Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3680
    mtbr member
    I'd reroute the front brake line inside the fork leg before you rip it and catch it on something along the trail.

mtbr member

Re: Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    I'd reroute the front brake line inside the fork leg before you rip it and catch it on something along the trail.
    Whoops, I did not notice that. I agree that is not very safe.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Sami A. View Post
    Frame is medium and im 175cm (5.7ft)
    I have 1x5mm and 1x10mm spacers. Maybe only 1x5mm. But that does not feel bad.
    I am 5'9" and TBLT medium demo felt a bit too tall for me. I would need to run the smallest spacer and maybe a negative rise stem in order to get the fit I like.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    So I have a couple hours today and was screwing around with the bike and remembered what this thread was talking about the other day.

The Fox Float only getting around 120mm of travel.

So I let all the air out of mine and measured approx 120-123mm on my rear wheel axle. So has anyone gone anywhere with this? Others where saying that they were speaking to SC and Fox, but then the thread went cold.

mtbr member
    Getting the brake cable inside on a rockshox fork lower will leave a loop that catches on the front tyre and or spokes. They are designed to be routed exactly as it is , and it would be very tight against the lowers - I can't imagine anything getting between the lowers and the cable on any of my SIDS .

It's certainly an eye catching bike though, and in the flesh no one is ever going to comment or think for a second about where the cable routing for the dropper goes - we just get a little anal when we have pictures to study.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    IMHO Id take the spacers out, flip the stem over end put the spacers on top

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Im 5'10 and rode a large with short stem. Perfect fit. Cant believe you could even pedal it at your height. Surely the XL is for you!

QUOTE=Bonedoctor;10788919]Hello,

I found this thread as part of my investigating the tbltc. It was my bike of choice to replace my current 08 enduro but I thought the pricing was too much for me. Then I met a guy in the bush who not only told me about Neezy who sell ex demo models for a big discount but gave me a short go on his. It blew me away so much going up a hill i had to ask him if i could go down it too. Needless to say that blew me away too and I had to have one. I thank my 7 year old son for stopping in the middle of the trail and starting the conversation. It was the first time I'd actually seen a tbltc in the flesh.

My big question relates to frame size. I'm a skinny 6'5" and long in the torso. I forgot to ask the guy what size his was. Sat on a L in my Local shop without pedals and it felt ok. Sat on an XL and felt stretched out. I actually feel like, even though the sizing chart says I should be on an XXL, I would be more comfortable on a L. I rode 2 trek XL's on a demo day on the weekend and on both the bars felt too far away for comfort.

My current bike is an XL and I'm always trying to bring the bars closer to me. I got a 2" rise bar in desperation and that helped a bit. I have one of those e150 forks with the fixed stem length. I get a cramp in my lower back every time I ride and I have to stop every 15 minutes to ease it. It has almost stopped me from riding so many times in the past. I have a comfort bike I ride around with the wife and kids. It has a big back sweep on the bars and I've elevated the adjustable stem about 30 degrees past where it is supposed to go to bring the bars closer to me and higher. I'm almost standing up straight when I ride that bike and I look like Mary Poppins on it but it is comfortable for me.

If anyone has some feedback for me before I fork out the hard earned and possibly make a mistake I would appreciate it. I'd be looking to put a 60mm stem on it as that's my preference and prob set the seat back a bit too out of preference.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    In regards to my previous post about actual rear wheel travel on the TBLTc... I called fox about the recall on their forks and when I was done discussing that, asked about the 119mm rear wheel travel on my bike. They said that they havent heard anything about this but essentially thier job was to get 2 inches of travel out of the shock. If the shock is travelling 2inches and the rear wheel is not travelling the full 135mm then it is a Santa Cruz problem. They also said that the rear wheel travel isnt exacly the most telling. That it has alot to do with fork angle and seat ride height/angle etc. All of these things together plus maybe a little "rounding" from SC could explain this problem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Heres mine just completed. 25pounds 6ounces. size large. I am 6ft 190lbs. full xx1, formula R1 brakes, reverb stealth, 150mm pike dual air, thomson carbon flat bar, easton haven 70mm stem, sram carbon rise 60 wheels converted tubeless, 2.35 racing ralphs.
    tallboy 2

GMM
    mtbr member
    tony110672, that's a beautiful bike! I almost got the blue, and I think it's looks much better in your photos than on the SC website. Nice setup you have there! Mine is being built up this week.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    tony110672, your bike is my bike's brother
    Beautiful SC

Insanity later
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmaboy View Post
    Getting the brake cable inside on a rockshox fork lower will leave a loop that catches on the front tyre and or spokes. They are designed to be routed exactly as it is , and it would be very tight against the lowers - I can't imagine anything getting between the lowers and the cable on any of my SIDS .

It's certainly an eye catching bike though, and in the flesh no one is ever going to comment or think for a second about where the cable routing for the dropper goes - we just get a little anal when we have pictures to study.
    Agreed. Tried that routing. Didn't work. eurospek off the mark again. The rear brake is actually supposed to be routed along the downtube beside the reverb line. It's a cleaner and shorter route that way. Love the white cables and fork. Pike single air was only available in Black when I bought it. Bummer.

Insanity later
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman View Post
    In regards to my previous post about actual rear wheel travel on the TBLTc... I called fox about the recall on their forks and when I was done discussing that, asked about the 119mm rear wheel travel on my bike. They said that they havent heard anything about this but essentially thier job was to get 2 inches of travel out of the shock. If the shock is travelling 2inches and the rear wheel is not travelling the full 135mm then it is a Santa Cruz problem. They also said that the rear wheel travel isnt exacly the most telling. That it has alot to do with fork angle and seat ride height/angle etc. All of these things together plus maybe a little "rounding" from SC could explain this problem.
    Problem is though we're not getting two inches. So very much Foxes fault as I see it. I put another shock (DB Air) on there and bingo 135mm of travel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Sami A. definately. You beat me to having the 1st blue one on here. great looking bike.
    tallboy 2

mtbr member
    You could get some silicon grips and cut them down. I've tried a few and had good luck with the ESI Chunky grips. Light, comfortable, and comes in tons of colors too.

MTB Grips
    "So do me a favor. Find your bike, whatever kind of bike it is. And RIDE it." -Gary Fisher

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    . . . . and bike likes
    Last edited by Sami A.; 11-08-2013 at 09:11 AM.

mtbr member

. . . . and bike likes
    Sugar coat?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    . . . . and bike likes
    I'm a little worried.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    . . . . and bike likes
    Peter North?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Pre-Car Wash Treatment | Order Auto-Foam In 5ltr & 25ltr Cans
    Really good detergent. I wash my taxi every day on that same detergent
    "Im a little worried"

Carbon & Ti rule
    . . . . and bike likes
    Was that a Sneeze or a fart ?

Competent User

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

I got my TBLTc about 2 weeks ago, and unfortunately haven't gotten on it nearly enough, but I'm already very happy.

I came from a 2012 Camber 29 that had more flex than a ballerina, and the additional stiffness and travel has made every dissent a pure joy. Climbing still isn't fun, but it's amazing how much more efficient this bike is.

I bought the RAM kit with an eye towards moving my parts over from my other bike and upgrading some stuff over time, like the SLX brakes and cranks. With my reverb and the stock wheels and tires, the thing was a whopping 32 lbs. I then put on my charger pros and swapped out the rear High Roller for a Mountain King, but I haven't weighed it since.

I plan to get a less ridiculous stem, some slightly wider bars, and maybe going 1x10, but I'm not sure on that last but yet.

And oh god, it's beautiful. I've actually already got some cable rub, because I couldn't wait for the frameskin to arrive.

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1384027453.749416.jpg
    Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1384027471.800213.jpg

meh?

Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread

Can't delete! Eeek
    2013 Chromag Rootdown
    2010 SC Chameleon
    2001 Specalized Rockhopper FSR

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Non-drive picture . . . .and real color . . .

. . .and from the front
    That aftermarket fork sticker kit really nails it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by argibson View Post
    What did you use to protect the frame when mounting the bottle cage on the top tube? Just Velcro straps to secure? Thanks
    Sorry I've been away from the forum for a while and only just discovered your question. I have a frameskin on there and I also just used part of an old tube wrapped around the toptube and secured the bottle cage in place with a couple of strips of velcroe.

Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast