Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    On the LTc main frame, anyone find the location of the serial number?

LBS found the one on the swingarm but couldn't find the one on the main frame.
    on my Blur LTc, I have to basically take the lower link off to see the serial number...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Noah, are you saying the HR2 is definitely coming out at some point? And in a 2.2 size?

WWJR
    LBS emailed to say Santa Cruz is receiving parts on the 9th, and shipping my LTc on Monday of next week. Should have it in Colorado on Friday. Just in time for the shipping of my Arch EX/i9's.
    All this reading of the ones already shipped is KILLING me!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

And now I got mine....

Arrived last Friday, after a few hiccups building her up, alas, she is done and so so sweet! Exact parts list as follows:

Fox F34 Float FIT RLC
    Havoc Carbon bar
    XTR rear pod
    Magura MT8 brakes 180mm F&R
    Easton Haven carbon wheels
    Easton Haven stem
    XO 11-36 cassette
    XTR Shadow Plus r der
    XTR chain
    XO crank w/32t MRP Bling Ring
    SRAM ceramic GXP bb
    Specialized Blacklite dropper post
    Selle Italia SLR XC saddle
    Crank Bros Candy 3 pedals
    "garage built" chain dangler
    Racing Ralph 2.35 rear, Nobby Nic 2.35 front
    ESI Racers Edge grips

Exact weight as built above is 24.85lbs. Waiting on MRP 1X guide which will add 50 or so grs. Best bike I've ever ridden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imag0201.jpg  

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Wow, that means I can take 3lbs off mine...
    Guess that just means lots of $$$.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That is one hell of a light 5 inch 29er.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhls View Post
    Arrived last Friday, after a few hiccups building her up, alas, she is done and so so sweet! Exact parts list as follows:

Fox F34 Float FIT RLC
    Havoc Carbon bar
    XTR rear pod
    Easton Haven stem
    XO 11-36 cassette
    XTR Shadow Plus r der
    XTR chain
    SRAM ceramic GXP bb
    ESI Racers Edge grips

Exact weight as built above is 24.85lbs. Waiting on MRP 1X guide which will add 50 or so grs. Best bike I've ever ridden.
    what size?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGME View Post
    I think I am already paying for my R AM choice. Pretty sure I have already destroyed the xt hub in the rear. Made a 50 mile round trip to not even get out of the parking lot, . Luckily I my buddy had already bought a set of flows with Kings so he loaned the rear wheel that came with his. I have less than 200 miles on it. The shop is about 45 min away, not overly excited about this.
    That sucks, but don't feel bad as you are not alone. Normally I build up my bikes from the ground up, but I recently bought a full build set up that I was totally stoked on, also got a great deal. However in 2 weeks I destroyed the rear wheel, rear derailleur, chain, and put a nice mark in the frame. Totally depressing, and expensive, but it happens. Its the nature of the beast sometimes.
    Shimano is really good about warranty stuff, especially if your shop has a good relationship with them. Worth a shot.

mtbr member
    I think I am already paying for my R AM choice. Pretty sure I have already destroyed the xt hub in the rear. Made a 50 mile round trip to not even get out of the parking lot, . Luckily I my buddy had already bought a set of flows with Kings so he loaned the rear wheel that came with his. I have less than 200 miles on it. The shop is about 45 min away, not overly excited about this.
    That does suck!
    How did you destroy the hub so quickly?

BIGME
    Actually took a lunch today (a long one) and went to the LBS. They dissasembled, regreased the bearings and trued up my wheel while I BS'd with them in the back. They said it wasn't destroyed but that it just looked like that it likely wasn't adjusted correclty to begin with and to get used to having to adjust those types of bearings (the axle was very loose). The ball bearings fell out of the drive side and the seal was a little screwed up.

To date I have destroyed a couple of lower quality Shimano Hubs (575 type stuff) and the only Mavic hub (on a set of crossmax), When I could hear the squeal through the canyon I knew there was an issue.

I have never had an issue with the DT350's on my 6er, and had nothing but problems prior to the DT's, so I just assumed I had killed this non DT hub too.

So in retrospect I may have jumped the gun on calling horse crap on Shimano. I do however appreciate everyones willingness to let me lay on their couch and complain though .

I will hopefully find out this weekend if really is OK. Thanks Folks
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    And those are all real solid parts (though the MT8s scare me a bit) . . . . what's up with all the hatin' on yellow?? Or do those ship later?

mtbr member
    No, hatin on the Yellow Bro Waiting on mine ... I agree 100% with Phatass about the MT8's brakes ... I would go with Shimano 2012 - XT's or XTR Trail or Race - Have then on my S/C TB carbon - The Shimano XTR Trail with the Metallic pads ... Great stopping power !!!
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhls View Post

Fox F34 Float FIT RLC
    Havoc Carbon bar
    XTR rear pod
    Easton Haven stem
    XO 11-36 cassette
    XTR Shadow Plus r der
    XTR chain
    SRAM ceramic GXP bb
    ESI Racers Edge grips

That bike is outstanding!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG 1970 View Post
    No, hatin on the Yellow Bro Waiting on mine ... I agree 100% with Phatass about the MT8's brakes ... I would go with Shimano 2012 - XT's or XTR Trail or Race - Have then on my S/C TB carbon - The Shimano XTR Trail with the Metallic pads ... Great stopping power !!!
    What a life, have a TBc at home and then a LTc on the way. Good on ya... I can only wish.

mtbr member
    What a life, have a TBc at home and then a LTc on the way. Good on ya... I can only wish.[/QUOTE]

To bad you don't live closer Bro ... You could ride my S/C TB carbon ... PS - 22+ years in Corrections ... It's pretty much safe to say ... Most people Would Not want my job ... It's a Living & Very thankful I have a job

BIGME
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG 1970 View Post
    What a life, have a TBc at home and then a LTc on the way. Good on ya... I can only wish.
    To bad you don't live closer Bro ... You could ride my S/C TB carbon ... PS - 22+ years in Corrections ... It's pretty much safe to say ... Most people Would Not want my job ... It's a Living & Very thankful I have a job [/QUOTE]

My Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Aunt & Uncle and one of my all time favorite riding buddies all either work or have retired from the D.O.C here in California.
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    And those are all real solid parts (though the MT8s scare me a bit) . . . . what's up with all the hatin' on yellow?? Or do those ship later?
    The MT8s slow me down just fine, 180 rotors front and rear help, but these brakes kick arse in my opinion, quiet, absolutely drag free, plenty strong and stupid light. To each his own I guess. Couldn't be happier with the bike and overall build.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hullendersauce View Post
    what size?
    Large

mtbr member
    To bad you don't live closer Bro ... You could ride my S/C TB carbon ... PS - 22+ years in Corrections ... It's pretty much safe to say ... Most people Would Not want my job ... It's a Living & Very thankful I have a job :thumbs up:
    My Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Aunt & Uncle and one of my all time favorite riding buddies all either work or have retired from the D.O.C here in California. :thumbs up:[/QUOTE]

Very Cool !!! Cali D.O.C No Joke !!! :thumbs up: BIGME - Keep an eye on those Shimano hubs - No sealed bearings ... When, I had Shimano XT wheels the 20mm & the 15mm - 26 inch ... A Good LBS tech told me - Clean, grease, adjust them often ... If not, the bearings chew up the insides of the hubs ... Note - Happen twice to me - Note Shimano replaced the wheels both times ...

mtbr member
    And now I got mine....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox F34 Float FIT RLC
    Havoc Carbon bar
    XTR rear pod
    Easton Haven stem
    XO 11-36 cassette
    XTR Shadow Plus r der
    XTR chain
    SRAM ceramic GXP bb
    ESI Racers Edge grips

Nice build Bgwls!
    I'll be using Magura MT8 brakes on mine too. I was thinking of running the same tires,how do you like that combo?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    bigwhls, the MT8s look gorgeous but my comment was more directed at myself at 230lbs . . . .

Get out of town!

New 2010 Blur LTc

Just built it up. All XT drivetrain and brakes so I can afford to fix it. Loving it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-blurltc.jpg  

"You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    How many times are you going to post that same bike in the wrong forum?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    How many times are you going to post that same bike in the wrong forum?
    LOL well it does have LTc in the title.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Sorry for the god awful iphone pic, it is before i finished the bike build. I will take more pics post ride.

Med tallboy LTc frame-2012 fox rp23
    Fox 34 Talas
    Easton haven carbon bars
    Thomson 80mm stem
    Pro logo x10 nack saddle( i know the color doesn't match but oh well)
    Easton EA70 post(soon changing too reverb)
    Sram XX shifters
    Sram XX rear der
    Sram XX rotors
    Sram XX 11-36 cassette
    Sram XO 36/22 crank
    Sram XO ft der
    Shimano XTR trail brakes
    Shimano XT pedals
    KMC X10SL-Ti 10-Speed Chain Gold
    ESI grips
    King mango headset
    King mango bb
    King red hubs(soon changing to mango hubs)
    Stans arch rims
    DT triple butted spokes w/alloy nips
    Schwalbe nobby nic on front and ignitor rear

Total weight 25.19 lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast