Page 35 of 116 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack69 View Post
    hey guys. if someone of you is running the rp23 kashima on the tallboy ltc maybe you could tell me which propedal tune (0-1-2) would fit the best the tallboy in the open mode. 3 is for uphills but I tried it with tune 2 and it feels soooo harsh on the down only when hitting it really hard it can work but I tried with 1 and I dont know maybe it is pure imagination but does tune 3 in the uphil mode also change a little bit when changing the 0-1-2 modes??
    0 is the most plush. I run mine in 0 most of the time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
    0 is the most plush. I run mine in 0 most of the time.
    ditto - I've tried 1 and 2 but didn't like the way either felt, 0 feels great and is very plush. There may be a bit of pedalling induced bob, but very little. I'd guess less than 5mm of shock movement. Unless I'm just staring at the shock I can't say I notice it at all. I've kept it at 0 for both uphills and downs, hammering out of the saddle or spinning. Only use 3 if I'm riding on road to the trail head.

mtbr member
    I also use 0 unless doing the road climb to trailhead.

I find the bike is quite sensitive to rear shock pressure. If the shock is 5-10psi too low the bike does not ride well -- back end wallows a bit and generally feels sloppy. If I feel this I will use PP1 until I feel like pumping the shock. It helps.

(coming off single pivot bikes I never found the shock pressure was THAT sensitive.)
    --Reamer

SC Tallboy LTc
    Ventana ECDM 26
    ventana el Ciclon
    Litespeed Classic
    Seven Ti Axion Tandem
    1989 Stumpjumper

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reamer41 View Post
    I also use 0 unless doing the road climb to trailhead.

I find the bike is quite sensitive to rear shock pressure. If the shock is 5-10psi too low the bike does not ride well -- back end wallows a bit and generally feels sloppy. If I feel this I will use PP1 until I feel like pumping the shock. It helps.

(coming off single pivot bikes I never found the shock pressure was THAT sensitive.)
    VPP does have a sweet spot but when you get them dialed in they really shine. 25% sag in the 0 propedal setting is the right place to start.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    since we're talking about the rp23 ive got a question.
    on my tbltc to achieve proper sag im running about 175psi and i weigh 210lbs...
    is this normal?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by murrdogg11 View Post
    since we're talking about the rp23 ive got a question.
    on my tbltc to achieve proper sag im running about 175psi and i weigh 210lbs...
    is this normal?
    Is your propedal set at 3 or 0 or somewhere in between? I weigh about 210 and have mine set at about 208 psi and it's right at 25%. Pumps can be off though. That one good reason to set off of sag not psi.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    This is on "0"....and yes i'm going by sag and i double checked it with another pump.
    I wonder if something is off with my shock, this is obviously very low for my weight.
    When I got the bike new i couldn't even make the suspension move without taking out a bunch of air.

mtbr member
    Here she is at the top of downiesville for her maiden voyage. Nothing like beating the crap out of it for a shake down run ;-) . Now that im home, I need to cut the steer tube, intstall drop post, get the xtr rear der installed, get the Lopes 1X chain guide and send my FRICKN brand new 34 float fork back to bike bling. Doing the fork install we noticed three big gouges out of the paint. I thought oh well, its a bike and its gonna get a beating anyway. My mechanic doing the build, pulled the thing apart and found the top out spring in pieces. After some discussion, it sounds like somebody got a little crazy with the air bottle and overpressureized the fork. Now im pissed. Not only is this thing scratched to crap, but it has a clunk that drove me nuts for 4 days. I would have taken it back immediately, but I was leaving early the next day for tahoe. I called Kerry at bling and told him the story before i left and he said bring it. We shall see.

Other than the fork, this thing was insane. From bombing downiesville to climbing hole in the ground, it was as advertised and way more!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-photo-21-.jpg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-photo-10-.jpg  

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-photo-18-.jpg  

Last edited by av8trinabarrel; 08-19-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Now older but less slow!
    I gave my new baby a baptism of fire today by taking her on the toughest, most technical terrain in Boulder County.

I don't have photos of the really technical stuff as well it's hard to stop when ploughing though boulder fields on 10-15% grades.

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345426096.241495.jpg
    Gratuitous new bike on trail shot.

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345426153.571097.jpg
    First climb was on this awful loose rock. Very tough. Much steeper than the photo looks.

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345426223.839708.jpg

I was rewarded by brilliant blue skies and stunning views.
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345426252.610000.jpg

The continental divide up ahead.
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345426458.975555.jpg

South Saint Vrain river.
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345426501.985445.jpg

Lunch!
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345426541.706509.jpg

Highest point of the ride.
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345426571.871546.jpg

It was a good but tough ride. 25 miles, 4800ft of climbing and descending but it took me 6 hours.

I'll review my first impressions of the bike later on.

Now older but less slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by av8trinabarrel View Post
    Other than the fork, this thing was insane. From bombing downiesville to climbing hole in the ground, it was as advertised and way more!!!!
    I concur. I still need to tweak my suspension but when you get the bike up to speed (>10 mph) it's ability to eat rocks and just keep going is awe inspiring.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Questions for you guys:
    Bout to order up a LTC xl in yellow: Headed to interbike in Sept and will most likely pick up a hellofa deal on a drive train. Im wondering if anyone has any insight as to what is working better on the LTC: 2x10 will for sure be my go to...but do I go XTR or XX.

Also, gonna put some chris king gear on the yellow frame....whatcha think about green hubs? Red? too many choices.

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrindo View Post

Also, gonna put some chris king gear on the yellow frame....whatcha think about green hubs? Red? too many choices.
    Purple!
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I vote for black, but brown is probably a good match. But I'm not a huge fan of crazy color contrasts. I think purple would look gross (no offense). And you could do the new 1x11 by SRAM. I hear King is making stuff for that soon . . .

mtbr member
    1x11=$$$$$$$ Proprietary cranks, chainring, chain, cogs, shifter, derailleur, hub (I think).

I'd go red or black. Black will match whatever you have in the future.

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    I vote for black, but brown is probably a good match. But I'm not a huge fan of crazy color contrasts. I think purple would look gross (no offense). And you could do the new 1x11 by SRAM. I hear King is making stuff for that soon . . .
    No offense taken I don't like fugly colors on bikes either but it is fun to encourage it. I do think Brown would look kinda cool .
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hrindo View Post
    Questions for you guys:
    Bout to order up a LTC xl in yellow: Headed to interbike in Sept and will most likely pick up a hellofa deal on a drive train. Im wondering if anyone has any insight as to what is working better on the LTC: 2x10 will for sure be my go to...but do I go XTR or XX.

I personally like keeping things simple. Black hub, spokes and rims, gold nipple.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass
    12 TallboyC Frame for Sale-Large

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    I gave my new baby a baptism of fire today by taking her on the toughest, most technical terrain in Boulder County.

I don't have photos of the really technical stuff as well it's hard to stop when ploughing though boulder fields on 10-15% grades.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345426096.241495.jpg 
Views:	1112 
Size:	357.9 KB 
ID:	718110
    Gratuitous new bike on trail shot.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345426153.571097.jpg 
Views:	1099 
Size:	364.1 KB 
ID:	718111
    First climb was on this awful loose rock. Very tough. Much steeper than the photo looks.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345426223.839708.jpg 
Views:	1105 
Size:	382.1 KB 
ID:	718112

I was rewarded by brilliant blue skies and stunning views.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345426252.610000.jpg 
Views:	1115 
Size:	215.6 KB 
ID:	718113

The continental divide up ahead.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345426458.975555.jpg 
Views:	1098 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	718114

South Saint Vrain river.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345426501.985445.jpg 
Views:	1166 
Size:	358.0 KB 
ID:	718115

Lunch!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345426541.706509.jpg 
Views:	1154 
Size:	359.5 KB 
ID:	718116

Highest point of the ride.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345426571.871546.jpg 
Views:	1164 
Size:	336.3 KB 
ID:	718117

It was a good but tough ride. 25 miles, 4800ft of climbing and descending but it took me 6 hours.

I'll review my first impressions of the bike later on.
    Thanks for posting, those are inspiring. There is nothing like that here in the Southeast. I miss the west. Nice bike. What were your impression so far?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm leaning towards the LTa, as I'm keen to save that extra $1000 over the carbon.
    My only concern is the qr axle on the alloy. Is this a legit concern, or is it just as stiff as the thru axle on the carbon?

Thanks,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    Sweet ride. Who makes the orange grips? They're a nice touch.
    If you like foam grips ESI CHUNKY makes them in orange too. I have a spare to replace my black one soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    1x11=$$$$$$$ Proprietary cranks, chainring, chain, cogs, shifter, derailleur, hub (I think).
    Ferget 1x11, look into the Canfield 1x10 w/ a 9-36 stack and a 28T front ring. WAY cheaper if you already have 10spd...$400...maybe $450? I'll be checking into this after tax season.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    good insight into the color scheme. def not purple, but brown is an option i havent thought about yet. i like simple, but im just not gonna go black, feeling like it need a bit of something else.

also, i have been interested in the 1x11 since i first heard about it. but, dunno if it will work with the bike. i would like to hear if anyone is using it yet. and....dont forget my crazy cheap deal i will get at interbike for a full groupo xtr = approx $1000 for everything, xt = approx $500

i sold the whole enchalida when i got rid of my last bike, so im starting with gloves and shoes only. the condo is in escrow, just waiting on a check to start shopping!!

Now older but less slow!
    Well call me stupid but I find getting the rear wheel in on this bike difficult.

It's not he bike but the XT shadow plus rear derailleur. Yes with the clutch off I find that the derailleur pushes the wheel over to the opposite stay until the hanger springs around the cassette. So what does this do?

It causes the disk rotor to gouge the chain stay as one struggles to get the wheel in taking a nice finger tip blob off paint off.

AAAAHHHHHGGGGGGG!

Well that's the first damage to the bike so I guess I need not worry about he rest of it now.

mtbr member
    Well call me stupid but I find getting the rear wheel in on this bike difficult.

It's not he bike but the XT shadow plus rear derailleur. Yes with the clutch off I find that the derailleur pushes the wheel over to the opposite stay until the hanger springs around the cassette. So what does this do?

It causes the disk rotor to gouge the chain stay as one struggles to get the wheel in taking a nice finger tip blob off paint off.

AAAAHHHHHGGGGGGG!

Well that's the first damage to the bike so I guess I need not worry about he rest of it now.
    Photos please...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Now older but less slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Photos please...
    Oh if I must....

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345559288.291107.jpg

It "felt" a lot worse when I did it.

mtbr member
    Oh if I must....

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345559288.291107.jpg 
Views:	1096 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	718535

It "felt" a lot worse when I did it.
    Yeah, I bet it felt like getting stabbed! Strange, on the BLTc, there is a piece of metal there protecting the carbon...like they did by the lower pivot of the drive side...but didn't put it on the TBLTc...? Whatev...I wrapped the area w/ that rubber stuff...mainly to keep it clean on the outside. But I guess the inside is just as vulnerable.

Thanks for the pic.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Page 35 of 116 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast