Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    BIGME
    I did make it out again but not back up to the high country. I made it to Red Hills (about 25 miles from my house) last night from about 9:00 to 11:00 or so (had to try out the new night gear ). It's more of a super enduro, straight up and down for 100 to 300 ft of elevation covered in nasty rocks and hard no matter what your doing, rather than the climb for a few thousand feet and bomb down (which is more like Saturday's ride was). Its beginning to feel like it's "My Bike". I really like climbing on this bike. and I was probably way too comfortable and cruising at speeds I had no business at night, by myself, but it was just too much damn fun. I didn't get home and have everything put away until Midnight. I had to be up at 4:30 this morning. ( i would do it all again too). Bike on the Mind

As far as Bruce goes, i do not believe he is on here. He just got on to FB and by his own admission he's not all that computer savvy, but damn can that guy ride.

So, unless I have something really groundbreaking to report, I think I will quiet down until everyone else's bikes start to come in. It will be more fun when we are all comparing. Just thought I would share in my childish giddiness, but I don't want that to cross that line where it may be confused with gloating or hijacking a thread that I am still very exited about. If you have any direct questions I will share what little I know (with an emphasis on "little"), but I won't bore you with anymore local ride reports. (the hight sierra one's may still end up on here though).

I really look forward to when more bikes start showing up on here.
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

mtbr member
    BIGME - Great reviews !!! Please keep them coming Bro !!! PS - Could you post your friends take on the S/C TallBoy LT, being he's not on mtbr.com ... Thanks again
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

BIGME
    I wouldn't put a lot of stock in my reviews, but you can click on the link a view my
    official 2 pesos

mtbr member
    Here's a review of an xl back/orange crab bone. First time I've seen an XL in a pic, yay!

Review: Santa Cruz Tallboy LT 29er Mountain Bike - Bike Rumor

mtbr member
    I have a BLT2 and my "back yard" have some twisty trail. Short, twisty, step trails what do you think of the LT on that type of terrain?? I have some difficulty to trade the BLT2 is a fantastic bike.

This is my "back yard" the camera don't show the terrain, but is slippery, with roots, some rocks and step.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    I have a BLT2 and my "back yard" have some twisty trail. Short, twisty, step trails what do you think of the LT on that type of terrain?? I have some difficulty to trade the BLT2 is a fantastic bike.

This is my "back yard" the camera don't show the terrain, but is slippery, with roots, some rocks and step.

If I'm not mistaken, 650B fits on the BLT2 so that might be a great compromise for you.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post

The CO Front Range demo was at the bottom of this trail (having probs embedding so just a linky):
    Apex Park 2 - Golden, Colorado - YouTube
    I climbed and down'd exactly the same distances as this vid. The tech/chunder gave a great feel for what the TBLTc can do, and my review was based on this session.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Thanks, maybe I'll have one to test.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I am picking up my XL Gulf Blue/Orange Ram Kit Tallboy LT tomorrow. I cannot wait to take it for long stretches this weekend. I will update with pics and my initial thoughts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense29 View Post
    I am picking up my XL Gulf Blue/Orange Ram Kit Tallboy LT tomorrow. I cannot wait to take it for long stretches this weekend. I will update with pics and my initial thoughts.
    Looking forward to seeing the Gulf blue in XL

IoC
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    If you're buying it from Carolina Fatz, I got a peek at it yesterday and it's a sweet looking ride. Congrats.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Can you post up some pictures? It's hard to judge the color on the web site.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    iPhone pics of frame. Bike will be ready around 4 and I'll post more then. They also had a Black for me to choose from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0303.jpeg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0302.jpeg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0304.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Can you post up some pictures? It's hard to judge the color on the web site.
    Indoor lighting gives the blue no justice. It is pretty sharp in natural light.

mtbr member
    thanks for the pics. from those pictures id have gone with the black, but I bet that blue looks a lot better in real life. lookin forward to fully built up pics and spec list.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Indoor lighting gives the blue no justice. It is pretty sharp in natural light.
    Thanks for the pictures.

If you get a chance, maybe get an outdoor one of the blue.
    I hate website color shots.

The picture on Specialized doesn't do the candy red on my Stumpy any justice either and I'd4 think it'd be hard to make candy red look like ****, but Spec managed to.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

b a n n e d
    I've seen the "Blue" in person and I tell you what, if you told me it was white I'd have believed you. Its such a pale color that its almost non-existent. This is not to say, however, that it doesn't look good because in my opinion, it looks better than the grey.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    One carbon are coming to Portugal !!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just got the LT home. Thanks to the guys at Speedgoat for the hookup and great service. I won't try to comment on the ride until later this weekend but I will say built up she is a beauty. The Ram Kit is perfect for my needs and come with many good parts. Actually I did not see anything I have to change right away. Only thing we did was throw on my pedals and converted it to tubeless. Last pic is of the just retired ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0308.jpeg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0312.jpeg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0316.jpeg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0329.jpeg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-intense.jpg  

BIGME
    I said I wouldn't bring up anymore local rides, but I made it up to the sierra's again after work. Rode one of my favorite traidls 3x. All I can say is F-Yeah. I made 2 nasty spots clean for the first time ever. I have tried them over and over on 3 previous bikes and I cleaned them for the first time tonight. One of which was a stupid sharp switchback with around a 2 ft drop in the turn before you can straighten out. (not my specialty, and i have went OTB a few times before and do not particularly like it).

Then to top it off each climb out was done in the big chain ring. Granted, i was pushing pretty hard, but it was sustainable for 30 min at a time.

Including last weekends ride, I have put about 50 miles and about 8000 ft of climbing.

I have previously voiced my concern on the front tire, but it did alright the last two rides, but I have it aired down stupid low. So low that every time i squeeze the tire, I know it's probably a bad idea, but it has gripped reasonably well since, (still think I am going to change it though). I have also questioned the big chain ring (which I wacked about 10x tonight, but I also used it to climb the fire road 3x tonight. Last year on my remedy, I would try to make it in the 2nd ring and could never make the whole climb without hitting the small ring. 3x tonight in the 3rd ring. having a hard time getting my head around that (could be the tire i don't like .

I forgot the camera tonight and my phone stinks so maybe pics next time.

Sorry for blabbering, just way too excited. wish I could ride this weekend, but I have to be a husband, father, and Son.

Until next time.
    Last edited by BIGME; 05-12-2012 at 06:56 AM.

mtbr member
    After a hoping all week for my LBS to call saying my LT had come in, I dropped in yesterday. Not only was it not there, but they were not sure if it had even shipped yet. So much for doing the whole CCCP thing to get it quickly. Bought a 2012 reverb post to cure the desire for an immediate upgrade.

Anyhow the wait continues - in the meantime digging the PICS and ride reports from the bikes already in. The light blue looks sweet. Keep the pics and ride reports coming.
    Scooter Riding Girl Scout

mtbr member
    Just got the LT home. Thanks to the guys at Speedgoat for the hookup and great service. I won't try to comment on the ride until later this weekend but I will say built up she is a beauty. The Ram Kit is perfect for my needs and come with many good parts. Actually I did not see anything I have to change right away. Only thing we did was throw on my pedals and converted it to tubeless. Last pic is of the just retired ride.
    you better change your user name

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hey guys. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a tallboy, but I can't decide which one. The Tallboy C or the LTc. I'm only allowed one bike, which of the two is the most versatile? For those who own/have ridden both. If you had your choice, which way would you go and why? I know this might sound like a really vague question, but I've been through the pros and cons on each in my own head for far too long. I need a new perspective. Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    Hey guys. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a tallboy, but I can't decide which one. The Tallboy C or the LTc. I'm only allowed one bike, which of the two is the most versatile? For those who own/have ridden both. If you had your choice, which way would you go and why? I know this might sound like a really vague question, but I've been through the pros and cons on each in my own head for far too long. I need a new perspective. Thanks guys.
    You need to give a little more info. Where do you ride? What kind of riding do you mostly do? XC or AM?

I own a regular Tallboy carbon medium. It is a very capable bike and I love it.
    I have tested a LTc medium this past weekend. Very, very nice bike
    Honestly, i couldnt feel that much of a difference while climbing with the 140 fork. I use on steep climbs Talas at 95 on my TB.
    The LT is very playfull, the chain stays are a bit longer, but again, hardly noticable difference. The good thing if you are shorter - Stand over hight on LT is lower.
    Another + -> Higher bottom bracket. Regular TB suffers from pedal stirkes.
    And of course - 135mm travel in the back = more capable on DH.

But, the LT is going to be heavier, specially the 140mm fork, and also the frame.

If I have to choose, I would peobably get the LT.
    Last edited by jazzanova; 05-15-2012 at 12:07 PM.

BIGME
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    Probably going to be hard to get unbiased recomendations in the LT ownersthread. That being said LT all the way

Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast