back. I took it to Moab a week ago and rode down Kokopelis. awsome trail conditions right now!

What I've noticed on these upgrades is how forgiving the bike is. I have launched off of some unseen ledges, 2'-3', and thought in the air-this is gonna hurt! Then I ride it out. I think it has to do with the seemingly "bottomless" feel of both shocks. they don't bottom out and send me flying. They pretty much take the hit and keep moving!

I posted my settings a couple pages back also, I don't remember them right now.

mtbr member
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-20140428_150232-comp.jpgThis thread needs more pictures!

mtbr member
    I think this green strip down the back of the seat tube might be a bit too obnoxious for me. What would be a good way to cover it up, like with some black or gray or carbon looking tape?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-20140428_150955-50percent.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2005

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

^ look into 3M's wrap tape that's the current fashion in the after market car scene....people cover their cars completely in it....available at goid auto stores and even on eBay...

I used it on my Solo to cover the green....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    I think this green strip down the back of the seat tube might be a bit too obnoxious for me. What would be a good way to cover it up, like with some black or gray or carbon looking tape?
    What size stem are you using and is that a medium frame.

mtbr member

It's a medium frame with 60mm stem flipped down. I'm 5'9 but with a long torso, and still playing with fit. I think I want a little more reach and the bars a little higher, so my next plan is to flip the stem back up, and raise it with some spacers, and rotate the bar so the sweep is partially up. I could also move the seat back a bit, since its at the middle of the rails right now. that will probably give me the bit of extra reach I want, but if not, I have a 75mm stem laying around I could try as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    ^ look into 3M's wrap tape that's the current fashion in the after market car scene....people cover their cars completely in it....available at goid auto stores and even on eBay...

I used it on my Solo to cover the green....
    Do you have a specific product name or number? Did you actually wrap your bike, or just lay down a strip? Got any pictures?

mtbr member
    May 2005

try here

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ping/?MDR=true

I cut strips and applied over the stock decals, cleaned it first with some alcohol and used a hairdryer to get it to comply with curves and set..

mtbr member
    Here's a picture when I picked it up at the shop. You can see the stem was higher and the bars are swept upwards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-20140401_16091850-percent.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Do you have a specific product name or number? Did you actually wrap your bike, or just lay down a strip? Got any pictures?
    Having done both the 3M and Framskins- I'd suggest Frameskins.

Yes more expensive, but it's laser cut and fits perfectly. Saves a ton of time.

Frameskin for SC Tallboy2 - Frameskin
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Having done both the 3M and Framskins- I'd suggest Frameskins.

Yes more expensive, but it's laser cut and fits perfectly. Saves a ton of time.

Frameskin for SC Tallboy2 - Frameskin
    That's pretty cool. You linked to the Tallboy 2 however. Here's the link to the TBLTc

Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc - Frameskin

So the stickers have the graphics printed on them? It looks like they have the sticker set for last years colors, which is pretty cool, since I like the orange better than the green, but the stickers were in different places last year, and I don't think they provide a sticker for the back of the seat tube.

How'd your bike come out?

mtbr member
    After more research, I think the frameskin stuff is transparent, and wouldn't work to cover up a color.

There is this company called Vidiom that is doing some cool replacement graphics stuff. The stickers go right over your old graphics I guess. This blacked out Bronson looks awesome:

Stealth Bronson (a.k.a The Zephyr) - Straightshotmtb's Bike Check - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    May 2005

^ they are in Canada.....theres also a black/pink and black/blue in the Bronson thread...

mtbr member
    Here's a picture when I picked it up at the shop. You can see the stem was higher and the bars are swept upwards.
    Yeh...I see the bar angle. 1st glance bit like a riser. . Im 5.10 with large. Ive had to bang my seat max forward ive gone 90 on the stem. Climbing is now so much easier. If you get a chance a good fitment is worth it. Saves a lot of testing expenses. I also needed a wider saddle. Nice bike pics!

mtbr member
    Duplicate

mtbr member
    Yeh...I see the bar angle. 1st glance bit like a riser. . Im 5.10 with large. Ive had to bang my seat max forward ive gone 90 on the stem. Climbing is now so much easier. If you get a chance a good fitment is worth it. Saves a lot of testing expenses. I also needed a wider saddle. Nice bike pics!
    I put my trusty Specialized saddle on. I think it's called an Avatar and it's the widest version. It weighs 355 vs the 235 for the WTB saddle it came with. A quarter pound gained, but my booty is worth it!

Old, Slow and now FAT! :)

This thread needs more pictures!
    Here you go!

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1398915509.159256.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice one! You could probably sell that shot to Santa Cruz!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ok I may place my Ltc order tomorrow. So now black and yellow or blue. But seems like all of my bikes have been blue lol
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice one! You could probably sell that shot to Santa Cruz!
    not with those bar ends! j/k
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc

Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    not with those bar ends! j/k
    Funny! I thought that myself. However in the 1500 ft of climbing to get to this point I used those bar ends a lot. I walked a lot as well but that is another story.....

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Been on here for a while now but only just got round to registering , anyway here's mine!

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_7234.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    This is in Sabie South Africa

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-sabie-sa-tallboy-vertigo-run.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milwillfly View Post
    Been on here for a while now but only just got round to registering , anyway here's mine!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7234.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	889887
    What kind of wheels are those?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks like e*thirteen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    Looks like e*thirteen
    Oh. Thanks Cytoe.

I just mentioned you in this thread:

Carbon protection here in AZ

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Yeah, they're the E*Thirteen TRS+'s.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alwync View Post
    This is in Sabie South Africa

Name:	Sabie SA tallboy Vertigo run.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	889892
    Is that cross max ST. ? Im about to pull the trigger in a set. How have they been?

mtbr member
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-top-jefferson.jpg
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post

Name:	Top of Jefferson.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	889944
    Not wide enough!

mtbr member

Celebrated our two-year anniversary today!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1398997330.106760.jpg  

--Reamer

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    How do you like the carbon rims?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post

Highlights:
    Reverb
    SLX brakes
    Spank Spikes
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post

Name:	Top of Jefferson.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	889944
    Is this one of those "Find the bike in the picture" games?

I'll play:

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-sam_0244-60p.jpg

mtbr member
    This was today. I switched my stem from 60 to 75, and it seems to be about right. Also rotated my bars so the sweep goes a little upward again. Felt good.
    Did some good climbing today and got plenty of use out of my 26x42 granny.

I also realized that my Reverb post is about a half inch too long even with the lower part of the post completely down into the seat tube.

I wonder if there is a way to put in a spacer to reduce the amount of post exposed at full extension?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-sam_0237-40p.jpg  

mtbr member

Is this one of those "Find the bike in the picture" games?

I'll play:

Name:	SAM_0244 60p.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	890200
    Me too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1399085035.805658.jpg  

--Reamer