Page 110 of 141 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3514
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Hey, if it's a medium and you feel like donating it to a teacher, I know a scary fast girl out of Colorado Springs who can use it to race enduro...

It's a medium, I will be more than glad to donate it, but I will be donatinh some $$ to amex, visa and mastercard!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by partusa View Post
    I have been trying to sell my tallboy LT for a long time but no luck. I'm asking $2770 for an full XT, kashima and RS revelation with 300 miles, is that a crazy price? Ebay, craigslist, mtbr and pinkbike and I only get ridiculous offers.
    Any advise?
    I appreciate your feedback.
    Thanks
    Is it an odd size e.g. small or XXL?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    Is it an odd size e.g. small or XXL?
    Nope, just a medium grey/black.

Competent User

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by partusa View Post
    Nope, just a medium grey/black.
    Did you make sure there's not a reflection of your junk somewhere in the background of a pic?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    It's like a car, USED IS USED. Expecting to get close to new prices for a used part is "ambitious" at best. I have been following the pricing on a few SC models very closely over the past couple months. I think a lot of owners are asking too much $ for "lightly used" bikes. Why buy something for 15% off of retail when you can buy new with "haggling" for the same price?

Free market, if it's not moving you are asking too much.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    Did you make sure there's not a reflection of your junk somewhere in the background of a pic?
    No junk, clean, HD pics outside of my garage, gate closed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahJohn View Post
    It's like a car, USED IS USED. Expecting to get close to new prices for a used part is "ambitious" at best. I have been following the pricing on a few SC models very closely over the past couple months. I think a lot of owners are asking too much $ for "lightly used" bikes. Why buy something for 15% off of retail when you can buy new with "haggling" for the same price?

Free market, if it's not moving you are asking too much.
    I partially disagree with your statement, but I will not argue back. I agree that there are some owners trying to get more money for what they originally paid, but as you said it's a free market.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I sold a one year old Stumpjumper 29er last year on craigslist. I said no to at least 50 buyers, some of whom were outraged that I wanted to recover 50% of MSRP even though I had a KS Supernatural dropper and wide bars/short stem included along with the original cockpit. The right buyer came a long and was really happy with my price about a month into selling. The little research I did showed that you are really lucky to get 65% back regardless of bike's age. Worse than a car in my opinion. One benefit I offered was to aid in warranty issues if something came up in the next year or so. No skin off my s@&k!! Good luck, the used bike market is a great way to get new riders into the sport and ride nice bikes w/out a ridiculous amount of money.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm always selling my bike parts by parts on ebay without minimum price. You get more money even if it feels unsafe to have no minimum price.
    As I'm building my bikes parts by parts also you may have different buyers like that, more intersted by the pleasure of making their "own" bike
    Laurent

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I have just pulled the trigger on a new black and green/yellow LTc. I want to go for a Pike with 150mm travel but my local LBS can't get me the Pike in black. They say that the Rockshox agent has a 140mm in black which they will convert to 150mm for me at no cost. They tell me it is a simple conversion. Should I go ahead? Should I be wary?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by FinbarSaunders View Post
    I have just pulled the trigger on a new black and green/yellow LTc. I want to go for a Pike with 150mm travel but my local LBS can't get me the Pike in black. They say that the Rockshox agent has a 140mm in black which they will convert to 150mm for me at no cost. They tell me it is a simple conversion. Should I go ahead? Should I be wary?
    It can be done, But you miss out on things like on the 150/160 it has the sag markings on the leg were as the 140mm don't.

Unless they change the uppers as well.

Keep on Rockin...
    140mm is probably a better choice IMO. Many posts on this already.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A friend runs a Fox 34 150 on his LTc and likes it, and the Pike has a slightly lower a2c (I think). I run a Fox 34 150 on my Rip9 RDO, so I guess I'm biased towards more fork.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

My LBS just called and my tallboy LTC will be here Friday!!! It's been on hold waiting on one enve wheel so hopefully I'll be riding sat. Excited to see what she will do.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    It can be done, But you miss out on things like on the 150/160 it has the sag markings on the leg were as the 140mm don't.

Unless they change the uppers as well.
    Just for my info, any idea which bits would they have to swap out?

mtbr member

Re: Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

Just for my info, any idea which bits would they have to swap out?
    Check out this thread:
    Reducing a Pike 150>140 and a 160>150 tech thread
    Reducing a Pike 150>140 and a 160>150 tech thread

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    So, Hillharman, how is the ccdba cs set up comming? I have seen your previous posts but you said you were still finding the sweet spot... I got my dba in the mail today and put a couple miles on it in the "neutral" factory presets. Beautiful shock, but I am totally overwhelmed on where to go with the tune now. Any input would be appreciated, by anyone out there,thanks in advance!

BTW I am approx 220 kitted up so I think your tune would be an excelent starting place.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

New question here. 130mm travel Pike?

Hi

Any tried the Pike @ 130mm travel (51mm offset)?

I've had my TLc for about 9 months now running a Dual-position Revelation (46mm offset) which has been great. I've just ordered a Pike140 but since I don't want a white fork, I'm am stuck with the Solo air option only. Since I regularly drop the travel to about 130mm for climbing, I decided to actually leave it in this position and found it handles better, ie it changes direction much more quickly. So much so that I am thinking that when the pike comes back into stock at my LBS, I might get them to lower it to 130mm immediately.

The question is whether I should leave it at 140mm and see if the 51mm offset gives me the faster handling that I experience @ 130mm on my existing Revelation fork? I suspect the difference between 46mm and a 51mm offset may not be anywhere near as significant as dropping the travel my 10mm.
    Noting that the A-C measurement for the 140mm Pike is 3mm longer than the Rev, so droping the pike to 130mm is results in a 7mm lower A-C with the pike.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks

mtbr member

Re: Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

Ftp
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko69 View Post
    Hi

I've had my TLc for about 9 months now running a Dual-position Revelation (46mm offset) which has been great. I've just ordered a Pike140 but since I don't want a white fork, I'm am stuck with the Solo air option only. Since I regularly drop the travel to about 130mm for climbing, I decided to actually leave it in this position and found it handles better, ie it changes direction much more quickly. So much so that I am thinking that when the pike comes back into stock at my LBS, I might get them to lower it to 130mm immediately.

The question is whether I should leave it at 140mm and see if the 51mm offset gives me the faster handling that I experience @ 130mm on my existing Revelation fork? I suspect the difference between 46mm and a 51mm offset may not be anywhere near as significant as dropping the travel my 10mm.
    Noting that the A-C measurement for the 140mm Pike is 3mm longer than the Rev, so droping the pike to 130mm is results in a 7mm lower A-C with the pike.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Ride it at 140mm at first and see how you like it. When the time for service comes and you still feel you want it lowered, go for it...

Carbon & Ti rule
    1st up I would ride it at 140mm & see what you think, I had a 140mm Revelation on my Rip9 RDO before I went to the Pike & the bike is so different.

I have a Rip9 RDO with 140mm Pike 46mm offset & a Rip9 Alloy ( latest so same travel as my RDO ) with X Fusion 140mm with 51mm offset & can't say I like the steering on the 51 any more than the 46 offset, So each to there own.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko69 View Post
    Hi

Any thoughts?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Just pull the trigger on a set of these for that X-Fusion Vector coil in the above pic. That shock's going back to John for a custom tune and stroke limiting to 53mm

Name:  p4pb10244512.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  30.7 KB
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman View Post
    So, Hillharman, how is the ccdba cs set up comming? I have seen your previous posts but you said you were still finding the sweet spot... I got my dba in the mail today and put a couple miles on it in the "neutral" factory presets. Beautiful shock, but I am totally overwhelmed on where to go with the tune now. Any input would be appreciated, by anyone out there,thanks in advance!

BTW I am approx 220 kitted up so I think your tune would be an excelent starting place.
    I'm running 150-160 psi. 150 felt really good, but I was noticing more pedal strikes than usual, so I've recently bumped up to 155. Couldn't tell you the precise sag numbers this gives me, but we weigh the same.

You can go low on the HSC. 1.251.5 works well for me with 1.5 turns of HSR. I have both low speed adjusters set to 7 and haven't messed with them. I would still like to do an hour of rigorous testing on a good stretch of trail, but my ride time is limited right now, so I'm mostly fiddling on the fly. Let me know what you think of the above settings. I think there's actually room to go much lower on the HSC, probably with more air pressure. I haven't tried that yet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    I'm running 150-160 psi. 150 felt really good, but I was noticing more pedal strikes than usual, so I've recently bumped up to 155. Couldn't tell you the precise sag numbers this gives me, but we weigh the same.

You can go low on the HSC. 1.251.5 works well for me with 1.5 turns of HSR. I have both low speed adjusters set to 7 and haven't messed with them. I would still like to do an hour of rigorous testing on a good stretch of trail, but my ride time is limited right now, so I'm mostly fiddling on the fly. Let me know what you think of the above settings. I think there's actually room to go much lower on the HSC, probably with more air pressure. I haven't tried that yet.
    Thanks for the info! I am going for a ride today so I will get back with some personal tweaks tonight.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I mirrored your tune, but made a few small adjustments to the "supple" side on HSR. BTW, can't we afford to go more supple since the shock has a climb switch? As for the climb switch, I agree with an earlier statement, that it is by no means a lock out. It does make a nice platform for pedaling, in the saddle, but if you get out, there is pedal bob. That is probably impossible to get rid of with any kind of full suspention.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman View Post
    I mirrored your tune, but made a few small adjustments to the "supple" side on HSR. BTW, can't we afford to go more supple since the shock has a climb switch? As for the climb switch, I agree with an earlier statement, that it is by no means a lock out. It does make a nice platform for pedaling, in the saddle, but if you get out, there is pedal bob. That is probably impossible to get rid of with any kind of full suspention.
    I found that going much lower on the HSR was starting to buck me, at least on the trail I rode yesterday.