Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 3516
  1. #226
    North Van/Whistler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,540
    hmm - it seems I might have gotten some of the 29er protos Ardents in the 42a sticky compound as it looks like 29er Ardents in 2.25 only come in 60a which isn't the greatest in wet. So retraction on that one Craig
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

  2. #227
    North Van/Whistler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by reamer41 View Post
    And said retards comprise, what? 95% of MTB riders or so....
    We both agree.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

  3. #228
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by reamer41 View Post
    Picked her up today!

    For those wondering about torks and shock: mine, a black LTc amXTR, came with a RP23 (3-012) shock and a FIT-RLC fork.

    As it's still 100+ degrees I'll have to wait for nightfall for a good ride.
    Wow you went for the full blingy! Nice work!

  4. #229
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reamer41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    301
    Picked her up today!

    For those wondering about torks and shock: mine, a black LTc amXTR, came with a RP23 (3-012) shock and a FIT-RLC fork.

    As it's still 100+ degrees I'll have to wait for nightfall for a good ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_242901.jpg  


  5. #230
    mtbr member
    Reputation: neveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    160
    man, i have been waiting for my xl since 4-1 without a test ride . i was a bit unsure bout whether i made the right choice by ordering a XL. I'm 6.1 with long legs and long arms and i liked the feel of the xl regular tallboy. so tonight i stopped by my LBS and test rode the tallboy ltc with a rock shock fork and xt drivetrain and brakes. i was in the city but got to take it down some stairs , rode for 20 minutes and i still have a grin on my face. i liked it better than the tallboy c. it is the sweetest bike i have rode,{ coming off a mojo sl } so freaking plush.
    my frame is shipping next week with 2013 fox shock, and my 2013 fox talas will ship by fox the week after. i sourced some components over the winter from flea bay and craigslist didn't notice till this evening that .somehow my r1's shipped with a pair of 180 rotors. the wait was killing me but now i know it will be worth it. hopefully i can dump my Mojo SL in the next few weeks

  6. #231
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    153

    Tires on Tallboy LTc

    Still waiting for my LTc in Medium. Should be soon... 1 month without a bike is too much.

    How about Nobby Nic 2.35 F and 2.25 R? (That's what I'm going for)

    As well, Hans Dampf 2.35 F and Nobby Nic R?

    Rode 1 week on Ardents on My Nomad and gave them away. Rode Weirwolf 2.35 for a long time after that...

    Jealous now seeing them around. My buddy got his Large Yellow yesterday. He ordered it 1 week after me...

    Sylvain
    Last edited by Silly Man; 06-05-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: wrong place

  7. #232
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Man View Post
    Still waiting for my LTc in Medium. Should be soon... 1 month without a bike is too much.

    How about Nobby Nic 2.35 F and 2.25 R? (That's what I'm going for)

    As well, Hans Dampf 2.35 F and Nobby Nic R?

    Rode 1 week on Ardents on My Nomad and gave them away. Rode Weirwolf 2.35 for a long time after that...

    Jealous now seeing them around. My buddy got his Large Yellow yesterday. He ordered it 1 week after me...

    Sylvain
    I've got HD 2.35 and NN 2.35 setup on mine, the NN is horrible durability-wise around here. It's absolutely shredded after just one week of riding. It's a combination of rock and hard-pack here, so maybe it does better in soil. The HD on the other hand is amazing, wish I had just got with that front and back.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

  8. #233
    mtbr member
    Reputation: neveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I've got HD 2.35 and NN 2.35 setup on mine, the NN is horrible durability-wise around here. It's absolutely shredded after just one week of riding. It's a combination of rock and hard-pack here, so maybe it does better in soil. The HD on the other hand is amazing, wish I had just got with that front and back.
    im starting off with a pair of 2.35 Nobby Nics mounted tubeless on some industry 9's and stans arches....

  9. #234
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I've got HD 2.35 and NN 2.35 setup on mine, the NN is horrible durability-wise around here. It's absolutely shredded after just one week of riding. It's a combination of rock and hard-pack here, so maybe it does better in soil. The HD on the other hand is amazing, wish I had just got with that front and back.
    I've been running HD 2.35 front and rear here in SoCal for a while, and I do love the traction they give. I have torn them up pretty well, though. Not sure how much riding, but probably ~6 rides of 20 miles or so. I bought some Nobby Nics to try out (also because the HDs rub my front fork), but I am a little worried about durability. Considering selling them new rather than shredding them and then having to drop another $160 on tires. Obviously, lots of rocks and hardpack here in SoCal.

  10. #235
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Yeah, I'm a little bummed my tire looks like this after a week (maybe 10 days). I'll fully admit that I'm hard on tires - and so are our trails (especially right now with the drought). But, like I said I'm really happy with the Hans Dampf - I might pick up another one of those. I'm hoping Maxxis makes the HR2 2.2 availible soon, that's my favorite 26" tire at the moment.

    Holy crap. That is bad.

  11. #236
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,819
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    Considering selling them new rather than shredding them and then having to drop another $160 on tires. Obviously, lots of rocks and hardpack here in SoCal.
    Yeah, I'm a little bummed my tire looks like this after a week (maybe 10 days). I'll fully admit that I'm hard on tires - and so are our trails (especially right now with the drought). But, like I said I'm really happy with the Hans Dampf - I might pick up another one of those. I'm hoping Maxxis makes the HR2 2.2 availible soon, that's my favorite 26" tire at the moment.

    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

  12. #237
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,317
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    I've been running HD 2.35 front and rear here in SoCal for a while, and I do love the traction they give. I have torn them up pretty well, though. Not sure how much riding, but probably ~6 rides of 20 miles or so. I bought some Nobby Nics to try out (also because the HDs rub my front fork), but I am a little worried about durability. Considering selling them new rather than shredding them and then having to drop another $160 on tires. Obviously, lots of rocks and hardpack here in SoCal.
    Give a serious look at the WTB Bronson and Moto. I'm running them on my Blur and they are really great so far. I've got the Moto up front and Bronson out back. So far, the traction is VERY confidence inspiring. I'm really, really pleased.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  13. #238
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Reputation: NoahColorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,819
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Give a serious look at the WTB Bronson and Moto. I'm running them on my Blur and they are really great so far. I've got the Moto up front and Bronson out back. So far, the traction is VERY confidence inspiring. I'm really, really pleased.
    Yeah I've got a 2.2 Bronsan TCS here I'm gonna try down at the Angel Fire race this weekend. It's mostly a high-speed 2-track course, so I'm a little nervous to run my current Nobby "Slick". It looks like the Moto is only in a 1.9 for 29" - not the hot setup.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

  14. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    314
    Noah, have you tried the Specialized Purgatory? You have me rethinking picking NNs for my build . . . . I do hear the Bronson is great though . . . any other good options that are little lighter and faster rolling than the Hans Dampf that would be a good match for the LT??

  15. #240
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    I've been running HD 2.35 front and rear here in SoCal for a while, and I do love the traction they give. I have torn them up pretty well, though. Not sure how much riding, but probably ~6 rides of 20 miles or so. I bought some Nobby Nics to try out (also because the HDs rub my front fork), but I am a little worried about durability. Considering selling them new rather than shredding them and then having to drop another $160 on tires. Obviously, lots of rocks and hardpack here in SoCal.
    I find the Ardent 2.4 works really well in socal dirt. Fast roller too. Rolls faster than the HD, similar volume, a smidge smaller. I also like the way it corners a bit better than the HD, not that the HD is a slouch in that department. The Ardent just gets on its edges a bit faster, which I like.

