They turned me loose

Tall Bullit Riders

I'm 6'2 and have an opportunity to buy a 17" Medium Bullit from a friend. Just want to know how they fit overall, big or small.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude
    I'm 6'2 and have an opportunity to buy a 17" Medium Bullit from a friend. Just want to know how they fit overall, big or small.

Thanks
    I am 6'4" and ride an XL , wouldn't think of anything smaller. My buddy is 6' and rides a large.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Santa Cruz bikes fit smaller than most other brands. You would be more comfortable on the large, without question.

mtbr member
    Yah, you need a Large bro. I'm 6'1" and ride a large and had to get a setback post and 90mm stem to be comfy on long rides...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRfire
    Yah, you need a Large bro. I'm 6'1" and ride a large and had to get a setback post and 90mm stem to be comfy on long rides...
    I'm 6'1" and ride and XL. Thought it would be too big, but it now feels fine and i think a Large would be too small. So the answer the OP, I'd pass on the Medium.

Just another FOC'er
    I'm 5'11" and ride a large, a medium would be too small for me. I think the Bullits run small.

mtbr member
    I am 6' 2" 235 or so. I ride a large as well. But the best way to know if it will fit you is if you try it out. My thoughts on how a bike should feel could be different then yours. Good luck and of course post pics when you decide.

29 some of the time...
    6'3" on an XL. If you want to run a short stem and have an aggressive/freeride bike then get a bigger frame. It will fit better and result in more comfortable rides. The medium may be fun to mess around on but will be painfull for longer rides IME.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Going through the same thing

Going through the same thing.
    I'm trying to figure out what size Bullit to put a friend of mine on. He is 6 feet tall with a 32 inch inseam. I ride a Medium AS-X, which he and I agree fits us both great, but I'm hearing that Santa Cruz bikes run small, so I'm not sure if I should go with a Medium or Large. FYI, I used to ride a Large Heckler but it felt to long when I took to the air or for hitting drops. Any help would be great.

Josh

mtbr member
    I'm 5'11" and ride a medium. The only way this bike fits me well is with a setback post so that I can get enough leg extension. I wish I had gone for a large for another reason besides cockpit; the large is also a little longer in the wheelbase which I think would make it handle a little better. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    "Hold it wide and let it slide" - Sam Hill.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'2" and ride a large bullit. The shop owner said I would like the large even though I ride an XL heckler. I went on his advice and it did feel small at first but now I love it and I'm qustioning the XL heckler. My wife rides a small bullit at 5"5"....fits good.

medium for you is probably pushing it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    well im 5'11 and ride a medium and think its perfect! but one thing to know about me is i come from a bmx background, so im more at home on smaller bikes. but for anyone over 6' a large would be in order.

FishZapper
    Im 5'11 and ride a medium. I would say that its on the verge of almost being too small for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    6'3 on XL with 65mm stem. Was running 90mm stem first, but wanted faster response. It is awsome riding a long frame with short stem... very stable at high speeds, yet still easy to flick at slower speeds.

I went with this chart I found some time ago. I recommend you do the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images