mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Superlight rear shock question

Those of you with superlight how are your rear shocks?

My seem kinda slow and only work on bigger bumps.

compression is very slow so is rebound.. i adjusted rebound to fully open. the damper tune has the smallest bar highlighted for both compression and rebound.

does this mean its the slowest?

Try turning the rebound adjustment all the way in the other direction. With rebound all the way out, it should spring back almost instantly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Which shock is it, I've just bought a Float R and that seems very slow to me, sending it off to be Push'd

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i got the rp23

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Don't be afraid to play around with the shock. I have a heckler but the riding is eastern, primarily xc with some downhill. I noticed that I dropped alot of speed with my rebound on all the way. I don't know what you weigh but rustyiron I think has the right idea. I have an rp23 on mine and I pumped up my shock in order to compensate for rebound. I pumped the shock up to my weight at 185 on 1 and then dialed in rebound to allow for some drop and bump. It works well. I wouldn't keep it that way if I was riding mostly downhill freeride but with this set up the bike rolls very fast and still allows for some less technical downhill while still being quite fast xc. Rebound is on 5 clicks. If you ride with recommended sag and then dial in rebound all the way your going to expend alot of energy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ive got the rp23...i keep propedal in setting 2, right amount of air, and rebound right in the middle....i love how it rides and i ride NC xc, it sucks up all the little bumps and such with the propedal on, and downhill it sucks up everything i hit...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Have you tried the SC recommended set up on there web site, maybe a good place to start

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i tried recommended setup but its still pretty stiff. I lower the pressure within the recommended sag but still has stiff compression. I think i shuold send it into Push. I searched the shock forum and they said that compression can be only adjusted by fox or whoever works on shocks.

Setting the sag is just a starting point. Adjust the pressure if you want and don't become fixated on the "recommended" settings.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Yeah i've tried SC recommended feels too hard and slow rides ok just patters a bit, I've sent mine of this morning to be Push'd , I tried sag at 15 mm and 30 mm still seems slow compared to my DHX-5 coil which is super plush and can be set just the right speed of compression,
    I do like the light weight and how my bike climbs , definetly worth going further , Push is a worth while upgrade, just tell them how you ride, your weight, type of frame, what type of trails you ride etc and they magically produce a superb shock , this will be my third Push and so far I've been well impressed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I think i might want to send it in after a few more rides. I can say that it feels like propedal mode when its wide open