  16. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    Noah, have you tried the Specialized Purgatory? You have me rethinking picking NNs for my build . . . . I do hear the Bronson is great though . . . any other good options that are little lighter and faster rolling than the Hans Dampf that would be a good match for the LT??
    I'm not Noah, but:
    I've spent time on the Purgatory 2.2. It is a solid, predictable tire, with easy manners. Rolls relatively fast, not as fast as the Ardent 2.4. The 2.2 has a pretty nice air volume to the casing, and is not too heavy 700gram range.. My only issue is Specialized control casing has not been the most durable for me. I've gotten sidewall cuts fairly frequently, and had the tire burp a couple of times on hard landings. Maxxis EXO casing is far more durable for me, though I am not light on tires.
    Also, Bontragers new 29-4 are pretty good all arounders. Great size, but roll faster than the HDs, the Expert casing has survived fairly well.

  17. #242
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JohnnyG 1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by reamer41 View Post
    Picked her up today!

    For those wondering about torks and shock: mine, a black LTc amXTR, came with a RP23 (3-012) shock and a FIT-RLC fork.

    As it's still 100+ degrees I'll have to wait for nightfall for a good ride.
    What size frame is yours ??? Thanks ...
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

  18. #243
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reamer41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG 1970 View Post
    What size frame is yours ??? Thanks ...
    Large.

    I took it for a shake down ride this morning. Great bike! I was surprised the fit felt OK with the short stem. The bike came with a 60 or 70mm, (not sure) and I'm more accustomed to 90 - 100mm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tallboy LT and LTc Owners Thread-img_244501.jpg  


  19. #244
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,644
    Quote Originally Posted by reamer41 View Post
    ... I was surprised the fit felt OK with the short stem. The bike came with a 60 or 70mm, (not sure) and I'm more accustomed to 90 - 100mm.
    I found the same thing, I'm used to a longer stem on my old Blur Classic, but I figured I'd give the short stem a try along with the new style geometry. It works.

  20. #245
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,644
    On the LTc main frame, anyone find the location of the serial number?

    LBS found the one on the swingarm but couldn't find the one on the main frame.

  21. #246
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    314
    Thanks Morandi. The 29-4 looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it would fit as a rear tire. I think it will be between the purgatorys or bronsons . . . not looking to mix and match. Been doing that for so long I want to try the same tire on the front and rear for a while . . . . of course by the time i get my xxl there might be another candidate

  22. #247
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    Thanks Morandi. The 29-4 looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it would fit as a rear tire. I think it will be between the purgatorys or bronsons . . . not looking to mix and match. Been doing that for so long I want to try the same tire on the front and rear for a while . . . . of course by the time i get my xxl there might be another candidate
    I ran Bronsons for a long time on my El Mariachi, and while they are good all around, I found the cornering a bit... weird. The tire profile is very flat, and the side nobs stick out a lot. This was helpful in some situations, but also oddly squirmy while leaned in others. Switching to Hans Dampfs was a major improvement everywhere except in rolling resistance, and it wasn't that bad. Only problem is that they rub on my 120mm Reba a bit, and they aren't super durable.

  23. #248
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    141
    Bottom of the seattube right above the link.

  24. #249
    BIGME
    Reputation: BIGME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    186
    I think I am already paying for my R AM choice. Pretty sure I have already destroyed the xt hub in the rear. Made a 50 mile round trip to not even get out of the parking lot, . Luckily I my buddy had already bought a set of flows with Kings so he loaned the rear wheel that came with his. I have less than 200 miles on it. The shop is about 45 min away, not overly excited about this.
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

  25. #250
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGME View Post
    I think I am already paying for my R AM choice. Pretty sure I have already destroyed the xt hub in the rear. Made a 50 mile round trip to not even get out of the parking lot, . Luckily I my buddy had already bought a set of flows with Kings so he loaned the rear wheel that came with his. I have less than 200 miles on it. The shop is about 45 min away, not overly excited about this.
    That sucks. I will say Shimano was great when I had my Felt. Called them up, told them the front bearing and race were trashed and it had low mileage. Sent the wheel, once they verified it, they sent me a new wheel back.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •