Page 57 of 147 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3667
  1. #1401
    mtbr member
    Reputation: panzer07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    74

    2013 Tallboy

    Had to wait a month for bike from Colorado Cyclist but but bike was built about as perfect as one can get and they let me spec it the way I wanted for $5800 shipped, fantastic! Bike weighs a smidge over 26lbs in large size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-mtbrgoodonetwo.jpg  

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-mtbrgoodoone.jpg  


  2. #1402
    Now older but less slow!
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by panzer07 View Post
    Had to wait a month for bike from Colorado Cyclist but but bike was built about as perfect as one can get and they let me spec it the way I wanted for $5800 shipped, fantastic! Bike weighs a smidge over 26lbs in large size.
    You posted in the wrong thread. That's a regular Tallboy; not the LT.

  3. #1403
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,731
    Didn't see any TBLTcs in this vid, but don't you guys think the Plastic Canary would rule in this format of racing?

    MAVIC« TRANS-PROVENCE 2012 ::: HIGHLIGHTS on Vimeo
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ║.║ )╭∩╮

  4. #1404
    Now older but less slow!
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Didn't see any TBLTcs in this vid, but don't you guys think the Plastic Canary would rule in this format of racing?

    MAVIC« TRANS-PROVENCE 2012 ::: HIGHLIGHTS on Vimeo
    I raced in France in the early 90s. I could only dream back then of the hardware I would have today.

    Yes the yellow canary would kill those trails.

  5. #1405
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrassabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    110
    Can any Nomad user explain the main riding differences with the TLTc?
    Is it better than Nomad as a DH bike too?
    Licensed to confuse...

  6. #1406
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,731
    Quote Originally Posted by terrassabike View Post
    Can any Nomad user explain the main riding differences with the TLTc?
    Is it better than Nomad as a DH bike too?
    Demo both and you tell us
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ║.║ )╭∩╮

  7. #1407
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Didn't see any TBLTcs in this vid, but don't you guys think the Plastic Canary would rule in this format of racing?

    MAVIC« TRANS-PROVENCE 2012 ::: HIGHLIGHTS on Vimeo
    I thought the same thing watching all the vids when it was on. According to NoahC there were two in the race, and one rider got second in the amateur class??? My experience on the TBLT is minimal but yeah, it feels like it would absolutely dominate this format. I was hoping Seb on NSMB would ride one in the race and discuss but he took a Blur. Maybe because mostly Euros, not so many 29s??? 29 may not be as fun as some people claim but you can't deny they're fast!

  8. #1408
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I thought the same thing watching all the vids when it was on. According to NoahC there were two in the race, and one rider got second in the amateur class???

    Chris Ball was top 15 overall in most stages, but got lost on one and it cost him the overall Amateur win.


    Cedric Gracia is doing pretty well on his, he won his first Enduro race back from a horrific injury - edging out Fabien Barel for the top spot.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

  9. #1409
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,731
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post

    Chris Ball was top 15 overall in most stages, but got lost on one and it cost him the overall Amateur win.


    Cedric Gracia is doing pretty well on his, he won his first Enduro race back from a horrific injury - edging out Fabien Barel for the top spot.
    Okay, I'll confess, I wear glasses
    Yay canary rockets!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ║.║ )╭∩╮

  10. #1410
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    731

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Intense29 View Post
    That is ridiculously sweet Wick
    Thanks Intense 29. She turned out good.

  11. #1411
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fakemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Yay, just got the xt swapped out for xx1! Now weighing in at 25.7 pounds. Can't wait to try this out. I was hoping to head straight to the trails but unfortuantely rain and storms put an end to that so I'll have to wait a bit. One of the guys from my lbs as just put the group on his trc and was raving about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-dscn2019_web.jpg  

    Last edited by fakemind; 11-17-2012 at 03:23 AM.

  12. #1412
    Mulleticious
    Reputation: BigwheelsRbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,554
    ^^^ Sweet. That is a ridiculously low weight for a full sus long travel 29er!

    I can't believe how far the BB is above the rear triangle main pivot - looks really odd in your photo

  13. #1413
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrassabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Demo both and you tell us
    Great answer! Many thanks.
    Licensed to confuse...

  14. #1414
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Mmmmmm... XX1...

    fakemind: Which chainring size did you go with? Keep us posted on whether you think the gearing is right. Thanks.

  15. #1415
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fakemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by BigwheelsRbest View Post
    ^^^ Sweet. That is a ridiculously low weight for a full sus long travel 29er!

    I can't believe how far the BB is above the rear triangle main pivot - looks really odd in your photo
    Thanks. The weight distribution is really noticeable with the front feeling heaviest from the fork comapred to the rear. I think the phot might look a bit odd as i didn't really have the bike level in the stand when I took that shot but the lower link on these bikes does seem to drop down a fair bit from the bottom bracket.

    Quote Originally Posted by anotherlostcause View Post
    Mmmmmm... XX1...

    fakemind: Which chainring size did you go with? Keep us posted on whether you think the gearing is right. Thanks.
    Just went with the 32. I have some steep climbs so I'm hoping it gives a low enough gear after a few hours in the saddle when the legs are tired.

  16. #1416
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by fakemind View Post
    Yay, just got the xt swapped out for xx1! Now weighing in at 25.7 pounds. Can't wait to try this out. I was hoping to head straight to the trails but unfortuantely rain and storms put an end to that so I'll have to wait a bit. One of the guys from my lbs as just put the group on his trc and was raving about it.
    Wow that's an amazing weight for what the bike is.

    Hell in this thread 2013 S-works Stumpjumper Sram XX1
    The guy is saying a SWorks HT is 19.11
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

  17. #1417
    father, mountain biker
    Reputation: shredjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    193

    Less Trail, More AM

    First big rains have arrived in Marin, meaning off with the stock Maxxis Ardents and on with the Hans Dampfs.
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-tallboy-lt_sm.jpeg
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

  18. #1418
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,731

    Wooo...looky!

    ....for the canary....
    If only the Rocket V SLT came in yellow, I'd be buying

    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ║.║ )╭∩╮

  19. #1419
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    303
    Saw one on ebay but predominantly black with some yellow.

  20. #1420
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,731
    Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    Saw one on ebay but predominantly black with some yellow.
    That works! But nada now :/

    Edit: and also looked on ProMotive...zip also...oh well.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ║.║ )╭∩╮

  21. #1421
    mtbr member
    Reputation: neveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    First big rains have arrived in Marin, meaning off with the stock Maxxis Ardents and on with the Hans Dampfs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tallboy lt_sm.jpeg 
Views:	7558 
Size:	421.0 KB 
ID:	738362
    very nice, local to bay area as well. how are you liking your post? cant tell if that is the fox Doss or KS lev . i had 2 Kronologs fail , i tried the Fox DOSS and liked it but the lever just didnt seem right for me for the hour that i had it.rode tam yesterday and sure did miss having a dropper post on the way down.

  22. #1422
    father, mountain biker
    Reputation: shredjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by neveo View Post
    very nice, local to bay area as well. how are you liking your post? cant tell if that is the fox Doss or KS lev
    I've got the KS Lev, and have mostly been happy with it, minus a couple of issues with the head clamp.

    First, it allows a small amount of wobble both forwards/backwards and side to side. Not enough to notice while riding, but enough to wonder if I paid too much for it.

    Second, the head clamp develops a horrible creak after a few rides, however I found that a little WD40 on the bottom plate and reassemblage seems to fix the problem.

    I'm not sure what is so hard about building a clamp as solid and sound free as a standard seatpost, but I suspect it is due to the fact that the top of the post must be accessible for access to the pressure valve. Fortunately neither problem affects the functionality while riding, and the post has otherwise performed excellently. Again, for the price, seems like they would have worked out the bugs before going to market.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

  23. #1423
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne516 View Post
    For the record, it ain't mine and no I didn't steal it. It's one of the early prototype test bikes. Had an opportunity to ride it for a few minutes.
    Pics no worky.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ║.║ )╭∩╮

  24. #1424
    Now older but less slow!
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,678
    So on Saturday I swapped out my rear tire from the Ikon back to the Ardent which was in still new condition as I wanted a more aggressive rear.

    Took the bike to White Ranch here in Golden and on the first downhill split the side casing in two spots on some rocks. The sound of psssst, psssst, pssst as the wheel rotated was not good but up to that point the downhill and drops were a blast. The split was too much for Stans to seal. I ended up sticking a tube in for the rest of the ride but it was a mess to change out.

    I ordered two Hans Dampf tires for front and rear today in the Trailstar snakeskin compound. Hopefully these will last longer than the Ardents and give better grip. This is a major change for me! Trading weight for durability and grip


  25. #1425
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,731
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    This is a major change for me! Trading weight for durability and grip
    Welcome to 'practical'! So what, did your bike go from 28lbs to 28.5lbs, or did yo pick up an extra 2lbs like me w/ the Conti TK 2.4s?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ║.║ )╭∩╮

Page 57 of 147 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •