Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 5124
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JohnnyG 1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    777
    I own a 2011 S/C TallBoy carbon with Fox 32 Talas 29er fork - I leave it in the 120mm setting ... I can't say enough Great things about this bike ... I have a S/C TallBoy LTc coming ... If, I could only have One bike, I would go 2012 S/C TallBoy LTc all the way !!! No Question !!!
    Last edited by JohnnyG 1970; 05-15-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

  2. #102
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,168
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    Hey guys. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a tallboy, but I can't decide which one. The Tallboy C or the LTc. I'm only allowed one bike, which of the two is the most versatile? For those who own/have ridden both. If you had your choice, which way would you go and why? I know this might sound like a really vague question, but I've been through the pros and cons on each in my own head for far too long. I need a new perspective. Thanks guys.
    Pfff... easy one! Trade-in (return) the chic who'd only let you have one bike, save some moneys and get a LTc and keep your C. Problem solved

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGME View Post
    Probably going to be hard to get unbiased recomendations in the LT ownersthread. That being said LT all the way
    Oh crap! I had the "Tallboy vs. Tallboy LT" thread open and this one in the other tab and mixed them up.

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    You need to give a little more info. Where do you ride? What kind of riding do you mostly do? XC or AM?
    In the past, I mainly rode AM/FR sort of bikes. I enjoyed dropping off big stuff. I haven't been proper riding for about 3 years due to a basketball injury. In that time, I've ridden a few bikes that my friends own which is what convinced me that I'd really like a 29er. I'm no longer interested in riding only big stuff and I'm really glad to be getting away from those heavy bikes. Now, I enjoy a mix of fast and flowy singletrack as well as the more technical/big rocks and root stuff too. This is why the 29er was a no brainer as I'm not doing super tight stuff so I'm not going to miss my 26" wheels.

    Until the LT was announced, I had my heart set on the Tallboy. But then the reports of the LT suggested that it was just as nimble, climbed just as well and had a more plush ride started to give me doubts. By the sounds of it, it comes across as being more of a Tallboy version 2. I guess I'm just trying to find out if that's an accurate claim. I guess since about 80% of my riding will be XC kinda stuff, the Tallboy seems the clear winner. Yet I keep hearing about how the LT does everything the Tallboy does only better, argh, I keep going in circles. Ultimately, I want/enjoy a plush comfortable ride but I still want it to be quick on the flat stuff as well as a good climber. By all accounts the LT seems like it does it all, but I just don't want to make the wrong choice.

    I suppose if I could get more feedback from riders of either what they think the strengths and weaknesses are, it could help me finalise my decision. I'm able to demo a standard Tallboy, but not the LT which makes things a bit harder. Damn you Santa Cruz, why could you have just made the LT strictly an AM bike and made it really heavy and ride like a pig

  4. #104
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,168
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    Oh crap! I had the "Tallboy vs. Tallboy LT" thread open and this one in the other tab and mixed them up.



    In the past, I mainly rode AM/FR sort of bikes. I enjoyed dropping off big stuff. I haven't been proper riding for about 3 years due to a basketball injury. In that time, I've ridden a few bikes that my friends own which is what convinced me that I'd really like a 29er. I'm no longer interested in riding only big stuff and I'm really glad to be getting away from those heavy bikes. Now, I enjoy a mix of fast and flowy singletrack as well as the more technical/big rocks and root stuff too. This is why the 29er was a no brainer as I'm not doing super tight stuff so I'm not going to miss my 26" wheels.

    Until the LT was announced, I had my heart set on the Tallboy. But then the reports of the LT suggested that it was just as nimble, climbed just as well and had a more plush ride started to give me doubts. By the sounds of it, it comes across as being more of a Tallboy version 2. I guess I'm just trying to find out if that's an accurate claim. I guess since about 80% of my riding will be XC kinda stuff, the Tallboy seems the clear winner. Yet I keep hearing about how the LT does everything the Tallboy does only better, argh, I keep going in circles. Ultimately, I want/enjoy a plush comfortable ride but I still want it to be quick on the flat stuff as well as a good climber. By all accounts the LT seems like it does it all, but I just don't want to make the wrong choice.

    I suppose if I could get more feedback from riders of either what they think the strengths and weaknesses are, it could help me finalise my decision. I'm able to demo a standard Tallboy, but not the LT which makes things a bit harder. Damn you Santa Cruz, why could you have just made the LT strictly an AM bike and made it really heavy and ride like a pig
    Man, you only live once, so splurge and get the LTc and make many faces as you "have multiples" in your bike shorts! I'm gonna...this winter! Starting to collect bits now...142 rear King axle, researching a LOT on those cheap carbon rims, checking on the White Bros Loop 29er 140mm fork... Next, research on mixing 9spd 34/22 front rings w/ 10spd 11-36 stack.

  5. #105
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    But, the LT is going to be heavier, specially the 140mm fork, and also the frame.
    I've read in multiple places (launch articles) that the LTc frame is actually lighter than the regular TBc frame.

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jazzanova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    I've read in multiple places (launch articles) that the LTc frame is actually lighter than the regular TBc frame.
    You are right. I checked the SC site and the LT frame should really be a bit lighter.
    Another + for the LT.

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Surfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    808
    One for Portugal


  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    One for Portugal

    which size is it? noooo nice

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Pfff... easy one! Trade-in (return) the chic who'd only let you have one bike, save some moneys and get a LTc and keep your C. Problem solved
    Haha!

    The other thing I was thinking about today was, since it has to be a do-it-all bike, I'll probably be using it about twice a week for an hour each day for small errands around town. Would I be correct in assuming that since they're roughly the same weight and utilize the same VPP suspension, that they would be equal in terms of performance on the road/pavement or would the slacker geometry and 20mm taller fork have a larger effect on pedalling efficiency?

    Sorry if these questions seem dumb/obvious to you guys. I've only ever ridden rather heavy AM bikes in the past. The lightweight 29er world is completely new to me.

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Surfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    808
    Size L

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Heretic Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    One for Portugal

    I really, really would like to stick to my approx $3500 budget, but DAMN that LTC is nice. Someone mentioned that you only live once, and now my crazy ass is considering the LTC. Gotta get a road bike too, so I'm looking at around $6000 all at once. If only I were even remotely as drawn to the aesthetics of the aluminum version. Geez...I completely forgot about tax being added on. $4800 is insanity.

    Got some seeeerious soul-searching to do, haha. Congrats on your new frame brotha!

  12. #112
    BIGME
    Reputation: BIGME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    Haha!

    The other thing I was thinking about today was, since it has to be a do-it-all bike, I'll probably be using it about twice a week for an hour each day for small errands around town. Would I be correct in assuming that since they're roughly the same weight and utilize the same VPP suspension, that they would be equal in terms of performance on the road/pavement or would the slacker geometry and 20mm taller fork have a larger effect on pedalling efficiency?

    Sorry if these questions seem dumb/obvious to you guys. I've only ever ridden rather heavy AM bikes in the past. The lightweight 29er world is completely new to me.
    I wouldn't classify this in the lightweight category. If it's not an xc slayer by any means. If I were going to race in any capacity (which isn't on my bucket list), my LT probably would not be the weapon of choice.

    As far as pavement performance, i don't think that consideration was given in this design. Tire selection will decide this outcome.

    Buy this bike because of the fun factor. It does really well in many different areas; however, I do not belive that it would be seriously competitive in any one strict discipline. It's a 29er with 5" of travel. it's basically a lazy boy with a 10sp cassette that when you pedal it doesn't feel very lazy anymore, but the comfort is still there. Probably a terrible analogy, but it's the best i could come up with at the moment.

    good luck.
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tkul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    611
    sometimes I think to myself:

    Am I scrooge... or do I really have dificulty in spending the hard money earned... or do I get Undersalary...

    Besides that though:
    CONGRATS, GREAT BIKE, HOPE YOU ENJOY!

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Surfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    808
    The bike isn't mine, is a test bike from Pernalonga. I'm thinking trading my BLT for ... BLTc or Tallboy LTc not for now, maybe in the end of the year, maybe.

  15. #115
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    The other thing I was thinking about today was, since it has to be a do-it-all bike, I'll probably be using it about twice a week for an hour each day for small errands around town.
    If you need a commuter/errand bike, buy a used mtn bike HT or something. Do you really want to be locking up a ~$4-6K bike outside of a store?

  16. #116
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    The bike isn't mine, is a test bike from Pernalonga. I'm thinking trading my BLT for ... BLTc or Tallboy LTc not for now, maybe in the end of the year, maybe.
    As soon as carbon framesets are available, I'll be building one up and selling the BLT.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  17. #117
    Franzitioned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    453
    Is that a black/green SL29 in the window? It looks good. Lower-slung than I was expecting. Probably a smaller size, but still.

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reamer41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    736
    I stopped into the LBS and was surprised to see a row of Tallboy LTs on the rack!
    Nice looking rides. I'm waiting for an LTc but it was good to see the bikes on the rack. They are real!
    Adventure Bikes in Gilbert, AZ if anyone needs one.

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    I've been riding my Tallboy LT for a couple of weeks now. And I like it more the more I ride it! It climbs well thanks to the VPP suspension, and is light enough to not feel bulky or heavy while doing so. On the downhills and in the rough it really shines.

    I got the Ram kit, which is a super smoking deal. I've only upgraded the brakes to Shimano Xt so far. I'll probably fit a little wider bar (the Ram kit comes specced with a 688mm truvative bar that feels a little heavy) and a new stem, have ordered a Chronolog seat post, and may change out the Shimano 3 x 10 for an XTR 2x10 crankset. Still works out to a great bike for the money and a great bike regardless of the money!

    I've always been slow on some of the deeply rutted single track downhill trails, but recently found that I am catching up with the wiry little skinny guys with mad skills, if they don't also have a long travel bike.

    Color me impressed!
    +1

    I have the same bike. What made you swap brakes after two weeks. Are the XT Ice that much better? It's like a $350 swap right? If you say its worth it and makes a difference I'll pick up a set for sure.

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense29 View Post
    +1

    I have the same bike. What made you swap brakes after two weeks. Are the XT Ice that much better? It's like a $350 swap right? If you say its worth it and makes a difference I'll pick up a set for sure.
    I have Exilir 7s on my Stumpjumper and hate them, my XT disc brakes from 2000 are better than these.

    I already talked to my shop, IF I order a R kit, he'll swap out the brakes for XT and all I have to pay is the difference in cost.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  21. #121
    WWJR
    Reputation: IH8MUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    459

    LTc coming

    Will be here end of June...

    Black Matte/Carbon XL
    Fox 34 Float fork
    Stans ZTR Arch EX, laced to red i9's
    thompson stem/seatpost
    XTR brakes
    XT everything else



    *should be one badass 29

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,987
    Quote Originally Posted by hullendersauce View Post
    Will be here end of June...

    Black Matte/Carbon XL
    Fox 34 Float fork
    Stans ZTR Arch EX, laced to red i9's
    thompson stem/seatpost
    XTR brakes
    XT everything else



    *should be one badass 29
    Are you SurlyOldManMN on the Legacy forums?
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense29 View Post
    +1

    I have the same bike. What made you swap brakes after two weeks. Are the XT Ice that much better? It's like a $350 swap right? If you say its worth it and makes a difference I'll pick up a set for sure.
    Definitely make the switch. The XT brakes are fantastic. Go with bigger rotors too.

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,987
    Can anyone confirm what hubs come on the Carbon with a R kit?

    Website says XT, but as far as I know, XT doesn't come in a 142 rear.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  25. #125
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Can anyone confirm what hubs come on the Carbon with a R kit?

    Website says XT, but as far as I know, XT doesn't come in a 142 rear.
    DT 350 says MtotheF (and he should know...)
    Tallboy LT pricing

  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,987
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    DT 350 says MtotheF (and he should know...)
    Tallboy LT pricing
    Wonder if the means the front gets one too.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  27. #127
    BIGME
    Reputation: BIGME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    I have given in and put a Nevegal up front. It was a toss up between this and the Ardent 2.4. I am sure it's going to slow me down a little but I am hoping to have some confidence in the front traction area. Lost some Mojo the other night in the high country and I know it's not the bike because it's killing it in so many areas (except steering traction). Good Times . I guess i will be forced to do some more testing. I know, it sucks to have to keep testing your dream bike .
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JohnnyG 1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    777
    BIGME - I run WTB Bronson's 29er Race 2.2 front & rear on my S/C TallBoy carbon ... Setup tubeless on Stan's Flows with ChrisKing ISO hubs- front 15mm LD , rear 135 x 10mm, DT Swiss 10mm thru Axle ... I Love these tires !!! Fast rolling, Great side grip, they wear well, Cheap !!! Side wall can take a beating !!! IMO - One Great all around tire ... I'm gonna run Bronson's on my S/C TallBoy LTc too ...
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

  29. #129
    BIGME
    Reputation: BIGME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    JohnnyG, when the current combo wears out I may be contacting you for some specifics about the Bronsons. Thanks.
    Last edited by BIGME; 05-18-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

  30. #130
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,213
    I've got a Bronson for the rear and a moto for the front and it's been an awesome combo. Both are faster rolling than the high roller / nevegal combo they replaced and have confidence inspiring traction and grip. This is in 26" version but I'd expect the same from 29" if not better.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  31. #131
    BIGME
    Reputation: BIGME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    The Sierra's are open for Business. The Lt is learning it's way around The bike seemed to be more comfortable with the make shift bridge than I did. No easy way to get it up and over that base. Cycling shoes don't help much either. Haven't fell in yet so that's a good thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    203

    Fork Opinions

    I've put money down at my LBS for the Tallboy LTc. I am building from the frame up. I'm debating between the Fox 34 Float or Talas. My brother rides a Niner WFO with the 34 Talas and loves it but I was wondering if the Tallboy LTc needs it? Most of my riding consists of long climbs. Not a lot of up down up down sort of stuff. I would love to hear what everyones thoughts are especially those that have ridden the LT. Thanks

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    100
    I had a Talas on my old bike and only changes the height once when I first got it. On my LT I got the Revelation. Just finished a ride this morning that had an hour climb. Never felt it wanting to wheelie, tracked well and the geo felt good all the way up.
    Tallboy LT

  34. #134
    BIGME
    Reputation: BIGME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by TLD80 View Post
    I've put money down at my LBS for the Tallboy LTc. I am building from the frame up. I'm debating between the Fox 34 Float or Talas. My brother rides a Niner WFO with the 34 Talas and loves it but I was wondering if the Tallboy LTc needs it? Most of my riding consists of long climbs. Not a lot of up down up down sort of stuff. I would love to hear what everyones thoughts are especially those that have ridden the LT. Thanks
    I have a Talas 36 on my Remedy which I use frequently when climbing the steep stuff (I could not climb these trails with the original 36 float that was on the bike). Now I am climbing the same exact trails on the TBLT with the Revelation and haven't had any issues. I honestly think if the front end was dropped, that you would hit your pedals on everything. (I hit quite a bit as it is). I am really happy with the Revelation so far, but if i would have had the coin I would have happily taken possession of a 34 float though.

    Good luck
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Znarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,043
    Not an TB LT I ride.
    But my Stumpjumper 29er FSR has the same amount of travel front and back and I definitely donīt need a travel adjustable fork.

    On my heckler with a 160mm Talas I used the TALAS all the time.

    Not at all on the 29er and yet it climbs AND descends a lot more comfortable.


    Youīll probably not miss it. It is more fun too, since it is less fiddly. You donīt need to adjust anything. Just rip =)

    I am trying to find all kinds of excuses NOT to get rid of my Stumpjumper 29er and get a Tallboy LTc.

    It really canīt be much better, can it?
    Santa Cruz bikes are just so nice.


    Greetings Znarf

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    Not an TB LT I ride.
    But my Stumpjumper 29er FSR has the same amount of travel front and back and I definitely donīt need a travel adjustable fork.

    On my heckler with a 160mm Talas I used the TALAS all the time.

    Not at all on the 29er and yet it climbs AND descends a lot more comfortable.


    Youīll probably not miss it. It is more fun too, since it is less fiddly. You donīt need to adjust anything. Just rip =)

    I am trying to find all kinds of excuses NOT to get rid of my Stumpjumper 29er and get a Tallboy LTc.

    It really canīt be much better, can it?
    Santa Cruz bikes are just so nice.


    Greetings Znarf
    I'm in the same boat. I don't like the fact I cant upgrade my shock so the SJ is gone. Just need to test ride a TBLT. TB and a Sipder 29 to decide which.


    Any of you TBLT owners ride a TB before? How efficient would you say the TBLT is compared to the TB for climbing?
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Znarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,043
    Well,
    that is pretty astonishing. That is my exact gripe.
    I donīt really like the Triad. Blew one already, got a new one, no charge.

    I actually have an RP23 with a scratched stanchion - I might send it to a suspension tuning company after this season and let them make a frankenshock out of the special-mount TRIAD and the RP23 and have that one PUSHED.

    Last season I tried some lift assisted riding and am STOKED!
    Been an avid mountainbiker for 15 years. Love technical riding. Never had tried lift assisted riding before though.

    The 29er Stumpjumper was surprisingly good for resort riding. But obviously not ideal.
    I am now thinking of adding a proper bikepark bike to my quiver (which consists of the do-it-all 29er Stumpjumper and a beater bike for commuting actually)
    OR
    getting a Tallboy LTc and a Fox 34 for 2013.

    I am thinking that a decent value freeride bike might be better value. Over here in Germany a Tallboy LT frame is much more expensive then a complete and really good freeride bike with a Boxxer R2C2, DHX RC2 and even a really, really nice aluminum frame.

    If Iīd break one of my bikes then, Iīd still have a second one.

    I should then ride the hell out of my (2011) Stumpjumper and replace it with a reiteration of the Tallboy LT in 3-5 years.

    Law of diminishing returns. Probably.
    But DAMN is the Tallboy nice.

    Greetings Znarf

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    203

    Great thoughts!

    Thanks guys for the responses. I sold off my Salsa Spearfish so I am without a mtn bike right now. My LBS owner is letting me ride is Diamond Back Sortie and it has a Float on it but it isn't the 34 so it has a little less travel. While riding the Sortie I never felt the need to lower the fork. The only thing I did was lock it out so I could stand and climb to stretch my back and work some different muscles. To me that seems to be the feature I will actually use. I think I will most likely go with the Float. Thanks again for the comments everyone!

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneSlowBusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154

    Best day since the first time I got laid, which was two weeks ago...

    Well, my LT showed up to the LBS today. Its a AL with the matte black CCCP.

    Hopefully they will get it built up tomorrow and I can get out for a ride Wed. Super stocked about how the CCCP turned out. Went by and grabbed few crappy cell phone pics of it fresh out of the box.

    Hope the photos show up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-2012-05-21_17-39-53_77.jpg  

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-2012-05-21_17-42-24_26.jpg  

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-2012-05-21_17-42-53_192.jpg  

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-2012-05-21_17-43-43_845.jpg  

    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    100
    Congrats man. She is a beauty. You are much more patient that I am though waiting on CCCP
    Tallboy LT

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stumpjumper61's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    289
    Looks great, can't wait to see it built up.

  42. #142
    BIGME
    Reputation: BIGME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    Tommy Likey!!
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense29 View Post
    I had a Talas on my old bike and only changes the height once when I first got it. On my LT I got the Revelation. Just finished a ride this morning that had an hour climb. Never felt it wanting to wheelie, tracked well and the geo felt good all the way up.
    Where in IL are you riding with hour climbs?
    konahonzo

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Where in IL are you riding with hour climbs?
    Wisconsin
    Tallboy LT

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    100
    Threw on a new set of rollers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_0364.jpg  

    Tallboy LT

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jfstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    The bike isn't mine, is a test bike from Pernalonga. I'm thinking trading my BLT for ... BLTc or Tallboy LTc not for now, maybe in the end of the year, maybe.
    hello, first of all, sorry for my english.
    Surfas, one question: have you put 650b wheels on your blur LT2??? I know a guy who has put forward, but we don't know if you can put behind

    Don't hit the frame?

    very nice tallboy LT, but I've doubt with 29ers in technicals trails....

    thanks and greetings from Spain!!!!!

  47. #147
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Any of you TBLT owners ride a TB before? How efficient would you say the TBLT is compared to the TB for climbing?
    Check for Francis' post comparing the two. He owns a TB and demo'd one for the TB LTc launch. Read earlier in the thread, there a few TB owners that have demo'd the TB LT & LTc now.

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowBusa View Post
    Well, my LT showed up to the LBS today. Its a AL with the matte black CCCP.
    Hey, I recognize that shop. JTRG! Nice. Steve and crew are building one up for me too, only now I'm jealous as I decided to wait for the frame only to build it up to my specs.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneSlowBusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bd279 View Post
    Hey, I recognize that shop. JTRG! Nice. Steve and crew are building one up for me too, only now I'm jealous as I decided to wait for the frame only to build it up to my specs.
    Yep the guys at JTRG in Salem are awesome, and a major props to them for not giving me the most annoying customer of the year award for as often as I was bugging them about the status of this thing. Anyhow just picked her up an hr ago cant wait till the weekend.

    A built up pic or two, what do you guys think of this mount for the reverb remote? thinking of switching to top left
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-2012-05-23_13-58-25_468.jpg  

    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-2012-05-23_14-20-54_33.jpg  

    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

  50. #150
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,213
    I'd leave it right where it is if its comfortable. Somewhat more protected in the event you crash.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  51. #151
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Ohhhhhh, I just got mine.....and I can't stop touching it. So sexyyyyyyy. Pics once I build her up!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: c-wal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    367
    Any idea on what the final build weight is?
    The black and red is awesome looking!

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneSlowBusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    Any idea on what the final build weight is?
    The black and red is awesome looking!
    I didn't weigh it personally, but the lbs said it was just under 30 lbs, with the reverb and set up tubeless. I was thinking of doing a lighter wheel set, but am going to wait a bit and see if a 142mm rear becomes available for the AL model.

    Also the spec list on line lists the SPX as having a Volt Team saddle with Ti rails, mine showed up with the race (cro-moly) not that it really matters, I could eat two less french fries a year and lose the 60g difference

    Got a first ride in, all I can say is wow, I think it climbs as well as my old hifi did, and the descents are in a whole different league.
    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

  54. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: c-wal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    367
    Is your bike an XL?
    I don't think I would swap those wheels if you got the DT350 hubs. The DT350s hub shells are heavier than the DT240s but have the same internals with I think a taller flange, and the WTB i23s are about the same weight as Flows with a similar width. Other than going with an XC or carbon rim they are probably not worth swapping.

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1338061833.914162.jpg
    Finally got her dirty. First ride so took it easy and adjusted. Unfortunately didn't pack my shock pump as I need a bit more on the rear and front. Frame is XL with spx am kit and kronolog seat post (which worked flawlessly *fingers crossed*). All I can say is wow! Coming from a Chameleon that was at least 5 lbs heavier I noticed this thing climbs like crazy. Did great on a wet rocky short ups and downs here in PA. Can't wait to get into better shape and really push it.

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26
    Oh and I did the 36star ratchet upgrade to the DT hub and highly recommend it. Takes 5min and cost about 45bucks with the DT grease.

  57. #157
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,213
    I am SO patiently waiting for a friggin' yellow carbon to show up. It is (IMO) the best finish of all the LT's
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,987
    Just wondering if anyone has a SPX am kit TBLT yet? Wondering if the XT shifters and brakes are I-Spec or not.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneSlowBusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has a SPX am kit TBLT yet? Wondering if the XT shifters and brakes are I-Spec or not.
    At least a few of the bikes shown in this thread are spx kit, I don't think the group is i-spec, but there is a close up photo of my brake,shifters, and reverb mount a few posts up.
    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,987
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowBusa View Post
    At least a few of the bikes shown in this thread are spx kit, I don't think the group is i-spec, but there is a close up photo of my brake,shifters, and reverb mount a few posts up.
    Wrong angle for me to tell, does the top of your shifter pod have a hole in it where you could add the ISpce mount?
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  61. #161
    BIGME
    Reputation: BIGME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217

    High Sierra Update

    The LT does pretty darn good in the Snow. Last time we were able to come back down the hill and stay out of it. this time there was no such luck. It was either ride snow or go home. I laughed the whole way down. The only friends we had on the trail got there a little before us. Tracks looked pretty fresh. Had a blast. I love this bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

  62. #162
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    I really love my new bike.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: c-wal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    367
    Hey Noah, did you get a carbon or Al frame?

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I really love my new bike.
    This shot while cool is such a tease.

  65. #165
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,213
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    Hey Noah, did you get a carbon or Al frame?
    AL. Carbon doesn't come in White (err, Blue, or whatever color it is . . . it looks white to me).
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  66. #166
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by morandi View Post
    This shot while cool is such a tease.
    Better?
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  67. #167
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    AL. Carbon doesn't come in White (err, Blue, or whatever color it is . . . it looks white to me).
    Eagle eyes.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Surfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    808
    Hey Noah, compare it with the BLT2.

  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Better?

  70. #170
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    Hey Noah, compare it with the BLT2.
    Well, I'll say there hasn't been much of a learning curve. I swapped over several parts from my LT2 - cockpit, brakes, cranks, drivetrain, etc. so I felt very "at home" on the first ride. This isn't my first 29er, but my last and only other one was a hardtail Gary Fisher X-cal from/in about 2006. This bike feels nothing like that obviously.

    The suspension's action feels roughly the same as the LT2, but it feels like it's got a softer bottom on the new bike. The TBLTc keeps speed much better, I feel like I can take rougher lines without worrying about killing momentum. On really steep and rough stuff I feel a bit more over the front on the TBLTc, but I need to sort out my suspension settings. There is much more traction available on rough climbs, it's just a matter of whether or not you've got the gas - I have yet to spin out or get really stuffed on a steep climb. On some ledgey stuff and when the trail is very rutted out I feel like I'm clipping the front tire on trailside obstacles and getting a little twisted, it's best to just get a little more "plowy" with the terrain. On fast and wide-open trail the new TBLTc just flies and feels planted like a DH bike. I managed to Strava KOM a tough descent last night even though I didn't feel particularly smooth. The BB is a bit lower than the LT2, and I'm clipping pedals and smacking the snot out of my chainguide's skid pretty frequently - but that's just a matter of adapting to the geometry. The cornering benefits outweigh the clearance issues in my book.

    On the whole I'm absolutely enamored with my new ride. I can't think of a better bike to race Enduros on - and that was the whole impetus for the change.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  71. #171
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,168
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Well, I'll say there hasn't been much of a learning curve. I swapped over several parts from my LT2 - cockpit, brakes, cranks, drivetrain, etc. so I felt very "at home" on the first ride. This isn't my first 29er, but my last and only other one was a hardtail Gary Fisher X-cal from/in about 2006. This bike feels nothing like that obviously.

    The suspension's action feels roughly the same as the LT2, but it feels like it's got a softer bottom on the new bike. The TBLTc keeps speed much better, I feel like I can take rougher lines without worrying about killing momentum. On really steep and rough stuff I feel a bit more over the front on the TBLTc, but I need to sort out my suspension settings. There is much more traction available on rough climbs, it's just a matter of whether or not you've got the gas - I have yet to spin out or get really stuffed on a steep climb. On some ledgey stuff and when the trail is very rutted out I feel like I'm clipping the front tire on trailside obstacles and getting a little twisted, it's best to just get a little more "plowy" with the terrain. On fast and wide-open trail the new TBLTc just flies and feels planted like a DH bike. I managed to Strava KOM a tough descent last night even though I didn't feel particularly smooth. The BB is a bit lower than the LT2, and I'm clipping pedals and smacking the snot out of my chainguide's skid pretty frequently - but that's just a matter of adapting to the geometry. The cornering benefits outweigh the clearance issues in my book.

    On the whole I'm absolutely enamored with my new ride. I can't think of a better bike to race Enduros on - and that was the whole impetus for the change.
    Noah,
    Can you do a quick write-up on the Loop 29er 140mm? Does it come w/ a 20mm TA or only a 15mm QR? I'm trying to steer clear of the Fox 34 for when I build mine, but may not be able to for stiffness (I'm fatter than you and like to plow ).

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Better?
    WTF? That's a white carbon LT -- dammit, I want one.. how did you get that?

  73. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    WTF? That's a white carbon LT -- dammit, I want one.. how did you get that?
    Paint......a good shop can sort that for you, I know one here that offers clear coats flat/gloss on carbon bikes

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    WTF? That's a white carbon LT -- dammit, I want one.. how did you get that?
    Nope, that's AL.

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Better?
    This bike here is not an aluminum bike. Its the carbon bike in white, maybe he got it painted somewhere...

  76. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Nope, that's AL.
    It's carbon -- check the shock links


  77. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by max_croft View Post
    It's carbon -- check the shock links

    Look at the hole in the drive-side chainstay - just in front of the rear axle. It's AL.

    Carbon front/AL rear maybe?

  78. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Surfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    808
    Thanks Noah, and for this trails

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PVOxFysEHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    TBLTc or BLT2 ?

  79. #179
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Noah,
    Can you do a quick write-up on the Loop 29er 140mm? Does it come w/ a 20mm TA or only a 15mm QR? I'm trying to steer clear of the Fox 34 for when I build mine, but may not be able to for stiffness (I'm fatter than you and like to plow ).
    Sure, but be forewarned that I'm the marketing dude for MRP and White Brothers - so I'm definitely biased!

    The LOOP is only offered in 15mm - but it's not your typical 15mm axle. Here is a good summary of why....

    I very familiar with the LOOP's excellent ride qualities, I've been on the 26" version for ~15 months. The 29er I'm now riding feels very much the same in terms of stiffness, and I've never before considered it lacking in that department. The bigger wheel definitely introduces more wheel flex into the equation, and it's detectable, but I can't say say I feel the fork flexing under normal use but the wheel "twang" is there. I should be getting carbon hoops soon which should help, their wider rim profile should help the tire squirm too. I haven't ridden the new Fox 34 - so I can't compare, and I'm not sure that'd be prudent anyway.
    Last edited by NoahColorado; 05-29-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  80. #180
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,168
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Sure, but be forewarned that I'm the marketing dude for MRP and White Brothers - so I'm definitely biased!

    The LOOP is only offered in 15mm - but it's not your typical 15mm axle. Here is a good summary of why....

    I very familiar with the LOOP's excellent ride qualities, I've been on the 26" version for ~15 months. The 29er I'm now riding feels very much the same in terms of stiffness, and I've never before considered it lacking in that department. The bigger wheel definitely introduces more wheel flex into the equation, and it's detectable, but I can't say say I feel the fork flexing under normal use but the wheel "twang" is there. I should be getting carbon hoops soon which should help, their wider rim profile should help the tire squirm too. I haven't ridden the new Fox 34 - so I can't compare, and I'm not sure that'd be prudent anyway.
    Fair enough, but what you've written...nothing in there to really indicate bias...so all good. Thanks! When time comes, maybe I should just pop over to GJT for a visit?
    I know about the WB's wedge type of axle clamp.
    Are you building a set of the Nancy carbon rims from Light-bicycle.com? If so, post your feedback on those! They're totally on my scope for my TBLTc build this winter.

  81. #181
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Here's mine - I'm in love.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  82. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    326
    Nice Noah! So did you get them to do the custom color program just for you or are serfs like us going to be able to get it in that color? Also, is that the NN 2.25 or 2.35 in the rear? Is the tire clearance the same as on the old Tallboy?

  83. #183
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    Nice Noah! So did you get them to do the custom color program just for you or are serfs like us going to be able to get it in that color? Also, is that the NN 2.25 or 2.35 in the rear? Is the tire clearance the same as on the old Tallboy?
    Thanks, like I said - I love it! I imagine it was just a paint sample, so I don't think there are or will be anymore in white.

    The rear tire is NN 2.35 - I have lots of clearance all the way around it (aluminum rear). About a pinky's worth.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  84. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Here's mine - I'm in love.
    NICE bike Noah!
    - What is your current wheel-build?

    Thanks,
    Dave

  85. #185
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT View Post
    NICE bike Noah!
    - What is your current wheel-build?

    Thanks,
    Dave
    Thanks man. Currently I've got some pre-built Halo wheels on there, the Halo 29r (XCD hubs and 29r rims). I'm gonna get a nice set of Reynolds carbon wheels, but I'll be saving those for special days and races. I'm planning do most of the Mountain States Cup Super-Ds and several Colorado and Utah enduros (including The Whole Enchilada) on this bike.

    ....and a few DH races on a V10 carbon (coming soon).
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  86. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    326
    Thanks Noah. Planning on running 2.25s on both ends so that's good. So why the aluminum rear?

  87. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    155

    Wife got hers!

    Arrived last Friday, got her built up with some hand picked parts with an emphasis on light weight, yet cost conscious, as the Mrs. does not charge overly hard but really liked the idea of more travel than her old Tallboy. As the bike sits in the pic above, exactly 26.45 lbs, I've since lost the chain plate/outer ring and will swap the post over to a Easton EC90, she wasn't digging the dropper post. Changes should bring weight down to nearly 25.5 lbs flat.
    My LTc arrives Friday, can't wait!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-photo.jpg  


  88. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    203

    ^^

    Hey big, congrats on yours and your wifes bikes. The Mrs' turned out great! My frame won't be in until mid to late July. The wait is killing me. When she does finally get here and is built up I will post up some pics too.

  89. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    35
    Could you be more specific where in Wisconsin? I used to ride only Kettle Moraine singletracks.
    Thanks

  90. #190
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Are you building a set of the Nancy carbon rims from Light-bicycle.com? If so, post your feedback on those! They're totally on my scope for my TBLTc build this winter.
    I've definitely been checking out that thread periodically! I'm going with Reynolds wheels, they've been excellent on my Blur LT.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

  91. #191
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,443

    New to me LTc

    Nothing fancy. All XT drivetrain and brakes, Syncros wheels, Chris King BB, Cane Creek 40 headset. I super glued my seat back together but may eventually get a new one.

    Overall, LOVING this bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-blurltc.jpg  

    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

  92. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,468
    Why do the wheels look like a 26er and a Fox 150mm fork? Something's off here.
    konahonzo

  93. #193
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,168
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Why do the wheels look like a 26er and a Fox 150mm fork? Something's off here.
    That's because that pic is a Blur LTc. Notice the little support by the rear dropout?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-blur-ltc-32-float-01.jpg  


  94. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reamer41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    736
    The LBS owner says my TB LTc will be in late Monday. Pick it up Tuesday!
    --Reamer

  95. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Giddyup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14

    ... and if we just ...

    Yep! I guess The Tallboy LTc are finally showing up beginning next week. My lbs told I'll have mine by the end of the week.

  96. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    159
    She's ready to go!
    sorry for the crappy iPhone pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_1892.jpg  


  97. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    876
    very nice

  98. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    93
    damn, that does look nice! and i had my heart set on a yellow .... hmm.

  99. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    She's ready to go!
    sorry for the crappy iPhone pic
    That bike looks really outstanding, I went with the Bronsons too on my Tallboy carbon. What do you think about the bike so far? I know you've ridden it.

  100. #200
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    Got the voice mail that mine was in and ready to go when I got home from work Thursday evening.
    Picked it up from my LBS Friday evening.
    Rode Pemberton yesterday (Sat).
    Riding Whistler trails today (Sun).

    Fun bike, a lot different than my old Blur Classic.

    I need to get some new tires, the stock Ardents aren't good on our damp rocks.

    Also need to play with the set up of the CTD fork.

    (pic by the LBS)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 128

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •