Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    I just decided to buy the more expensive SPXam build vs. the cheaper R then paying the difference later. I also spent the extra for the Fox vs RS fork for the same reason.
    I did the same thing with my Tallboy carbon.

AS far as the bottle cage goes. Such a nice bike as the LTc, don't put a bottle on it and screw up the look. Get a Osprey or Camelbak. Use the bottom screws for Cytoe's skid plate. Keep the bike looking clean and mean. My sentiments on the bottle cage.

WWJR

34 Talas vs 34 Float

I would love to hear the 34 Talas guys chime in about that fork. Im wondering if the external travel adjust is really worth it on the LT.?.?
    I went with the Float, not even thinking about the Talas
    Last edited by IH8MUD; 06-28-2012 at 06:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hullendersauce View Post
    I would love to hear the 34 Talas guys chime in about that fork. Im wondering if the travel adjust is really worth it.?.?
    i dont have this bike, or a Talas, but I have had a travel adjust fork in the past and I never used the travel adjust. the general consensus (there are, of course, always exceptions) on mtbr seems to be that most people don't end up using travel adjust after the first month or so. for the extra cost and maintenance of all the extra seals in the Talas, I'd say dont bother.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    I did the same thing with my Tallboy carbon.

AS far as the bottle cage goes. Such a nice bike as the LTc, don't put a bottle on it and screw up the look. Get a Osprey or Camelbak. Use the bottom screws for Cytoe's skid plate. Keep the bike looking clean and mean. My sentiments on the bottle cage.
    hopefully cytoe will have the ltc skidplate soon now that they are showing up !

mtbr member

Bike Park

Other LT owners, would you feel comfortable doing lift serviced bike park runs on yours? I wouldn't be hitting the largest gaps/drops/jumps. Debating on taking this vs renting a full on DH dual crown/coil shock bike. I've got a reverb post and a Hans Damf front tire, other than that its a stock bike with the SPX kit.

Thanks
    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowBusa View Post
    Other LT owners, would you feel comfortable doing lift serviced bike park runs on yours? I wouldn't be hitting the largest gaps/drops/jumps. Debating on taking this vs renting a full on DH dual crown/coil shock bike. I've got a reverb post and a Hans Damf front tire, other than that its a stock bike with the SPX kit.

Thanks
    If you've never ridden a true big bike, rent. I don't care how big those wheels are, it'll just NOT even compare to 8"+ of travel.

Edit: plus, why would you want to put that kind of hurt on your bike? Ski area biking beats the CRAP outta bikes!
    Last edited by Pau11y; 06-28-2012 at 09:04 AM.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Got mine!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-tallboy-long-travel-carbon.jpg  

Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven View Post
    Got mine!!!!
    Another sweet ride pulling it!!
    "The Elusive Black Float"....unless thats another Talas.?.?
    Last edited by IH8MUD; 06-28-2012 at 01:17 PM.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Another sweet ride pulling it!!
    "The Elusive Black Float"....unless thats another Talas.?.?
    Thanks!!! Its a Float, but what is the "Elusive" part???
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

Thanks
    I've already taken my TBLTc to three bike parks - Angel Fire, Winter Park, and Crested Butte. I can say without hesitation the bike kills it! I've hit some pretty big stuff on it already, the bike is fine but I've KO'd one rim. I think I'll be racing the Air DH race in Winter Park on it in next week - unless I find my V10c to be faster.

Crested Butte Wildflower Rush Super-D #2

It depends on the bike park, the TBLTc wouldn't be my first choice at the faster, rougher bike parks in Colorado, but for a lot of them - set up correctly - it'd be fine.

I just picked up a coil shock to try on it too, that should be interesting.

Here's my quiver....
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    Curious to hear what seat post others are using with the TB LTC? I was leaning toward the kronolog but have seen some negative reviews. I'm using a ks 900 or 950 on my mojo and have been happy with it so far.

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven View Post
    Thanks!!! Its a Float, but what is the "Elusive" part???
    I think there were only a select amount of TBLTc's that were shipped w/ black Floats. All the rest were sent in white...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    As far as I know all Fox shocks from SC will be shipping with black forks. If you try to purchase this separate, like from Hucknroll or Competitive cyclist, then it will come in white. Allegedly Fox is doing black for complete bike kit builds, SC will not sell you the fork by itself either.

mtbr member
    that yellow looks sik!! Wonder how much longer it wouldve taken for the complete?
    My LBS got mine today too... Wonder if I shouldve gone with the 34 Talas instead of the Float?.?.?
    Here's what I can tell on this, I first built up my Honzo with a Talas 34 because I wanted a black Fox 34 fork. I maybe used the travel feature a couple times only coming to the conclusion that at 110mm on my bike, I had too many pedal strikes. And blew through the travel quickly (coming from a Float 36 160mm). I'm more of a set up your fork in the beginning of the season and never really bother with it again.

Once broken in, the Talas 34 has been super smooth thanks to the SKF seals and Kashima. But the more I read about the Talas system (a much more complicated and restrictive system than the Float cartridge) and encountering threads about the Talas adjust not working, I set out my search for the "elusive" black Float 34. Installed mine last week, it's about 150g lighter than the Talas 34, and much smoother out of the box with zero riding hours than my slightly broken in Talas 34. It's breaking in very nicely and can't wait to see how it feels mid season.

I wouldn't bother with a travel adjust fork on the TB LT. Or any other bike. The Talas was my first travel adjust fork. And my last.

As far as I know all Fox shocks from SC will be shipping with black forks. If you try to purchase this separate, like from Hucknroll or Competitive cyclist, then it will come in white. Allegedly Fox is doing black for complete bike kit builds, SC will not sell you the fork by itself either.
    You are correct on the black part. Only way to get the elusive black Float is via a complete bike build or someone's OEM take-off, the latter rarely (more like never happening). Or be super lucky and have an awesome shop pull the black Float 34 from one of their floor SC TB LT models and sell you the black Float 34.

That's how I landed my black Float 34 for my Honzo build. It took a while trying to get one, but when I did, I got lucky. Got the 2012 FIT RLC damper instead of the new CTD stuff (like I wanted), brand new, with a warranty, and still paid less than MSRP.

My previous Talas 34 was about $150 less but carried no warranty and was previously used.

And I just wish Fox would take note that people want more black Floats than white. They should offer both colors for aftermarket sales, like they do with the Fox 40 fork. Or drop the white Float altogether and keep it for their XC F29 line. All-Mountain needs black.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Turned out very nice. Love the color.

Wheels are from my hardtail, still waiting for the kit to convert the rear hub to 142 x 12 on my other wheelset.

Weight is 11.74 Kilo

mtbr member
    Looks GREAT!

The yellow is really nice!

Could you enlighten me what framesize and stem length your on?

The stem looks LONG? Or am I mislead?

Greetings and a TON of fun with the new vehicle!

Greetings Znarf

mtbr member
    Frame is medium, stem 90mm. Normaly i'm running 80mm, but wanted to try a longer stem. We'll see.

WWJR
    thks for the clarification! :
    Last edited by IH8MUD; 06-29-2012 at 08:23 AM.

mtbr member
    I would love to hear the 34 Talas guys chime in about that fork. Im wondering if the external travel adjust is really worth it on the LT.?.?
    I had a 150/120 talas on my last bike, Ventana El Ciclon, and I used it occasionally on long steep climbs. I hated the way the bike rode in with talas at 120mm. The bike seemed harder to pedal.

Anyway, on my TB LTc I do t feel any need for shortening the fork. Steeps are easy enough with the 140. I would not go for talas on this bike.
    --Reamer

mtbr member
    I've notice some front dérailleur-rub when getting deeper into the rear travel.

Does anyone know if the front der. is mounted by SC or does the LBS mount it up. (complete amXTR bike).

I imagine SC would put it in the right place considering travel. LBS may put it in eight place when on stand....

Dunno. Maybe just a little cable adjustment.
    --Reamer

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Noah,
    Have you tried the 2x on the TBLT yet? wondering if the fit is okay before I buy

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    that is great to know. i m really liking the TBLT but im hesitant to use air shocks. i weigh 300 and have always run a fox coil on my Heckler

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Quick update on changes to the stock SPXam build on mine.

Installed the XT trail pedals for the first ride. Not that thrilled with them (if you don't have time to clip in they aren't stable to ride on), I might change to a set of the DX 600 series pedals.

Changed the Ardent tires to Specialized Purgatory for ride 3.

I didn't like the stock Volt (CroMo) saddle (too flat) so tested with an old Rocket SLT (what I had been running on my old Blur).

Last night I changed the rear rotor to a 180mm XT Ice & pads changed to finned metalic version for an upcoming road trip with some huge decents. No time on them yet.

I still have to install the Reverb post and new Rocket SLT saddle.

Also have to figure out the bottle cage on the downtube for carrying Gatorade.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hey Noah, I don't believe the tire doesn't rub . . . please post a close-up picture of said tire, particularly the tread, preferably with the make and model front and center . . . Thanks
    Last edited by Phatass; 06-29-2012 at 03:09 PM.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I mounted a Fox Van RC coil shock to the TBLTc last night and it rode amazing! It's even got a longer stroke, 2.25" vs. 2" - so it bumped the travel up too. No contact with the seat tube, not even close on my XL frame with a 2.2 tire.
    Ran thru some number...
    A 135mm or 5.3" travel w/ 2.0" of stroke, you're looking at a ratio of 2.65:1...
    So, if you bump that 2" stroke to 2.25" => 2.25" x 2.65... you get 5.96" or 151mm of travel!
    So the TBLTc IS the Nomad 29er?!?!

So, who makes a 150mm 29er fork?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    Noah,
    Have you tried the 2x on the TBLT yet? wondering if the fit is okay before I buy
    I haven't, but it will be fine.

I have tried G2SL, Mini G2SL, Micro G2SL, S4, and some other funky stuff and they all fit no problem. Lots of guide clearance on the new Santa Cruz models.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

Trail Boss
    Here is mine. best bike i have ever ridden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-tallboy.jpg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-tallboy-1.jpg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-tallboy-2.jpg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-206214_10150900290915753_1895840642_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great Looking bike. What size is yours? I'm guessing large.

Trail Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    Great Looking bike. What size is yours? I'm guessing large.
    yeah its a large.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Float is great. No need for TALAS. I had a 36 TALAS on my Nomad and needed it. Same terrain with LTc and no need for TALAS. Simplicity...

Sylvain (Med Tallboy LTc)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    No need for a TALAS fork on the LTc. The bike id so well balanced with the float even on the steepest grade when you think 36 cog/24 ring combo is not low enough...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm using the new black specialized command post. So far, so good...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have had the new rig for a few days now. Simply amazing. I rode a medley of trails lately to compare it to my old Nomad. I would venture to say that it is a superior all-mountain rig, if you pedal up to go down and put some serious mileage. The Nomad was closer to a freeride bike that pedaled extremely well. The LTc is just a plain rocket of a bike.

Keep the Float fork, totally well balanced. At 5'5", I went for my first dropper post. Makes the bike a very capable flying machine.

It might look a little weird with big wheels on a small frame but who cares, as long as I have fun.

I have a 50mm Tompson stem and Havoc Carbon (30") bars. My stem is right against the headset.

I ditch the big ring and went with E13 Turbocharger bashguard and waiting for a 36t middle ring.

Knobby Nic 2.35 F and 2.25 B for the Canadian Rockies riding. Great so far.

I waited since April 5th and it was worth it. Thanks to the Cafe (LBS).

Pics to come at some point.

Sylvain

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Does anyone know if the tallboy LT's are currently shipping with the RP23 or the 2013 CTD shock??

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAMG View Post
    Does anyone know if the tallboy LT's are currently shipping with the RP23 or the 2013 CTD shock??
    FLOAT CTD Bike Shock | FOX

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I mounted a Fox Van RC coil shock to the TBLTc last night and it rode amazing! It's even got a longer stroke, 2.25" vs. 2" - so it bumped the travel up too. No contact with the seat tube, not even close on my XL frame with a 2.2 tire.
    Hey NoahC, Do you have any pics of how close the tire is to the seat tube at full compression with the 7.875" X 2.25" shock? Does the 2.25" bump the travel up to around 150mm?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    My XL LTc came in last week, but I didn't get a chance to build her up and go for a shake-down ride until yesterday. Coming off a regular TB, the bike immediately felt familiar, but also more comfortable in the rough stuff and thanks to light wheels, nearly as quick. Can't wait to go for a longer ride this week. In the meantime, here's the build in case anyone's curious.

Frame - XL
    Fork - Fox 34 Float 29 FIT CTD
    Wheels - ENVE AM 29 w/DT 240 hubs
    Stem - Thomson X4
    Bars - Easton Haven Carbon
    Seatpost - KS LEV 125mm
    Seat - WTB Silverado SLT
    Brakes - Avid Elixir CR
    Shifter/Derailleurs- SRAM X0
    Cranks - Race Face Turbine, 2x10, 26/38T, black
    Cassette - SRAM XG-1080, 11-36
    Chain - KMC X10SL-Ti
    Pedals - Time ATAC XS Carbon
    Tires - Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29x2.35 (front), 29x2.25 (rear), tubless w/Stan's

Weight - 27.38lb.

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by kwolfkill View Post
    My XL LTc came in last week, but I didn't get a chance to build her up and go for a shake-down ride until yesterday. Coming off a regular TB, the bike immediately felt familiar, but also more comfortable in the rough stuff and thanks to light wheels, nearly as quick. Can't wait to go for a longer ride this week. In the meantime, here's the build in case anyone's curious.

Frame - XL
    Stem - Thomson X4
    Seatpost - KS LEV 125mm
    Seat - WTB Silverado SLT
    Brakes - Avid Elixir CR
    Chain - KMC X10SL-Ti

Weight - 27.38lb.
    Woah...that is one hell of a light XL! SIK wheels!

Small frame? I thought the smallest available was a medium?

Cassoulet forever !
    About the talas, i think it mostly depends on your height.

Small / short guys riding M do not understand the problem that a high COG associated with long legs can bring.

Have got 2 questions :
    -Do you guys know if one can fit an angleset in the LTc frame ?

-Do any of you already rides with a directmount rear der ?
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Frame - XL
    Stem - Thomson X4
    Seatpost - KS LEV 125mm
    Seat - WTB Silverado SLT
    Brakes - Avid Elixir CR
    Chain - KMC X10SL-Ti

Weight - 27.38lb.
    NIce build! I like the way the new ENVY's are looking, they're not so loud anymore and for that color go well with it. The black and orange is really starting to grow on me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    So anybody see the new Enve kit options for the regular Tallboy? I assume the next step will be introducing an Enve kit (hopefully more AM) for the LT . . . . anybody know when/if that might happen??

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    So anybody see the new Enve kit options for the regular Tallboy? I assume the next step will be introducing an Enve kit (hopefully more AM) for the LT . . . . anybody know when/if that might happen??
    I'm sure its already available. Just not up on the site yet. I think it's going to bring the price to about $9K . . . . noooooo thank you.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I wish Envy would make their wheels more affordable for us. I would buy if they did. I would like them but can't afford it. I'm sure there is an LTc kit with Envy option but they didn't post it. There are some typos I saw too so it looks like they are tweaking the site. The bike builder isn't updated either. Just the kit sections.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat

Frame - XL
    Stem - Thomson X4
    Seatpost - KS LEV 125mm
    Seat - WTB Silverado SLT
    Brakes - Avid Elixir CR
    Chain - KMC X10SL-Ti

Weight - 27.38lb.
    KWOLFKILL,
    That is one bad bike!!! Can you snap a pic of how you routed the rear D cable? It looks like you did not use the cable stops on the drive side down tube. Thanks
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    007, I think it will actually be over $10K . . . .

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    These updates have me confused. I ordered an LT about a week ago with the R AM kit. A couple days later I noticed this kit has been updated to included a Sektor rather than the Revelation RL. My bike hasn't shipped yet, but do you guys think I will receive the build that I THOUGHT I was purchasing (w/ the revelation) rather than the new updated package? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 20.100 FR View Post
    -Do any of you already rides with a directmount rear der ?
    Scott @ SC told me that they aren't shipping bikes with direct mount rear derailleurs yet as they are waiting for a shipment from Shimano.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cm374 View Post
    These updates have me confused. I ordered an LT about a week ago with the R AM kit. A couple days later I noticed this kit has been updated to included a Sektor rather than the Revelation RL. My bike hasn't shipped yet, but do you guys think I will receive the build that I THOUGHT I was purchasing (w/ the revelation) rather than the new updated package? Thanks
    Rockshox Sektor 140 29er is news to me. Can't find anything about one online.
    Last edited by eurospek; 07-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    konahonzo

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by TLD80 View Post
    What about the RaceFace SIXc cranks? That is what I am going with for this specific reason. I can choose whatever chainring combo I want. Opinions?

You arent limited to SRAM or Race Face. Im pretty sure you can do the same with any 104/64 BCD (Bolt Circle Diameter) crankset.?.? Im sticking with XT for my 22/34 two-by

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

After a few rides, here it is...

This bike rips. Tip the scale around 28lbs. 4lbs lighter than my Nomad. Med size.

Was worth the 2 months wait.

Just waiting for a 36t middle ring. Has E13 Turbocharger now. 30" Havoc carbon and 50mm Thomson stem. Specialized dropper post. The rest is spx kit (XTR Shadow + R.Der.)

I have tried a medley of trails around my backyard. Sweeeeet!

Knobby Nic 2.35F, 2.25R

It can only get better from now.

Sylvain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-my-tallboy-ltc.jpg  

SOG
    mtbr member
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on this bike. It's nice to see you can get the weight down. I figure swapping a Thompson Masterpiece in place of a poppy post and some enve hoops with light tires I can get the weight down nicely.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I believe I saw on on this thread that was 24lbs! I couldn't believe it. If you have the dinero, I guess anything is possible.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I just got my TBc today and yes I know, this is the LT thread.

I wanted to ask the guys that have been riding on the CTD "improvement" what they are finding as far as setting goes, compared the the older Foxs that just had so many clicks of compression.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

Once I got the sag right, I'm using the Fox suggested settings for my weight. My other Fox forks are old (and 32 platform) but it seems like the new fork requires more pressure.

Cassoulet forever !
    Scott @ SC told me that they aren't shipping bikes with direct mount rear derailleurs yet as they are waiting for a shipment from Shimano.
    SC told me that i does ship with a classical derailleur anger, but that you can order the directmount extra. I found a picture with an angleset, so it can be done. I have a new question. I see on the SC website, that the LTc comes now stock with a CTD shock, but that it exist a -x shock option. I can't find the corresponding shock on the fox website. Does someone have got an idea of what's going on ?
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

aka bOb
    Once I got the sag right, I'm using the Fox suggested settings for my weight. My other Fox forks are old (and 32 platform) but it seems like the new fork requires more pressure.
    Thanks I was kind of wondering about that after reading a few reviews. I'm going to go with last years model Fox 34 for my LTC that is if the frames ever become available.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Can you comment on the different settings Climb, Trail and Decent?
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

banned
    Oct 2004
    Just pulled the trigger on a large frame...hoping the lack of some kit bits will free up some frame only...
    Also ordered up a Marz 44 micro ti air 29, and some Chinese carbon rims. And, hunting for a 7.875x2.25mm coil shock to make this just shy of 6" travel bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Almost 50,000 hits . . . . Wow.

PA Slayer
    Jun 2010
    I picked mine up yesterday (but ordered it in early June). I have the RP23 on mine and the Revelation Fork for the RAM kit. It is interesting that they are shaking things up with these kits.What is a better fork, the Revelation or the Sektor?

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl1567502 View Post
    I picked mine up yesterday (but ordered it in early June). I have the RP23 on mine and the Revelation Fork for the RAM kit. It is interesting that they are shaking things up with these kits.What is a better fork, the Revelation or the Sektor?
    just doesnt make sense that you got an RP23. I wasnt aware it was offered with the TBLT, as the bike is newer than...

I find that I leave it in trail most of the time.

Decent I use when starting a long decent but I have forgotten a couple of times, then remembered part way down.

Climb I've only been using when climbing up either a paved or gravel road.

As others have said I change the settings on the fork about as often as you change them on your RP23 shock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    just doesnt make sense that you got an RP23. I wasnt aware it was offered with the TBLT, as the bike is newer than...
    My TBc came with a 2012 RP23 and a 2013 Float CTD. Looks like they are using up left over stock.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Rockshox Sektor 140 29er is news to me. Can't find anything about one online.
    Rockshox Sektor= Pike + Revelation, so to speak

Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    I'm close to pulling the trigger on an TBLTc with Fox 34 and the SPXAM29 kit. One thing I want to change is the rear mech to an XTR Shadow Plus. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the 142x12 and teh XTR RD in the direct mount option yet?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    I'm close to pulling the trigger on an TBLTc with Fox 34 and the SPXAM29 kit. One thing I want to change is the rear mech to an XTR Shadow Plus. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the 142x12 and teh XTR RD in the direct mount option yet?
    The RDs are Direct mount out the box if I'm not mistaken. The direct mount eliminated the B link, so you just take that off and you have a direct mount RD.

You need to check with SC and see if they have Direct mount hangers yet that you can buy.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

I read that the RDs where a rolling change this year so I weren't sure if i could actually get one yet. As to SC, I have emailed them so see if the hanger is available.

SC responded by email stating that the XTR direct mount is expected to become available in August. I'm not sure if they mean the hanger or if the actual XTR mech from Shimano will not be available until then. I'm assuming the latter.

So for now if this weekend's demo of the TBLTc works out, I'll order the standard SPXAM build with the XT rear mech and then upgrade to XTR direct mount later in the year. This works as I can use the XT on another bike that I'll be converting to 10 speed at somepoint.
    Last edited by TheNormsk; 07-06-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    You need to check with SC and see if they have Direct mount hangers yet that you can buy.
    The direct mount hangers for the LTc are listed on the SC small parts web site.

mtbr member
    Rockshox Sektor= Pike + Revelation, so to speak
    I'm aware of the Sektor fork and what it is, but I didn't hear any news about SRAM offering a 2013 Sektor 140mm 29er fork, it's always been a 26er, and the only offering I know of for "All-Mountain" and big travel is the Revelation fork.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by neveo View Post
    yeeessss, my black xl carbon just arrived this morning after ordering on April 2, its being built tomorrow. I'm stoked like a lil kid at xmas. looking forward to riding this weekend so far build is as follows

2013 xl tallboy ltc
    2013 fox 34 talas ctd
    2013 fox float ctd shock
    thompson x4 stem
    chris king bottom bracket and head set
    formula r1 brakes and 180 rotors f&r
    industry nine enduro hubs , arch rims, schwalbe nobby nic's tubeless
    easton havoc bars
    xx shifters, cranks,cassette,derailleurs

need to figure on a seat post , have few days to decide but like the kronolog and its price over the fox
    picked it up today, went with the kronolog at a great price and ditched my eggbeaters 4ti for some xtr trails. bike weighed a tad under 27, unfortunately battling the flu so i won't be able to take it on the trails for at least a day... will post pictures tomorrow

aka bOb
    picked it up today, went with the kronolog at a great price and ditched my eggbeaters 4ti for some xtr trails. bike weighed a tad under 27, unfortunately battling the flu so i won't be able to take it on the trails for at least a day... will post pictures tomorrow
    Soooo did you order the frame and fork only or a complete? Just curious if frame only are shipping yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Soooo did you order the frame and fork only or a complete? Just curious if frame only are shipping yet.
    It was an xl frame order from August 2

mtbr member

New Build Medium Frameset and Fork.....

Just finished build today. Bought it as a frame and fork....dealer ordered complete to get it for me and deconstructed it to the frame/fork set.

Medium Frame
    E.13 wheels - Feel GREAT, but I am not a fan of the i9 hub sound and these have that but I will live with it if I can't fold them!
    E.13 xcx Crankset and BB
    MRP Guide
    Hope Evo Race Brakes - Love them as much or more than the XTR's on my Remedy 9.9, I out them on my Specialized SX too!
    Shimano Zee rear derailleur and shifter.....Shifts ultra smooth, but shifter is too big for me, gonna swap to an xtr.
    Easton 35mm stem, I am going to go to a 50mm for now...
    KS Lev Dropper, on all my bikes except for my Guru roadie and my Session 9.9 (but I want to put one on there!!)
    Orange Straitline AMP pedals will be here tomorrow.....

So fart I have hucked a few hillsides and pedaled it hard......VPP is GOOD STUFF, I am a believer in the TREK ABP Full Floaters but this has me stoked to ride it hard, it will get dirty tomorrow and I will put it a 20+ miler at Brown County Sunday, so more review to come!

One last thing, I am putting a CC DBAir on this as soon as CC has the 51mm available, Eric told me yesterday it will be out SOON!

Hito
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-sctallboyltcsmall.jpg  

b a n n e d
    That's a nice build. First set of e13 wheels and crank's I've seen in the wild. I'm curious about the brakes . . . looks like X2s?

mtbr member

Yes the Hope Race X2 EVO Brakes....

Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    That's a nice build. First set of e13 wheels and crank's I've seen in the wild. I'm curious about the brakes . . . looks like X2s?
    Correct on the Brakes and the Wheels are great so far......hucked a few hills and seriously this bike feels like a 26" bike as far as flickability....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-racex2.jpg  

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post
    . . . this bike feels like a 26" bike as far as flickability....
    My exact thoughts when I demo'd one.

I'm curious to hear about your long-term experiences with the X2's. I have an M4 (f) / X2 (r) combo right now on my Blur with 183mm rotors and speaking from experience, there is no way I'd feel comfortable running an X2 out front, let alone out front on a 29er.

mtbr member

Frame - XL
    Wow, the XL really looks well proportioned. Not sure if it's the deep dish wheels, but it almost looks like a 26" in those pics.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Hito

That is a sick bike. Where did you get it at?

Rock Gardener
    Sep 2005

Sea Bright Blue LT w/ SPX kit

Only two rides so far, but it's everything I have expected!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-005.jpg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-007.jpg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Nice!

That's the first Blue LTa that I have seen. Looks really sweet. Congratulations! Yesterday my LBS told me my LTc frame should be here on the 12th. I am pumped but don't want to get my hopes up too high just in case I get a phone call telling me that the arrival date has been pushed back.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    That is a sick bike. Where did you get it at?
    frameset from Reser Bicycle Outfitters Newport KY, a suburb of Cincinnati and parts from BTI.
    Thanks!

BIGME
    I have been quiet on this forum for a while, but after another kick ass ride tonight I thought everyone should know "this is the bike you are looking for'. I wouldn't dare even put a picture of it now, as it has been beat to hell, but I didn't buy it to look at it (even though I am a sucker for bike porn). Hope everyone else is as happy as I am. I know it's early in our relationship, but I think I love this bike. I won't tell it that though because then it will think I am a nice guy and we all know how that goes.
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

mtbr member
    That blue LT looks awesome!

Walked into the shop where I purchased mine for some grease and they were in the process of building up a super trick XTR kit LT with CCCP - in purple and yellow. You wouldn't need lights to night ride the thing. Anyhow hope everyone is loving their new ride, they seem to certainly be worth the wait.
    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

banned
    Oct 2004

Walked into the shop where I purchased mine for some grease and they were in the process of building up a super trick XTR kit LT with CCCP - in purple and yellow. You wouldn't need lights to night ride the thing. Anyhow hope everyone is loving their new ride, they seem to certainly be worth the wait.
    I'm assuming the purple and yellow is on an aluminum frame? ...plz say it's carbon ...

mtbr member

TB LTc

Still tinkering with the LTc, not quite as plush as the Bandit 29, but loving the weight savings and how well it climbs. Prolly going back to a double crank. Enve's are not as uncomfortably stiff as some have said. Love the quick acceleration. More after a few more rides...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0259.jpg  

Last edited by highrustler; 07-13-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Does anyone have the weight of the wheelset on the SPX build? I demoed one and the rear wheel with tire and cassette was 2.5kg which was .5kg heavier than my current bike. I'd like to know how much of this due to the tire. Assuming the cassettes are about the same weight, that 1/2 kilo is in the wheel and tire somewhere and I am wondering where.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Go back and get a picture! Even though I ended up with a TBc, I was considering the TBLTa in purple with white lettering.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    Still tinkering with the new machine, not as plush as my Bandit 29, but loving the weight savings and how well it climbs.
    Debadged Enve rims or those Chinese carbon rims?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Debadged Enve rims or those Chinese carbon rims?
    Enve's with decals removed, Hadley hubs, DT aerolites.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    Enve's with decals removed, Hadley hubs, DT aerolites.
    KaCHING! $200 in spokes alone! Nicely done!

How much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking?

mtbr member
    , what size frame?

mtbr member
    KaCHING! $200 in spokes alone! Nicely done!

How much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking?
    Helps to pay wholesale, I wouldn't pay retail for this wheelset. Geared up 170 lbs.

mtbr member
    ...plz say it's carbon ...
    Yep it was an AL... I was surprised that someone would drop that kind of coin on the AL frame as well. xtr/chris king/ other custom pices kit... so it looks like CCCP frames only are showing up now as well. I didn't snap a pic as I wasn't sure how the owner would feel about someone posting a picture of his bike online, but then again anyone ridding a gloss purple and yellow bike with full xtr dosn't mind a bit of attention.

mtbr member
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342381814.921762.jpgTallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342381853.042136.jpg

mtbr member
    yeeessss, my black xl carbon just arrived this morning after ordering on April 2, its being built tomorrow. I'm stoked like a lil kid at xmas. looking forward to riding this weekend so far build is as follows

2013 xl tallboy ltc
    2013 fox 34 talas ctd
    2013 fox float ctd shock
    thompson x4 stem
    chris king bottom bracket and head set
    formula r1 brakes and 180 rotors f&r
    industry nine enduro hubs , arch rims, schwalbe nobby nic's tubeless
    easton havoc bars
    xx shifters, cranks,cassette,derailleurs

need to figure on a seat post , have few days to decide but like the kronolog and its price over the fox
    Here are some shots , i went with the Kronolog and demoing some saddles , this weekend trying a wtb laser
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342382192.789274.jpgAttachment 710465
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342382158.965392.jpg  

Last edited by neveo; 07-15-2012 at 09:37 PM.

I ordered the TBLTc over the weekend with SPXAM kit, +k/trail adjust shock and Fox 34 Float.

Wanted the matt carbon finish but was told availability is out into September so I went with yellow. Due August 10. Still quite a wait but at least I'll be riding before the snow flies in the high mountains.

I'm considering getting a lighter XC wheel/tire set for weekday rides which are mostly cross country and keeping the stock i23/Ardents for mountain rides. As an FYI I weigh about 170 kitted up and I am light on wheels (I'm still riding a 13 year old wheelset of Hope/DT Revolution/Mavic X317 rims on the terrain that I will subject the Ardents too) and our trails are mostly dry, dusty and rocky.

The other option is to sell the stock wheels and build up a do it all wheelset with Chinese carbon hoops.

Anyone done this? What wheels did you get?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    I ordered the TBLTc over the weekend with SPXAM kit, +k/trail adjust shock and Fox 34 Float.

Wanted the matt carbon finish but was told availability is out into September so I went with yellow. Due August 10. Still quite a wait but at least I'll be riding before the snow flies in the high mountains.

I'm considering getting a lighter XC wheel/tire set for weekday rides which are mostly cross country and keeping the stock i23/Ardents for mountain rides. As an FYI I weigh about 170 kitted up and I am light on wheels (I'm still riding a 13 year old wheelset of Hope/DT Revolution/Mavic X317 rims on the terrain that I will subject the Ardents too) and our trails are mostly dry, dusty and rocky.

The other option is to sell the stock wheels and build up a do it all wheelset with Chinese carbon hoops.

Anyone done this? What wheels did you get?
    I'm running the light-bicycle.com wide carbon rims with Chris King hubs and Bontrager Rhythm Strip tubeless setup, and I couldn't be happier with them. Incredible bang for the buck. Their prebuilt wheel sets are also an absolute steal at ~$550. I had Mike C. build my wheels.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast