Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Superlight Love

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
    Wow. It has to be the totally different frame geometry for the 29 set up. Granted, the larger hoops make the frame look smaller, but all the tubes look shorter too. Maybe it's because the top tube has to angle down so much more due to the larger wheels to give the same standover height. I would have bet big money that it was a medium size frame. Glad you love it. I sure love mine. It fits me perfect.
    The oddest thing is that the 29er frame is lighter. Top tube is the same length stand over is not the same and is about 3/4 to 1in higher on the 29 and BB sits 8/10ths lower on the 26.
    Last edited by SCFast; 12-12-2012 at 04:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCFast View Post
    The oddest thing is that the 29er frame is lighter. Top tube is the same length stand over is not the same and is about 3/4 to 1in higher on the 29 and BB sits 8/10ths lower.
    something else

my wifes small juliana only weighs one pound less than my large 29er. Both are RXC kits
    SC:12' Butcher (sold)
    SC:12' Superlight 29er (sold)
    SC:12' Juliana (wife's)
    SC:12' TBLT

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Must be thinner wall tubing on the 29er's. It's only about 1/10lb lighter for a given size.

Ordered a thomson 70mm X4 stem today...Now to get bar's squared away.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've never looked real close at a 29 SL until now. I didn't realize there was that much difference in the frame. That's amazing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I bought my SCSL29 on March 2012; after a quick riding the rear shox began oil leaking. Today Im going to take it to my LBS to check it up. Maybe Im going to apply guarantee...

I have changed the Recon Silver TK for the Reba 29er 15mm thru axle.. the front stiffnes is great... also I have changed for a Race Face Deus CrankSet, pictures to come....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Superlight Love-03.jpg  

Last edited by Fparra; 12-07-2012 at 03:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz View Post
    Hmm, I may need an XL based on looks. I am a tic over 6' with a 35.5" cycling inseam. My current bike has a 24.7" ETT and I run a 100mm stem. Anyone else between L and XL with feedback?
    heads up

Santa Cruz SUPERLIGHT29 Complete Mountain Bike XL | eBay

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXZJ View Post
    Be careful about buying a stolen bike. Cheap price, no local pick up...all signs of stolen.

mtbr member
    Be careful about buying a stolen bike. Cheap price, no local pick up...all signs of stolen.
    not sure about stolen but whoever it is seems to have access to SC bikes at a good price. they have listed 20-30 bikes and a box of 15 or 20 fox shocks so if they were going out the back door of SC, somebody would have noticed by now. I hope

mtbr member
    My dad bought a frame from the Santa Cruz sale and we built it up with a few new parts and a some extra parts I had laying around.

New Parts:
    Cane Creek 40 Headset
    Shimano XT Cassette
    Shimano M590 Crankset
    Tack Jockey Wheels
    Ergon GP-1
    KMC X9.99 Chain

Re-Used Parts:
    Rockshox Recon Race SLite 100mm Fork
    Truvativ Bars & Stem
    Shimano XT M775 Brakes
    Shimano Deore Shifters [3X9] & Derailers
    Shimano XT Hubs laced to DT 420 Rims
    Specialized Saddle
    Specialized & Maxxis Tires I had laying around

He has since replaced the specialized seatpost with a Raceface Turbine and the pedals with Wellgo MG-1s

He loves the bike and it rides great, especially considering he spent less than $1,000 on the whole thing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    That's an amazing bike for less than $1000. Nice that you had lots of the expensive parts laying around that you could re-use. Looks like a great set up.

It looks very nice next to that cherry wood finish on the piano as well. I'm sure mom loves seeing the bike in the fancy front room on her pretty carpet. My wife gives me crap everytime my bike comes in the house. By the way, hydraulic fluid really messes up carpet...I found out the hard way.

mtbr member
    That's an amazing bike for less than $1000. Nice that you had lots of the expensive parts laying around that you could re-use. Looks like a great set up.

It looks very nice next to that cherry wood finish on the piano as well. I'm sure mom loves seeing the bike in the fancy front room on her pretty carpet. My wife gives me crap everytime my bike comes in the house. By the way, hydraulic fluid really messes up carpet...I found out the hard way.
    After working on ATV parts in the house a few years ago when it was too cold outside, she doesn't mind bikes inside anymore.

mtbr member
    Lol. Replied to a very old post.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It's alive. ALIVE!

NedwannaB
    650b?........
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    [QUOTE=stencil;9973691]It's alive. ALIVE!

tell us about your rides.... in the uphills a 29er is a very hard hammer to start the ride.... it is hard...hard....to get it start...... once it is on the way... i just let it go...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    [QUOTE=Fparra;9978028]
    Quote Originally Posted by stencil View Post
    It's alive. ALIVE!

tell us about your rides.... in the uphills a 29er is a very hard hammer to start the ride.... it is hard...hard....to get it start...... once it is on the way... i just let it go...
    Will do! Have only ridden around the hood so far. I have a fitting tomorrow at the LBS when I'll be choosing new shoes to go with the new ride. Hope to hit the trails this weekend. Will keep it to fire road and basic single track as I get used to it, but there's a good mile of climbing at the beginning of the loop so we'll see how she climbs. I'm coming from a light hard tail 26er so I'm sure I'll be feeling it.

I also realized that picture sucks.

For those interested, it's a '13 Superlight RXC. All stock except I upgraded the Avid 5's to Shimano XT brakes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    [QUOTE=stencil;9979747]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fparra View Post

Will do! Have only ridden around the hood so far. I have a fitting tomorrow at the LBS when I'll be choosing new shoes to go with the new ride. Hope to hit the trails this weekend. Will keep it to fire road and basic single track as I get used to it, but there's a good mile of climbing at the beginning of the loop so we'll see how she climbs. I'm coming from a light hard tail 26er so I'm sure I'll be feeling it.

I also realized that picture sucks.

For those interested, it's a '13 Superlight RXC. All stock except I upgraded the Avid 5's to Shimano XT brakes.
    The bike climbs great...Especially for a signal pivot

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just snagged SL 29 2013! This bike was a great choice for me. This is my first fs mtb. Had a trek marlin 29er ht (great bike) but was feeling pretty beat up after long rides (I'm 39) . My riding buddy suggested a fs bike and after some careful consideration I went and test rode both the tallboy and SL 29. Both bikes felt great and sorta similar,but my budget was 2000$ so I went with the SL. Wow! what a difference! Great climber I have more confidence tackling the more technical stuff and I don't feel so torn up after longer tougher rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Will post pics soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

mtbr member

My superlight and Iron Horse MK III Expert.

mtbr member

Gleaming after being cleaned.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson73 View Post
    Just snagged SL 29 2013! This bike was a great choice for me. This is my first fs mtb. Had a trek marlin 29er ht (great bike) but was feeling pretty beat up after long rides (I'm 39) . My riding buddy suggested a fs bike and after some careful consideration I went and test rode both the tallboy and SL 29. Both bikes felt great and sorta similar,but my budget was 2000$ so I went with the SL. Wow! what a difference! Great climber I have more confidence tackling the more technical stuff and I don't feel so torn up after longer tougher rides.
    Congrats! I test rode both as well and went with the SL and I could have afforded the Tallboy. I just love the simplicity and geometry of the frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Nice rides indeed. Very clean!

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast