Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Ohhhhhh, I just got mine.....and I can't stop touching it. So sexyyyyyyy. Pics once I build her up!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Any idea on what the final build weight is?
    The black and red is awesome looking!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    Any idea on what the final build weight is?
    The black and red is awesome looking!
    I didn't weigh it personally, but the lbs said it was just under 30 lbs, with the reverb and set up tubeless. I was thinking of doing a lighter wheel set, but am going to wait a bit and see if a 142mm rear becomes available for the AL model.

Also the spec list on line lists the SPX as having a Volt Team saddle with Ti rails, mine showed up with the race (cro-moly) not that it really matters, I could eat two less french fries a year and lose the 60g difference

Got a first ride in, all I can say is wow, I think it climbs as well as my old hifi did, and the descents are in a whole different league.
    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

mtbr member
    Is your bike an XL?
    I don't think I would swap those wheels if you got the DT350 hubs. The DT350s hub shells are heavier than the DT240s but have the same internals with I think a taller flange, and the WTB i23s are about the same weight as Flows with a similar width. Other than going with an XC or carbon rim they are probably not worth swapping.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1338061833.914162.jpg
    Finally got her dirty. First ride so took it easy and adjusted. Unfortunately didn't pack my shock pump as I need a bit more on the rear and front. Frame is XL with spx am kit and kronolog seat post (which worked flawlessly *fingers crossed*). All I can say is wow! Coming from a Chameleon that was at least 5 lbs heavier I noticed this thing climbs like crazy. Did great on a wet rocky short ups and downs here in PA. Can't wait to get into better shape and really push it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Oh and I did the 36star ratchet upgrade to the DT hub and highly recommend it. Takes 5min and cost about 45bucks with the DT grease.

b a n n e d
    I am SO patiently waiting for a friggin' yellow carbon to show up. It is (IMO) the best finish of all the LT's
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just wondering if anyone has a SPX am kit TBLT yet? Wondering if the XT shifters and brakes are I-Spec or not.
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has a SPX am kit TBLT yet? Wondering if the XT shifters and brakes are I-Spec or not.
    At least a few of the bikes shown in this thread are spx kit, I don't think the group is i-spec, but there is a close up photo of my brake,shifters, and reverb mount a few posts up.
    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowBusa View Post
    At least a few of the bikes shown in this thread are spx kit, I don't think the group is i-spec, but there is a close up photo of my brake,shifters, and reverb mount a few posts up.
    Wrong angle for me to tell, does the top of your shifter pod have a hole in it where you could add the ISpce mount?
    Tantrum incoming
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI

BIGME

High Sierra Update

The LT does pretty darn good in the Snow. Last time we were able to come back down the hill and stay out of it. this time there was no such luck. It was either ride snow or go home. I laughed the whole way down. The only friends we had on the trail got there a little before us. Tracks looked pretty fresh. Had a blast. I love this bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I really love my new bike.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Hey Noah, did you get a carbon or Al frame?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I really love my new bike.
    This shot while cool is such a tease.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    Hey Noah, did you get a carbon or Al frame?
    AL. Carbon doesn't come in White (err, Blue, or whatever color it is . . . it looks white to me).
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by morandi View Post
    This shot while cool is such a tease.
    Better?
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    AL. Carbon doesn't come in White (err, Blue, or whatever color it is . . . it looks white to me).
    Eagle eyes.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Hey Noah, compare it with the BLT2.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Better?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    Hey Noah, compare it with the BLT2.
    Well, I'll say there hasn't been much of a learning curve. I swapped over several parts from my LT2 - cockpit, brakes, cranks, drivetrain, etc. so I felt very "at home" on the first ride. This isn't my first 29er, but my last and only other one was a hardtail Gary Fisher X-cal from/in about 2006. This bike feels nothing like that obviously.

The suspension's action feels roughly the same as the LT2, but it feels like it's got a softer bottom on the new bike. The TBLTc keeps speed much better, I feel like I can take rougher lines without worrying about killing momentum. On really steep and rough stuff I feel a bit more over the front on the TBLTc, but I need to sort out my suspension settings. There is much more traction available on rough climbs, it's just a matter of whether or not you've got the gas - I have yet to spin out or get really stuffed on a steep climb. On some ledgey stuff and when the trail is very rutted out I feel like I'm clipping the front tire on trailside obstacles and getting a little twisted, it's best to just get a little more "plowy" with the terrain. On fast and wide-open trail the new TBLTc just flies and feels planted like a DH bike. I managed to Strava KOM a tough descent last night even though I didn't feel particularly smooth. The BB is a bit lower than the LT2, and I'm clipping pedals and smacking the snot out of my chainguide's skid pretty frequently - but that's just a matter of adapting to the geometry. The cornering benefits outweigh the clearance issues in my book.

On the whole I'm absolutely enamored with my new ride. I can't think of a better bike to race Enduros on - and that was the whole impetus for the change.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Well, I'll say there hasn't been much of a learning curve. I swapped over several parts from my LT2 - cockpit, brakes, cranks, drivetrain, etc. so I felt very "at home" on the first ride. This isn't my first 29er, but my last and only other one was a hardtail Gary Fisher X-cal from/in about 2006. This bike feels nothing like that obviously.

The suspension's action feels roughly the same as the LT2, but it feels like it's got a softer bottom on the new bike. The TBLTc keeps speed much better, I feel like I can take rougher lines without worrying about killing momentum. On really steep and rough stuff I feel a bit more over the front on the TBLTc, but I need to sort out my suspension settings. There is much more traction available on rough climbs, it's just a matter of whether or not you've got the gas - I have yet to spin out or get really stuffed on a steep climb. On some ledgey stuff and when the trail is very rutted out I feel like I'm clipping the front tire on trailside obstacles and getting a little twisted, it's best to just get a little more "plowy" with the terrain. On fast and wide-open trail the new TBLTc just flies and feels planted like a DH bike. I managed to Strava KOM a tough descent last night even though I didn't feel particularly smooth. The BB is a bit lower than the LT2, and I'm clipping pedals and smacking the snot out of my chainguide's skid pretty frequently - but that's just a matter of adapting to the geometry. The cornering benefits outweigh the clearance issues in my book.

On the whole I'm absolutely enamored with my new ride. I can't think of a better bike to race Enduros on - and that was the whole impetus for the change.
    Noah,
    Can you do a quick write-up on the Loop 29er 140mm? Does it come w/ a 20mm TA or only a 15mm QR? I'm trying to steer clear of the Fox 34 for when I build mine, but may not be able to for stiffness (I'm fatter than you and like to plow ).
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Better?
    WTF? That's a white carbon LT -- dammit, I want one.. how did you get that?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    Paint......a good shop can sort that for you, I know one here that offers clear coats flat/gloss on carbon bikes

mtbr member
    Nope, that's AL.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Better?
    This bike here is not an aluminum bike. Its the carbon bike in white, maybe he got it painted somewhere...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Nope, that's AL.
    It's carbon -- check the shock links

mtbr member
    It's carbon -- check the shock links

Look at the hole in the drive-side chainstay - just in front of the rear axle. It's AL.

Carbon front/AL rear maybe?

mtbr member
    Thanks Noah, and for this trails

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PVOxFysEHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TBLTc or BLT2 ?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Noah,
    Can you do a quick write-up on the Loop 29er 140mm? Does it come w/ a 20mm TA or only a 15mm QR? I'm trying to steer clear of the Fox 34 for when I build mine, but may not be able to for stiffness (I'm fatter than you and like to plow ).
    Sure, but be forewarned that I'm the marketing dude for MRP and White Brothers - so I'm definitely biased!

The LOOP is only offered in 15mm - but it's not your typical 15mm axle. Here is a good summary of why....

I very familiar with the LOOP's excellent ride qualities, I've been on the 26" version for ~15 months. The 29er I'm now riding feels very much the same in terms of stiffness, and I've never before considered it lacking in that department. The bigger wheel definitely introduces more wheel flex into the equation, and it's detectable, but I can't say say I feel the fork flexing under normal use but the wheel "twang" is there. I should be getting carbon hoops soon which should help, their wider rim profile should help the tire squirm too. I haven't ridden the new Fox 34 - so I can't compare, and I'm not sure that'd be prudent anyway.
    Last edited by NoahColorado; 05-29-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Sure, but be forewarned that I'm the marketing dude for MRP and White Brothers - so I'm definitely biased!

The LOOP is only offered in 15mm - but it's not your typical 15mm axle. Here is a good summary of why....

I very familiar with the LOOP's excellent ride qualities, I've been on the 26" version for ~15 months. The 29er I'm now riding feels very much the same in terms of stiffness, and I've never before considered it lacking in that department. The bigger wheel definitely introduces more wheel flex into the equation, and it's detectable, but I can't say say I feel the fork flexing under normal use but the wheel "twang" is there. I should be getting carbon hoops soon which should help, their wider rim profile should help the tire squirm too. I haven't ridden the new Fox 34 - so I can't compare, and I'm not sure that'd be prudent anyway.
    Fair enough, but what you've written...nothing in there to really indicate bias...so all good. Thanks! When time comes, maybe I should just pop over to GJT for a visit?
    I know about the WB's wedge type of axle clamp.
    Are you building a set of the Nancy carbon rims from Light-bicycle.com? If so, post your feedback on those! They're totally on my scope for my TBLTc build this winter.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Here's mine - I'm in love.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Nice Noah! So did you get them to do the custom color program just for you or are serfs like us going to be able to get it in that color? Also, is that the NN 2.25 or 2.35 in the rear? Is the tire clearance the same as on the old Tallboy?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    Nice Noah! So did you get them to do the custom color program just for you or are serfs like us going to be able to get it in that color? Also, is that the NN 2.25 or 2.35 in the rear? Is the tire clearance the same as on the old Tallboy?
    Thanks, like I said - I love it! I imagine it was just a paint sample, so I don't think there are or will be anymore in white.

The rear tire is NN 2.35 - I have lots of clearance all the way around it (aluminum rear). About a pinky's worth.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Here's mine - I'm in love.
    NICE bike Noah!
    - What is your current wheel-build?

Thanks,
    Dave

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT View Post
    NICE bike Noah!
    - What is your current wheel-build?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Thanks man. Currently I've got some pre-built Halo wheels on there, the Halo 29r (XCD hubs and 29r rims). I'm gonna get a nice set of Reynolds carbon wheels, but I'll be saving those for special days and races. I'm planning do most of the Mountain States Cup Super-Ds and several Colorado and Utah enduros (including The Whole Enchilada) on this bike.

....and a few DH races on a V10 carbon (coming soon).
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks Noah. Planning on running 2.25s on both ends so that's good. So why the aluminum rear?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Wife got hers!

Arrived last Friday, got her built up with some hand picked parts with an emphasis on light weight, yet cost conscious, as the Mrs. does not charge overly hard but really liked the idea of more travel than her old Tallboy. As the bike sits in the pic above, exactly 26.45 lbs, I've since lost the chain plate/outer ring and will swap the post over to a Easton EC90, she wasn't digging the dropper post. Changes should bring weight down to nearly 25.5 lbs flat.
    My LTc arrives Friday, can't wait!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

^^

Hey big, congrats on yours and your wifes bikes. The Mrs' turned out great! My frame won't be in until mid to late July. The wait is killing me. When she does finally get here and is built up I will post up some pics too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Could you be more specific where in Wisconsin? I used to ride only Kettle Moraine singletracks.
    Thanks

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Are you building a set of the Nancy carbon rims from Light-bicycle.com? If so, post your feedback on those! They're totally on my scope for my TBLTc build this winter.
    I've definitely been checking out that thread periodically! I'm going with Reynolds wheels, they've been excellent on my Blur LT.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

Get out of town!

New to me LTc

Nothing fancy. All XT drivetrain and brakes, Syncros wheels, Chris King BB, Cane Creek 40 headset. I super glued my seat back together but may eventually get a new one.

Overall, LOVING this bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-blurltc.jpg  

"You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

mtbr member
    Why do the wheels look like a 26er and a Fox 150mm fork? Something's off here.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Why do the wheels look like a 26er and a Fox 150mm fork? Something's off here.
    That's because that pic is a Blur LTc. Notice the little support by the rear dropout?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-blur-ltc-32-float-01.jpg  

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    The LBS owner says my TB LTc will be in late Monday. Pick it up Tuesday!
    --Reamer

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Yep! I guess The Tallboy LTc are finally showing up beginning next week. My lbs told I'll have mine by the end of the week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    She's ready to go!
    sorry for the crappy iPhone pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_1892.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    very nice

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    damn, that does look nice! and i had my heart set on a yellow .... hmm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    She's ready to go!
    sorry for the crappy iPhone pic
    That bike looks really outstanding, I went with the Bronsons too on my Tallboy carbon. What do you think about the bike so far? I know you've ridden it.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Got the voice mail that mine was in and ready to go when I got home from work Thursday evening.
    Picked it up from my LBS Friday evening.
    Rode Pemberton yesterday (Sat).
    Riding Whistler trails today (Sun).

Fun bike, a lot different than my old Blur Classic.

I need to get some new tires, the stock Ardents aren't good on our damp rocks.

Also need to play with the set up of the CTD fork.

(pic by the LBS)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast