Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 4972
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quick little TBLTc vid. My home town is trying to get on people's list of places to ride. Im gonna try and make a commercial to that effect. Its got good 3rd person shots of the LTc.
    Tallboy LTc On Price, Utah Trails - YouTube
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DpqNxGPrYb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So I'm a little taller- 80 or 90 and I should be good - I should have all my fixes by this weekend and I am going to rip the **** out of this rig- Will post pics. Thanks to everyone for your help

Squeaky wheel- you were spot on! I sort of got sold on the x-large with a 50mm stem- but that is just not me.

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman View Post
    Quick little TBLTc vid. My home town is trying to get on people's list of places to ride. Im gonna try and make a commercial to that effect. Its got good 3rd person shots of the LTc.
    nice aerial quadcopter shots!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i kinda want one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman View Post
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DpqNxGPrYb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Good work
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    thanks people!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    And can I say how much I love this bike? I really think Im going to keep upgrading components as they wear out but keep the frame forever. Then its a new bike all the time, but, you know it will fit like a glove! All these discussions about forks and tires and rear shocks and carbon/aluminum and droppers and etc. All great problems to have!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    My new bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami A. View Post
    My new bike
    That's a beauty. Love the white highlights.

Bodhisattva
    TB LTc in stealth night mode

[ATTACH=CONFIG]https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1377607_10202426482208266_489581517_n.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-1377607_10202426482208266_489581517_n.jpg  

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member

Re: Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

My new bike
    Very nicely done. Love the blue/white combo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    My new bike
    Question: Where did you get that pike to match so perfect? Is SC now offering the Pike with the LTc? It's not on the bike builder on the website, they only show a RS sektor. Looks outstanding man...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My new bike
    Love the aftermarket sticker kit on the fork

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I ordered only the frame and built myself a bike. All the components I ordered from here, Bike-Discount | Der Bike-Shop mit Bestprice Garantie! . Stickers came from here Slik Graphics

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Let's see ur bike..pic please

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    More information

Frame: Tallboy LTc, size medium
    Fork: Rock Shox Pike dual position air 150mm
    Shock: Fox CTD kashima
    Crankset: XX1
    Gripshift: XX1
    Chain: XX1
    Rear derailleur: XX1
    Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 125mm
    Stem: Easton Haven 85mm
    Handlebar: Easton Haven carbon
    Saddle: WTB Silverado
    Hubs: Hope Pro evo
    Rims: ZTR Crest
    Spokes: DT Swiss Revelation
    Tyres: Continental MK2 2.2
    Brakes: Avid Elixir 9 180mm
    Cassette: XX1

Weight: 12.3kg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

Very nice LTc

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I ordered only the frame and built myself a bike. All the components I ordered from here, Bike-Discount | Der Bike-Shop mit Bestprice Garantie! . Stickers came from here Slik Graphics
    That is a sweet custom ride that looks like it came that way. You have one that nobody has.

mtbr member

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cptjack View Post
    So, Just got back from georgetown in the middle of DC. People at bike shop were very apologetic and ordered new cranks (175) with rings (found out old one [2 days] was actually 26/38 and not 24/38 which was actually specified on reciept. Also agreed to replace 34 tooth cassette for 36 tooth cassette.

a lot of mistakes... but they are willing to fix them (replace) by Friday - so no harm.

on a side note- going from a 22 granny with 26 inch wheels and 34 tooth cassette to a 29 inch wheel with 170mm cranks and a 34 tooth cassette along with a 26 inch granny does not inspire confidence on climbs at the 50 year mark.

'nother side note- squeaky wheel- do you really think a large is the right size for me? I am kinda freaked out right now....

thanks for everyones help

Jack
    I'm 6' 2" and the Large fits me just right. I have slightly longer legs than typical for a male my height. Initially I thought I'd swap the short stem/wide bar for the longer/narrower bar/stem combo I was used to. I quickly came to like the short/wide setup the bike came with.

Love the 2x10. 22/36t rings and 11 - 36 cassette. I could get by with a 24t granny, but I like having the little gear to fall back on, tho rarely use it.

You've got a lot of steep climbs outside the DC area don't you?
    --Reamer

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just switched out my crank an d cassette about 4 hour ago and took it for a test ride---totally--totally blown away. This bike is tits. Amazing how much a too small crank can ruin your life (hey, that was one of those double entandres). The cockpit feels jus right. I can believe how smooth and absorbs this bike rides. I am in heaven. Toamarrow I am going to tear this ***** up......

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by cptjack View Post
    Just switched out my crank an d cassette about 4 hour ago and took it for a test ride---totally--totally blown away. This bike is tits. Amazing how much a too small crank can ruin your life (hey, that was one of those double entandres). The cockpit feels jus right. I can believe how smooth and absorbs this bike rides. I am in heaven. Toamarrow I am going to tear this ***** up......
    Careful - that's pretty much how I felt on my TBLTc just before I crashed and broke ribs...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BigwheelsRbest View Post
    Careful - that's pretty much how I felt on my TBLTc just before I crashed and broke ribs...
    I know what you mean. This bike gave me over confidence in my riding skills at first. I took a lot more chances on technical areas I used to avoid and ended up taking stupid crashes until I figured out I had more bike than riding ability. After a few months I have become a much better rider and have learned to slowly progress instead of missing time nursing injuries.

mtbr member
    For anyone running a Cane Creek DB Air: Looks like I need to order the 7.87" x 2.0" size, but do I need to order any special mounting hardwear, or does it come with it?

Also - anyone with the Rockshox Pike experiencing the knocking issues that I read about in the Pike thread? It looked to me like most of the bushing issues were in the 26" fork, but I could be wrong about that.

Thank in advance!

mtbr member
    You will need to order the hardware separately.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hello,

I found this thread as part of my investigating the tbltc. It was my bike of choice to replace my current 08 enduro but I thought the pricing was too much for me. Then I met a guy in the bush who not only told me about Neezy who sell ex demo models for a big discount but gave me a short go on his. It blew me away so much going up a hill i had to ask him if i could go down it too. Needless to say that blew me away too and I had to have one. I thank my 7 year old son for stopping in the middle of the trail and starting the conversation. It was the first time I'd actually seen a tbltc in the flesh.

My big question relates to frame size. I'm a skinny 6'5" and long in the torso. I forgot to ask the guy what size his was. Sat on a L in my Local shop without pedals and it felt ok. Sat on an XL and felt stretched out. I actually feel like, even though the sizing chart says I should be on an XXL, I would be more comfortable on a L. I rode 2 trek XL's on a demo day on the weekend and on both the bars felt too far away for comfort.

My current bike is an XL and I'm always trying to bring the bars closer to me. I got a 2" rise bar in desperation and that helped a bit. I have one of those e150 forks with the fixed stem length. I get a cramp in my lower back every time I ride and I have to stop every 15 minutes to ease it. It has almost stopped me from riding so many times in the past. I have a comfort bike I ride around with the wife and kids. It has a big back sweep on the bars and I've elevated the adjustable stem about 30 degrees past where it is supposed to go to bring the bars closer to me and higher. I'm almost standing up straight when I ride that bike and I look like Mary Poppins on it but it is comfortable for me.

If anyone has some feedback for me before I fork out the hard earned and possibly make a mistake I would appreciate it. I'd be looking to put a 60mm stem on it as that's my preference and prob set the seat back a bit too out of preference.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonedoctor View Post
    Hello,

I found this thread as part of my investigating the tbltc. It was my bike of choice to replace my current 08 enduro but I thought the pricing was too much for me. Then I met a guy in the bush who not only told me about Neezy who sell ex demo models for a big discount but gave me a short go on his. It blew me away so much going up a hill i had to ask him if i could go down it too. Needless to say that blew me away too and I had to have one. I thank my 7 year old son for stopping in the middle of the trail and starting the conversation. It was the first time I'd actually seen a tbltc in the flesh.

My big question relates to frame size. I'm a skinny 6'5" and long in the torso. I forgot to ask the guy what size his was. Sat on a L in my Local shop without pedals and it felt ok. Sat on an XL and felt stretched out. I actually feel like, even though the sizing chart says I should be on an XXL, I would be more comfortable on a L. I rode 2 trek XL's on a demo day on the weekend and on both the bars felt too far away for comfort.

My current bike is an XL and I'm always trying to bring the bars closer to me. I got a 2" rise bar in desperation and that helped a bit. I have one of those e150 forks with the fixed stem length. I get a cramp in my lower back every time I ride and I have to stop every 15 minutes to ease it. It has almost stopped me from riding so many times in the past. I have a comfort bike I ride around with the wife and kids. It has a big back sweep on the bars and I've elevated the adjustable stem about 30 degrees past where it is supposed to go to bring the bars closer to me and higher. I'm almost standing up straight when I ride that bike and I look like Mary Poppins on it but it is comfortable for me.

If anyone has some feedback for me before I fork out the hard earned and possibly make a mistake I would appreciate it. I'd be looking to put a 60mm stem on it as that's my preference and prob set the seat back a bit too out of preference.

Cheers
    I get l4 l5 back pain, one of the things that helps it is riding because of the isometric exercise I give it - isometric lower spine is about all that I can find evidence for - either by holding your torso off the end of a bed for a minute or 2 at a time while someone sits on your legs, or on the floor arching up and holding it for endurance.

Now I know that's a little off topic, but it's the sort of exercise that may enable you to ride for longer and without having to make compromises on bike fit - I gather the irony of that advice given your name

Because you are tall, you have probably been riding undersized bikes your whole life and have got used to - so you like it for familiarity reasons, and given your LBP problems . The smallest I'd go is XL given your height, keep a good 20mm of spacers under the stem , a low rise bar, 10d rise stem, align your knee properly over the spindle, comfortable seat etc.

Going 1 size off recommended is preference , going 2 sizes off really risking it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for the reply. Whilst good advice, I was hoping you would agree with me. Neezy only has a L in carbon. With the XT build kit, they are around $2500 cheaper than a new one. The new price being more than I can justify to my wife, and possibly myself. I could get a new one in alum with the SLX build kit for a similar price to the demo carbon XT but... Carbon is nice and there'd be quite a weight difference between the 2 bikes..

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    More pictures

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm 5'11" and the large fits me perfectly. I can't imagine a large even remotely fitting you correctly at 6'5" with a long torso. Going 2 sizes smaller than recommended isn't worth what ever amount of savings you are getting if the bike doesn't fit.

mtbr member

More pictures
    Beautiful.
    Do you have any pictures from the non-drive side?
    Do you have trails in your backyard? The nature is stunning.

mtbr member

Cheers
    I'm 5'11" and the smallest TBLT I would ride is a large.

Quote Originally Posted by pking View Post
    I'm 5'11" and the large fits me perfectly. I can't imagine a large even remotely fitting you correctly at 6'5" with a long torso. Going 2 sizes smaller than recommended isn't worth what ever amount of savings you are getting if the bike doesn't fit.
    +1 - buying a small bike to save $$ is just a bad investment.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    More pictures

This is the most unique and possibly best looking SC bike I've seen in a long time. The one thing I'd do is route the rear brake cable with the dropper cable on the down tube. Will give you symmetry with the white cables.

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I'm 5'11" and the smallest TBLT I would ride is a large.

+1 - buying a small bike to save $$ is just a bad investment.
    +2 - I'm 5' 11.5" and the Large fits like a glove. Don't do it, you'll regret it...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    This is the most unique and possibly best looking SC bike I've seen in a long time. The one thing I'd do is route the rear brake cable with the dropper cable on the down tube. Will give you symmetry with the white cables.
    But Reverb stealth cable need to be put on the down tube.

Maybe i need to change the seat clamp and spacers white. I would like something white on the handlebars, but i don´t know what

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for all the feedback. It's unanimous, you've saved me a big mistake. I'm stubborn so I probably would've ridden it cramped up for the next few years convincing myself it was ok. I'll look into an alum one until a carbon becomes available.

Sami A, how about white grips?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Sami A, how about white grips?
    White grips yes, but how because i have a gripshift, what model grip. . .?
    (thanks GoogleTranslate)

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply. Whilst good advice, I was hoping you would agree with me. Neezy only has a L in carbon. With the XT build kit, they are around $2500 cheaper than a new one. The new price being more than I can justify to my wife, and possibly myself. I could get a new one in alum with the SLX build kit for a similar price to the demo carbon XT but... Carbon is nice and there'd be quite a weight difference between the 2 bikes..
    Ah, queenslander Andrews bikes are priced fairly, but they have had a fair bit of use if you've hung around for a demo day. If you told the wife what they cost, she wouldn't believe you anyway, so just knock a couple of grand off the reportable cost - you'll even forget yourself after 6 months

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Maybe i need to change the seat clamp and spacers white. I would like something white on the handlebars, but i don´t know what
    You can route both cables through the same cable guide. Just zip tie both in. That's how they have it routed in the stock pictures.

Keep on Rockin...
    For cable routing the original SC pics had the RD cable NOT cross the HT. It took a sharp bend to the guide on the drive side of the HT. I found routing it the traditional way around the front of the HT to the non-drive side better, then cross it back over down under the shock. The rear brake hose now takes the tighter bend and stays on the drive side, then cross over under the shock like the RD cable.

As far as the dropper cable, I can't recall how I have it but it worked out well. All I can think of right now is my lever is on the drive side and the routing is quite smooth and I don't think I had to double up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    For cable routing the original SC pics had the RD cable NOT cross the HT. It took a sharp bend to the guide on the drive side of the HT. I found routing it the traditional way around the front of the HT to the non-drive side better, then cross it back over down under the shock. The rear brake hose now takes the tighter bend and stays on the drive side, then cross over under the shock like the RD cable.

As far as the dropper cable, I can't recall how I have it but it worked out well. All I can think of right now is my lever is on the drive side and the routing is quite smooth and I don't think I had to double up.
    Which dropper are you running? I route my Lev on the top tube, but the stealth routed droppers need to go down.

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    Which dropper are you running? I route my Lev on the top tube, but the stealth routed droppers need to go down.
    Spec Blacklite. Pretty sure the way the cable guides are set up there is a dedicate set for the dropper cable.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Spec Blacklite. Pretty sure the way the cable guides are set up there is a dedicate set for the dropper cable.
    Only if you route either the dropper or the rear brake on the top tube. Rear brake on the top tube is not ideal, and stealth dropper on the top tube is even worse.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I cant see Sami A's pics, but I am on a work computer So is it my comp or do they magically disappear?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Folks, just got an LT with the Fox 34 Float 140. Was wondering if anyone has gone below the suggested PSI to make the fork more plush. I am 220lbs with equipment and set it at the suggested 100 psi and was wondering if a little less would be ok.

Thanks in advance?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ok I'm on the fence about getting my first 29fs.
    Narrowed down between a tblt or a bandit 29. Anyone rode both before?
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDogVT View Post
    Hey Folks, just got an LT with the Fox 34 Float 140. Was wondering if anyone has gone below the suggested PSI to make the fork more plush. I am 220lbs with equipment and set it at the suggested 100 psi and was wondering if a little less would be ok.

Thanks in advance?
    Air pressure is just a starting point, sag is a better way to set suspension, and you can always set it lower or higher than recommended to match the ride you like.

It's just air pressure, just try it and see if you like it.
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI
    Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Air pressure is just a starting point, sag is a better way to set suspension, and you can always set it lower or higher than recommended to match the ride you like.

It's just air pressure, just try it and see if you like it.
    +1 - I run my Fox Float 36 on my Nomad well below the recommended pressure to get the sag I want. You aren't going to damage anything by going lower than recommended.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Non-drive picture . . . .and real color . . .

. . .and from the front

mtbr member

I wouldn't change a thing. It looks great, I like the cable routing as well.
    The bike looks tall though, what size is it and how tall are you?
    The handlebars seem to be high compared to the seat.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    I wouldn't change a thing. It looks great, I like the cable routing as well.
    The bike looks tall though, what size is it and how tall are you?
    The handlebars seem to be high compared to the seat.
    Frame is medium and i´m 175cm (5.7ft)
    I have 1x5mm and 1x10mm spacers. Maybe only 1x5mm. But that does not feel bad.