Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brumos View Post
    What do we have here?

For the record, it ain't mine and no I didn't steal it. It's one of the early prototype test bikes. Had an opportunity to ride it for a few minutes.
    So, how was it? It would be nice to hear some non-media reviews.
    Scooter Riding Girl Scout

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Don't know how true this is but what I've heard from my LBS is the price of carbon they use has gone up and so goes the price...

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowBusa View Post
    So, how was it? It would be nice to hear some non-media reviews.
    Maybe you should re-read the thread
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Maybe you should re-read the thread
    I saw your review, was looking for a impression from brumous. Thanks

b a n n e d
    I saw your review, was looking for a impression from brumous. Thanks
    Uhhh, well okay then!

mtbr member
    So, how was it? It would be nice to hear some MORE non-media reviews, other than 007's which was excellent BTW, even though he was first and therefore thinks he has the only one needed.
    Fixed it.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    see my review in the reviews section of this site as well as the intro to the announcement article from early april

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brumos View Post
    What do we have here?

For the record, it ain't mine and no I didn't steal it. It's one of the early prototype test bikes. Had an opportunity to ride it for a few minutes.
    Hmmmm - Looks like the TBLT-A Seb.K was ripping it up on in recent pics ... Before the Official Santa Cruz Press Release of the TallBoyLT-A & TallBoyLT carbon ...
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG 1970 View Post
    Hmmmm - Looks like the TBLT-A Seb.K was ripping it up on in recent pics ...
    Indeed, this is his bike.

As for a review, well i rode it around the parking lot and not on any trails so I can't say but it felt like it'd be a super fun bike to rip on

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Has anyone else noticed that the TB LT & TB TLc package deal prices aren't consistent?

TB LT with Ram29 kit is $3199, frame only is $1999 so build kit cost is $1200.
    TB LTc with Ram29 kit is $4399, frame only is $2699 so build kit cost is $1700.

$500 difference in build kit cost.

TB LT with SPXam29 kit is $4299, frame only is $1999 so build kit cost is $2300.
    TB LTc with SPXam29 kit is $5299, frame only is $2699 so build kit cost is $2600.

$300 difference in build kit cost.

Ref:
    Santa Cruz Bicycles
    Santa Cruz Bicycles

I know the rear hub required is different between the 2 frames (135 vs. 142) but I can't see where the $300-500 difference is.

mtbr member

pricing

Noticed that earlier today as well.

Also-
    If you do the LT-A SPX kit in bike builder with the Revelation 29 RCT3 it shows up correctly at $4299. If you add custom paint it goes up to $4899 not the 600 dollar jump not the 300 the CCCP is supposed to cost.

Chalking up to website error at this point, still waiting on my LT-A with CCCP, confident the LBS will go to bat for me on the price listed on the website when I placed the order $4599, any more expensive and I'd order the carbon.

Workin Hard To Stay Young
    I ordered a Large LTc on April 2 from my lbs. Like others we were told we had to buy a complete bike. My man at the shop is selling me the frame and fox 34 fork, and is using the rest of the kit for another bike he's building. He said mid to late May.

I ordered mine in matte black and orange, but have to say the yellow is growing on me. Not ready to switch the order, but I definitely dig it.

b a n n e d
    The yellow is a great looking bike, but man the White AL with Orange lettering is sweet too. The gunmetal grey on the AL is kinda bland. Didn't see any orange and black carbons though.

mtbr member
    The yellow is a great looking bike, but man the White AL with Orange lettering is sweet too. The gunmetal grey on the AL is kinda bland. Didn't see any orange and black carbons though.

Are those L frames? Seems that every pic of the LT has been a large frame, don't think I've spotted an xl yet... Thanks for the review too, it was great. What I would give to go to sea otter...

Think TB LT owners should have an official anthem. For now, I propose this:

b a n n e d
    The yellow one was definitely a large, and I think the white one was too, just not sure. I demo'd a medium and I ride a medium BlurLT, and the fit was good. They DID have an XL TB-LT available to demo . . . but the line for that was looooong.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    Are those L frames? Seems that every pic of the LT has been a large frame, don't think I've spotted an xl yet...
    I was told by one of the proto testers that there was only the medium & large frames to test.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Did they have an xxl?? Just kidding

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    I was told by one of the proto testers that there was only the medium & large frames to test.
    That might explain why the line was so long!

In all seriousness, when we were there, my buddy asked to demo the XL Tallboy LT and he was told it was available to to sign in for the wait. There were a few other names on the list waiting for the same demo, and at an hour a piece, he opted to run a Nomad instead. So truth be told, never actually SAW the XL frame . . . just told it was available. Kinda seems a bit of a fast turn around to get an XL frame out considering they very recently decided to make one.

Kinda seems a bit of a fast turn around to get an XL frame out considering they very recently decided to make one.
    I thought there was always an XL planned, it is the XXL frame that they are now planning to make.

Santa Cruz Bicycles

mtbr member
    So truth be told, never actually SAW the XL frame . . . just told it was available. Kinda seems a bit of a fast turn around to get an XL frame out considering they very recently decided to make one.
    I think I saw it briefly, but there were like 2 people ahead of me waiting for an XL. Nomad turned out to be a good ride though

b a n n e d
    I thought there was always an XL planned, it is the XXL frame that they are now planning to make.

Santa Cruz Bicycles
    Oh, maybe that's what I was thinking . . . I stand corrected!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Has anyone else noticed that the TB LT & TB TLc package deal prices aren't consistent?

TB LT with Ram29 kit is $3199, frame only is $1999 so build kit cost is $1200.
    TB LTc with Ram29 kit is $4399, frame only is $2699 so build kit cost is $1700.

$500 difference in build kit cost.

TB LT with SPXam29 kit is $4299, frame only is $1999 so build kit cost is $2300.
    TB LTc with SPXam29 kit is $5299, frame only is $2699 so build kit cost is $2600.

$300 difference in build kit cost.

Ref:
    Santa Cruz Bicycles
    Santa Cruz Bicycles

I know the rear hub required is different between the 2 frames (135 vs. 142) but I can't see where the $300-500 difference is.

Sure did notice this. Also noticed that all their carbon prices went up across the board even on the regular TBc. I've been hearing different stories about why but not sure. I do know that SC has nailed the 29er FS so well in carbon that the wait is over a month on them. Could be demand is so high and the way they build their frames in one piece, not like the other companies, probably takes time. IDK, just my 2 cents...

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

oops a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Sure did notice this. Also noticed that all their carbon prices went up across the board even on the regular TBc. I've been hearing different stories about why but not sure. I do know that SC has nailed the 29er FS so well in carbon that the wait is over a month on them. Could be demand is so high and the way they build their frames in one piece, not like the other companies, probably takes time. IDK, just my 2 cents...
    the pricing on the package deal completes when using the CCCP builder had a code glitch, and was tacking an extra $300 onto everything. sorry about that. should be fixed now and showing the correct pricing for everything. good catch thanks to fine forum folk!

as for the carbon prices, EVERYTHING is getting more expensive at the vendor end of things. raw materials are costing more, labor costs are skyrocketing, energy costs likewise. you might notice that several other bike brands also went through some re-pricing, due to the same factors. it's not confined to the bike industry either. global economics at work. sorry about that as well, but it's not nearly as easy to remedy as a code glitch on our bike builder.
    hold my beer...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MtotheF View Post
    the pricing on the package deal completes when using the CCCP builder had a code glitch, and was tacking an extra $300 onto everything. sorry about that. should be fixed now and showing the correct pricing for everything. good catch thanks to fine forum folk!

as for the carbon prices, EVERYTHING is getting more expensive at the vendor end of things. raw materials are costing more, labor costs are skyrocketing, energy costs likewise. you might notice that several other bike brands also went through some re-pricing, due to the same factors. it's not confined to the bike industry either. global economics at work. sorry about that as well, but it's not nearly as easy to remedy as a code glitch on our bike builder.
    sure it is! just drop the prices and dont worry about margins!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    I think I saw it briefly, but there were like 2 people ahead of me waiting for an XL. Nomad turned out to be a good ride though
    - If that was Sat. you may have been behind me. Ha!

I rode the XL with XTR Triple, 34 and Reverb down trail 50 at Ft. Ord. It used to be the opening single track (conga line) for the XC Course. Some fireroad climbing to get to the trail followed by flowy ribbons of mixed dirt/sand singletrack with a couple of sharp turns mixed in with fast approaches. Did I say FAST? NO techy bit's to report on because my local BLM has F'd (don't get me started on this) the fun trails up.

The bike. It pretty much sucked. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Kidding!

LOVED the new shock & fork tech from Fox. REALLY nice. The new ProPedal features actually have distinctly different feels to them in a very good way. Geometry felt great to me, well refined and different from my Tallboy. Of course right?

I did unfortunately have to climb back to Laguna Seca via Barloy Canyon Rd. (Otter road race finishing climb) due to the XC race coming down the singletrack that I wanted to climb back to the track on. I sat and spun the big-ring up all but the last 200m without noticing extra weight or susp. movement. Really impressive.

Upon returning I joked with the fine folks running the demo (great job guy's & gal's!!) about the bike being a gamechanger which IMO was a pretty BIG challenge because the Tallboy is still a rippin' bike. - Everyone smiled and then I said there was one HUGE problem with the bike. I don't want mine at the end of May. I want it now.

This one like all the other SCB's I've owned over all the years will be WELL worth the wait people. I'll enjoy waiting "on Santa Cruz time" with the rest of you....
    Last edited by DMFT; 04-26-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast