Page 129 of 142 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3537
    Competent User
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    There are a lot of Gravity Dropper fans, who say they are really reliable (simpler spring activated type), based on what I have read on this thread:

What's with dropper posts?
    I have seen the same. And call it snobbiness or aesthetics, but I don't want one of those on my TBLTc. And when the Reverb is working right? I love it. But I'll be out of warranty soon, and I'm on my second one, so I guess we'll see.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rone Turner View Post

Now how about my stem length question. Going to buy 60mm, LBS didn't have one to try

I think no one answered you because no one can give you an answer on what stem to use better than the answer you will get by doing what you are doing, i.e. experimenting.

Your body length, arm length, leg length, and preferences are unique, even among riders of the same height. (sorry to state the obvious).

But for example, I am 5'9" long torso, short legs, medium frame, 75mm stem. That would give the same reach as a 50 mm stem on a large.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Your right. Stem length question is probably worse than what seat would fit my ass best. Really liking my TBLT though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for all the input on the current state of dropper posts. I ordered a Lev and a good old fashioned Thompson Elite so I have a back when/if the Lev let's me down(sorry bad pun).

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I had a fox doss dropper before my tallboy and it worked great. Bought a ks lev for the tallboy and love it also
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    Wifey's new ride. I suppose while I will continue to keep it fed and watered, I am not the "owner" and am officially just lurking.

Jealous.

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-20140609.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    Wifey's new ride. I suppose while I will continue to keep it fed and watered, I am not the "owner" and am officially just lurking.

Jealous.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140609.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	901607
    Is that a LTc?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Nope, TBc. My apologies.

Dozer

remove

dual post. please remove.

mtbr member
    Is anyone having a problem with rear brake squeal? My problem has been terrible, but I just sanded down the rotor and pads and got rid of the noise, but reseated the pads today on some long downhill runs and the noise is back.

I was reading that sometimes the problem is more of an issue with the resonant frequency of the frame, than a problem with the brake. I read that some people put a lead weight on the seatstay to to stop the resonance, and it actually works.

I've got a medium carbon with XT brakes. Since my efforts with the pads and rotors haven't worked so far, I'm wondering if I should focus the frame. But if that is the issue, then I would guess others are having the same problem?
    EBC Green organic pads seem to have fixed my brake noise problem.

It still bugs me that I couldn't figure out a solution with the stock pads, but as long as the noise is gone, I'm happy.

These pads are completely silent. Its such a luxury after dealing with that noise.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

It still bugs me that I couldn't figure out a solution with the stock pads, but as long as the noise is gone, I'm happy.

These pads are completely silent. Its such a luxury after dealing with that noise.
    I had the same problem after a particularly long and steep descent when I first bought my TBLTc. I went to youtube for info and found a Park Tool video that you may have watched. the guy screws around with a couple treatments for the pads, and after a 14 min video, just buys new pads. He could not get the squeek to stop!

Disc Brake Noise - YouTube

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

That is awesome you replied to yourself... For real though, glad you got it squared away. I think all those voodoo remedies to fix brake squeal were specific to Specialized frames.... Cause I tried all that chit with my old Spec stumpjumper 29, lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trail.head View Post
    That is awesome you replied to yourself...
    yep, pretty awesome

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    haha nice one. Installing the Thomson Elite Covert dropper post this week, get that regular Thomson elite dropper cable rub of the table. Anyone get a DB Inline yet?

Also...for anyone having the chain grind noise w/ the XX1 28T/30T cranks, I spoke with someone at SRAM and they recommended contacting the seller for warranty replacement, which is what they did for me. 1000+ miles on the TB LTc in the past 2+ months and it is a great bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thinking pulling the trigger on a slightly used set of Enve Am. Worth it?
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    iDream Images

Your killing my Strava

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy22 View Post
    Thinking pulling the trigger on a slightly used set of Enve Am. Worth it?
    Yes. Love mine
    We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lstone84 View Post
    haha nice one. Installing the Thomson Elite Covert dropper post this week, get that regular Thomson elite dropper cable rub of the table. Anyone get a DB Inline yet?

Also...for anyone having the chain grind noise w/ the XX1 28T/30T cranks, I spoke with someone at SRAM and they recommended contacting the seller for warranty replacement, which is what they did for me. 1000+ miles on the TB LTc in the past 2+ months and it is a great bike.
    So glad you posted this because i have taken my TBLTc back to them about 3-4 times for the this issue and they cant seem to find the problem so they dont actually acknowledge that it has a problem now either, i explained my chain grid is evident when putting down power on the the pedals or on steep climbs etc.

can you please let me know what they replaced or are going to replace ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwync View Post
    So glad you posted this because i have taken my TBLTc back to them about 3-4 times for the this issue and they cant seem to find the problem so they dont actually acknowledge that it has a problem now either, i explained my chain grid is evident when putting down power on the the pedals or on steep climbs etc.

can you please let me know what they replaced or are going to replace ?

Its a known problem with the XX1 chain ring, it's not specific to the LTc. Check out this thread for info... XX1 28t chain grinding?

mtbr member
    So I was just checking out the Santa Cruz site for the details on the 2015 version TBLT and comparing it to the 2014 I bought just a couple of months ago.

In one view, they list travel as 125! I think its just a typo as another page still shows 135.

Color options are the same for carbon (black/yellow or baby blue). Al colors are black and red , or yellow.

Looking at the XO 1 group:
    They changed the rear tire from High Roller to an Ardent
    They now spec house brand grips and carbon bar(760 vs 720), vs the Lizard skins and Easton I got.
    The crank changed from X1 to Race Face
    The derailleur changed from XO1 to X1 (So why is it called an XO1 group. The shifters are the only part that's X01!)
    The old fork options were Fox 34 or Revelation 140. Now changed to a Fox 36 or a Pike.

Overall, not too major, although the Pike would have been nice. Surprised they didn't change the colors like they did with the Bronson and 5010.

Now older but less slow!

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

^^ so what's better now; Fox 36 or Pike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNormsk View Post
    ^^ so what's better now; Fox 36 or Pike?
    It looks like the Fox 36 is an upgrade over the Pike, costing 140 bucks more.
    I read that its pretty nice, and they changed the guts of it so that it weighs significantly less than the 2014 Fox 34. I haven't heard anything about ride quality.

Keep on Rockin...
    It looks like the Fox 36 is an upgrade over the Pike, costing 140 bucks more.
    I read that its pretty nice, and they changed the guts of it so that it weighs significantly less than the 2014 Fox 34. I haven't heard anything about ride quality.
    Early word is that it feels as good as the Pike - but that is very preliminary.

Not that I'd jump on the 36 bandwagon anytime soon, but if it feels as good as the Pike I'd probably pick it over the Pike for one reason alone - the customer can deal with Fox directly. RS service and warrantee requires you to go through a dealer - what a bunch of BS.

The other thing I don't like about the Pike is the non-adjustable Trail setting. Way too harsh. I loved RLT design with the adjustable compression and Floodgate - far more versatile. That said, I still think the Pike is the best fork out there and in Open mode feels amazing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

I had to have shamino send new rear caliper I would put new pads in and they would be great for about 100 miles start squeaking again. Shamino tech said they had some pistons leaking. They even replaced the 3 sets of ice tech pads! Thats customer support in my book, very good!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Early word is that it feels as good as the Pike - but that is very preliminary.

Not that I'd jump on the 36 bandwagon anytime soon, but if it feels as good as the Pike I'd probably pick it over the Pike for one reason alone - the customer can deal with Fox directly. RS service and warrantee requires you to go through a dealer - what a bunch of BS.

The other thing I don't like about the Pike is the non-adjustable Trail setting. Way too harsh. I loved RLT design with the adjustable compression and Floodgate - far more versatile. That said, I still think the Pike is the best fork out there and in Open mode feels amazing.
    I've never had an issue with any Fox products I've owned, so I don't have the hate of Fox like so many others on here.

I pre-orderes a 36 for my Lenz. After market it was the same price I could get a Pike for and like you, I value the fact that I can call Fox directly and talk to a tech and get help.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy17 View Post
    I had to have shamino send new rear caliper I would put new pads in and they would be great for about 100 miles start squeaking again. Shamino tech said they had some pistons leaking. They even replaced the 3 sets of ice tech pads! Thats customer support in my book, very good!
    Man I hope that isn't my issue. I haven't noticed any leakage. I'll have to wait and see I guess.