Page 56 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3774
    mtbr member
    i had to send my Kronolog in for the 2nd time yesterday, a new one should be here in a few days. my LBS offered to let me try the Fox Doss as a replacement.. i searched the forums am still trying to decide if i should stick with the kronolog or swap it out with the Fox doss... { deep inside i've been thinking about just forgetting the dropper post and putting on a thomson} that lever looks huge and it is a bi heavier.
    when the Kronolog works its awsome, i just have had problems with 2 early production models slipping down about an inch once under weitght

anyone on here have tried the Fox , or have tried both the fox and the kronolog?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by neveo View Post
    i had to send my Kronolog in for the 2nd time yesterday, a new one should be here in a few days. my LBS offered to let me try the Fox Doss as a replacement.. i searched the forums am still trying to decide if i should stick with the kronolog or swap it out with the Fox doss... { deep inside i've been thinking about just forgetting the dropper post and putting on a thomson} that lever looks huge and it is a bi heavier.
    when the Kronolog works its awsome, i just have had problems with 2 early production models slipping down about an inch once under weitght

anyone on here have tried the Fox , or have tried both the fox and the kronolog?
    Why not go with the Blacklite?
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by neveo View Post

I've only had it out on one ride, but I've been blown away by my KS Lev so far.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BigwheelsRbest View Post
    Are those CK mango hubs? Soooo jealous.

Won't you get a dropper seatpost as well?

Do you use that big ring - and how did you get a chain guide to work with multiple rings?

Sorry about all the Q's!
    Bionicon makes a very simple chain guide that attaches to the seat stay. Basically just adds tension to the chain to reduce chain slap. It's compatible with 1/2/3x setups too. There are a few other companies that make dual ring compatible guides as well, e*thirteen is one but I'm sure there's others. The bionicon is called cguide I believe, runs about 50 bucks. I've read good things about them.

mtbr member

Doesn't look that bad...does it?
    Definitely better than a 3x10 IMO.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Are those CK mango hubs? Soooo jealous.

Won't you get a dropper seatpost as well?

Do you use that big ring - and how did you get a chain guide to work with multiple rings?

Sorry about all the Q's!
    Yes those are CK mango hubs laced on notubes flow rims and sapim xc-ray spokes. awesome. have about 1820 grams. stiff. but wanna have the enve rims.
    I used to have the rock shox reverb in the bike but had some problems with it and I sent it to sram for a repair. it came back and I sold it cause I wanna avoid putting it again on my bike (I am not a big sram fan) and I ordered a LEV.

I ride it with 2 rings - 38/24. furthermore the gamut chainguide is installed. BTW i used to have the bionicon v.02 on this bike too, it is ok if you ride it moderate. But if you start pushing it really hard you can see that it is improper. Therefore, I changed it to a gamut, weight difference is 100 grams (my v.02 and a carbon bashguard had together 70 grams). the gamut has 170 grams. But I prefer having 100 grams more on the bike and the security that I can put it hard and secure through rock gardens etc..

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack69 View Post
    Yes those are CK mango hubs laced on notubes flow rims and sapim xc-ray spokes. awesome. have about 1820 grams. stiff. but wanna have the enve rims.
    I used to have the rock shox reverb in the bike but had some problems with it and I sent it to sram for a repair. it came back and I sold it cause I wanna avoid putting it again on my bike (I am not a big sram fan) and I ordered a LEV.

I ride it with 2 rings - 38/24. furthermore the gamut chainguide is installed. BTW i used to have the bionicon v.02 on this bike too, it is ok if you ride it moderate. But if you start pushing it really hard you can see that it is improper. Therefore, I changed it to a gamut, weight difference is 100 grams (my v.02 and a carbon bashguard had together 70 grams). the gamut has 170 grams. But I prefer having 100 grams more on the bike and the security that I can put it hard and secure through rock gardens etc..
    yeah I guessed that about the Bioicon. I'm hoping since I'm only running up to a 32T big ring now and have shortened the chain, I won't get any issues with the chain coming off or chain slap.
    I'm happy with the Reverb so far but then I am not tall enough to have it extended above the collar of the seat tube which would support it for me.
    Very envious of the Enve + CK mango combination on this bike, but I just couldn't justify the cost

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack69 View Post

when you say "improper" what do you mean? Still get chain slap? I'm curious, but haven't used one yet.

mtbr member
    Only took about a week for my LT to come in. had to take some beauty shots before i got her all dirty about an hour later! I havent seen to many aluminum versions and almost none of the gulf blue orange. The color is really awesome, looks like a white if you dont know. In certain lighting conditions there is just the slightest hint of baby blue. This bike is friken awesome, Im in love! the fox suspension is crazy smooth, it rails corners, climbs like a big wheeled monster, rolls down hill like a even bigger monster, geometry is spot on! PURE MOUNTAIN BIKING GNAR GNAR BLISS!

Photobucket
    what a sexxy beast

Photobucket
    smoothest stiffest fork ever! super easy to set up, and the ctd is pretty sick.

Photobucket
    yuuuummmy vpp goodies

Photobucket
    Ice tech rotors-xt brakes and dt through axle means stopping fast and super solid rear end.

Photobucket
    all ways crack a tall boy open post ride....always

Photobucket
    I flip my reverb lever upside down to protect it.

Photobucket
    loving the 2x10, every single gear is usable, and the cam on the rear deraileur eliminates chain slap compleatly. The e thirteen chain guide bash guard is pretty neat... it even has a shark fin on the inside to keep the chain from falling off the small ring
    My Girl friend said, " it's not about how LONG your travel is... its's how well you use it!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

TBa LT

Nice, but I never thought the color was close to white. Most photos are washed out, including mine. It's different that's why I like it.
    The Alum. TB's don't get much love around here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_1145.jpg  

mtbr member
    Gulf blue looks so good. Def hotter than the dark grey LTa.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    In case anyone's wondering where the "gulf" name for the color came from, here's a pic of the Gulf Racing Ford GT40 that originated that color scheme. They were a hugely successful endurance road racing team in the 1960s and 70s, founded by John Wyer and sponsored by Gulf Oil. I think it's very cool of Santa Cruz to revive the name and color.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    ^^^

That's awesome. Great find! Almost wish I bought the LTa instead. I wonder if any other colour schemes have a history attached to them.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    has anyone else chipped the paint on the frame under the bottom bracket? the area is pretty burly but I suspect will get a lot of abuse. Does anyone have suggestions?

Mine came with what I think is the cytoe protector on the bottom of downtube, but it doesnt cover the BB area.

mtbr member
    The LTc comes with a downtube protector (Lizard Skin i think) but not the Cytoe.

Here's an image:
    2014 Tallboy 2

mtbr member
    2014 Tallboy 2

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by mlx john View Post
    The LTc comes with a downtube protector (Lizard Skin i think) but not the Cytoe.

Here's an image:
    That looks like just the job - I had a nasty gouge out of the rear triangle knuckle on my first ride.
    I'm in the UK - does cytoe send there?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I don't know it is about the LTc, but I took a trip into the city today (95% bike path) to pick up some stuff from a client. In and out in just over 2 hours, roughly 32km (20 miles). I use to do that trip all the time on my old bike and not only would it take a lot longer, I would feel pretty worn out. Very impressed .. I don't know if it's the weight of the bike or the 29er wheels that make it so easy but as far as I'm concerned, this really is a do it all bike.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc

father, mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    I wonder if any other colour schemes have a history attached to them.
    Last edited by shredjunkie; 11-12-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    If you're getting the cytoe protector, I'd suggest asking for one without the grease port holes.

It's not that hard to take off when needed and without the holes it will keep the link area a lot cleaner.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    He ships internationally.

$9 USPS first class
    $19 USPS priority

My protector has a few marks where rocks have impacted. Definitely saved that lower pivot area from gouges/paint chips. I did get one paint chip on my first ride, it was pretty severe/loud. I stopped riding, fearing the worst.

Carbon is strong, the impact took a little of the paint off, but the carbon was basically untouched. I bought the protector for cosmetic reasons, not because I think that carbon will break.

We recently had to destroy a Felt road frame (for warranty purposes, I work at a bike shop).

The rear triangle was carbon. Using a 16 pound hammer, I bashed parts of the aluminum front triangle, it was fairly easy to put major dents in the tubing. Hitting the rear carbon triangle with equal force, or even harder only scuffed the carbon. And that was a road frame.
    2014 Tallboy 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I went back and forth numerous times before settling on the charcoal but the gulf blue is sweet. For me it boiled down to the fact that the grey was more stealth and at least somewhat less likely to attract unwanted (criminal) attention...

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by mlx john View Post
    He ships internationally.

$9 USPS first class
    $19 USPS priority

My protector has a few marks where rocks have impacted. Definitely saved that lower pivot area from gouges/paint chips. I did get one paint chip on my first ride, it was pretty severe/loud. I stopped riding, fearing the worst.

Carbon is strong, the impact took a little of the paint off, but the carbon was basically untouched. I bought the protector for cosmetic reasons, not because I think that carbon will break.

We recently had to destroy a Felt road frame (for warranty purposes, I work at a bike shop).

The rear triangle was carbon. Using a 16 pound hammer, I bashed parts of the aluminum front triangle, it was fairly easy to put major dents in the tubing. Hitting the rear carbon triangle with equal force, or even harder only scuffed the carbon. And that was a road frame.
    Thanks. Yeah - I was p!ssed off when I saw that gouge in my frame after just one ride. I wonder if the TLTc design is prone to this...

Ordered.

Talking about carbon frames, I'm sure you've seen this -

Santa Cruz Bicycles - Test Lab - Pinkbike

It's one of the reasons I went for a Santa Cruz carbon frame...

mtbr member

Ltc XTR AM EVE Build kit

Received and built last Friday. My first SC and I am very impressed with the craftsmanship and build quality. Have had one short ride and the reviews appear to be right on. Planning a week in NC-Pisgah, Dupont and Asheville area. Must ride this bike! More pics and ride review to follow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-summer-2012-040.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That is ridiculously sweet Wick
    Tallboy LT

Page 56 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast