What are they asking for it?

Hi There!
    That's the RxC model if that helps.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    1550 obo

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Magically Delicious
    I can't really see what your components are. Shimano cup and cone hubs, Avid Elixer 5's, Fox Evolution 32 fork?

While it looks to be in great shape, I think it might be priced a little high.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

mtbr member
    I haven't seen it yet I just wanted to get a ballpark price before I do go...
    Today I did go see and ride a Highball...
    I may just stick to a HT...

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    I can't really see what your components are. Shimano cup and cone hubs, Avid Elixer 5's, Fox Evolution 32 fork?

While it looks to be in great shape, I think it might be priced a little high.
    It looks to be completely stock except for the front tire, I believe msrp was 2400.

Santa Cruz Superlight 29 R XC Full Suspension Bikes 2013 (100097031)
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Took my 2002 SL for a 30k loop tonight. It rides well, using a single FR(32), 11-40 cassette. Climbed several hundred meters. Used all the gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magically Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    It looks to be completely stock except for the front tire, I believe msrp was 2400.

Santa Cruz Superlight 29 R XC Full Suspension Bikes 2013 (100097031)
    The Cambria bike has the original Reba dual air fork and different Shimano cranks.

mtbr member
    Anyone know the stem length on Large 2015 SL? I want to shorten up, but want to know what I've got first. I can't find the inf ANYWHERE. (It's raceface if that helps)

.Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 742
Size:  54.7 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Superlight Love-image.jpg  

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill_Switch View Post
    Anyone know the stem length on Large 2015 SL? I want to shorten up, but want to know what I've got first. I can't find the inf ANYWHERE. (It's raceface if that helps)
    You have the info in front of you. Measure the fricking thing! Gees...

Centre of top cap, to centre of the bars. In millimetres, because stems are measured in advanced metric units.

1 1/8" steerer, because steerers are measured in antiquated imperial units.

Grumps

mtbr member
    lol

Magically Delicious

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grumpy View Post
    You have the info in front of you. Measure the fricking thing! Gees...

Centre of top cap, to centre of the bars.
    That IS funny.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

what bearing kit to order?

Got this second hand, the last of the 26 er SL i assume, it has the collet locking bolt and tapered head tube...

Superlight Love-dsc_0763.jpg

Superlight Love-dsc_0764.jpg

Which of the 2 to get?

https://shop.santacruzbicycles.com/p...liana-3-0.html

or

https://shop.santacruzbicycles.com/p...liana-3-1.html

I'm leaning towards the 3.1, just want to make sure...

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'm pretty sure the tapered head tube is the 3.3.
    Sounds like you need the 3.1 and up kit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by goog64 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the tapered head tube is the 3.3.
    Sounds like you need the 3.1 and up kit.
    gee thanks...

Converted it to a 27.5... I 'feel' I can ride it faster than my TB2 which is built on the heavy side...

mtbr member

.Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 742
Size:  54.7 KB
    If its the original im pretty sure its a 70mm.
    -2016 Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    -2015 Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 CC
    -2016 Transition Smuggler
    -2015 Orbea Avant M20d

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Here's my L-frame'd SL 2013 - original/out of the shop (yeah it has had a few mods by the shop, its the backcountry offer from a few years back)

Superlight Love-dsc_0019.jpg

And how it looks currently...

Superlight Love-sl.jpg

changes were:
    - shorter stem
    - shorter bars ;-)
    - fox rear shock (this made the bike 2x better)
    - CTD switch on the handle bar (so awesome ;P)
    - wide hookless rims/wheels (light bicycle)
    - dropper post ! D:

this bike is pretty great value. with this setup is pretty much a light-trail setup and its much lighter than most bikes (its a little under 12kg)
    That said I I'm selling it back in France to get a more enduro setup.. breaks my heart a little inside ;-)

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by metalicshiek View Post
    Hello everyone im new to the whole mtb scene. I bought a santa cruz frame i really dont know if i ended up overpaying but most likely i did haha. Well frame cost me 280dls i dont know what year it is so please help me with that. Rest of the bike already had the parts and took them off another basic bike i had.
    I'm thinking about painting it from scratch so ill have to take all parts off. But before i do please help me know what year it is, and well what are the original parts for the year my bike is. I'm going to need to change the crankset and such parts around that area. Then again im new so please help me out hehe thanks!Attachment 1044052
    Hi guys im back and here is the color of the bike i changed all the parts except the brakes, tires, and crank. What you guys think? Color is apple candy red.
    Superlight Love-20160214_181008.jpg
    Last edited by metalicshiek; 02-14-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Magically Delicious
    Congratulations!

I can't tell if the brakes are mechanical or hydraulics, but your front brake cable/brake line looks way too short.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Superlight 27.5 build question: 1x or 2x?

Anyone using a 28t up front in a 1x setup? How's the pedal feedback on this bike if so? Any concerns when pedaling along the flats that the ride feels more rough with a 1x setup than a 2x setup?
    (if you're not following me, read this discussion on anti squat / pedal feedback and this set of data on the Superlight frame)

I might be building up a new 27.5 Superlight ... which would then become my girlfriend's primary ride. My goal is to build her something that is not any heavier than the cheap 26" hardtail she has now, but a more fun and comfortable climbing and descending ride overall (and with components of a quality I won't moan and ***** about every time I work on them). My main issue is that she definitely uses her 22t/32t combo currently ... I think a 28t oval ring with 11-42 cassette will be close enough in low gear to that. I could go with an XTR 2x up front (I have one sitting on my bench) and negate all questions about gearing range and suspension optimization, but I'm really eager to put together a simple and light weight build.

I'm thinking of building this:
    * Superlight Medium 27.5 ($900 frame on sale)
    * 120 mm Reba or Fox 32, whatever I can find for less $$ (~$300)
    * 1x11 with XT M8000 shifter and RD, SLX double cranks converted to 1x with an oval 64 BCD ring (I think this is around $350 with chain and bottom bracket)
    * SLX brakeset
    * 720 mm carbon bars, will play around with stem length to see how she feels but probably gonna start with 60mm
    * Reverb dropper
    * Whatever takeoff 27.5 tubeless wheelset I can find for cheap, probably 21-23 mm internal rim width

Depending on wheels, it seems like I should be able to get this build close to 27 lbs?

I also would like to use this bike, every so often, as a contrast to my 150/160mm travel bike, for more XC oriented rides or really long days putting down lots of miles, which is also why I'm wondering about pedal feedback and hitting bumps when pedaling. I just have no idea how it might feel as I have no way to test without just building the dang thing. My girlfriend and I have very similar height and reach, including crank length, so I'm hoping really it's just a matter of changing the shork & fork pressure to suit our needs.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=saddle pimp;12461225]

Converted it to a 27.5...

Sorry, I'm late in the game on this...you converted a 26 superlight to a 27.5 is what I'm seeing. Did you just need a new fork? Obviously wheels too...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

2007 Superlight Converted to 27.5

Superlight Love-img_0632.jpgSuperlight Love-img_0633.jpg

Just finished the conversion of my 2007 to 27.5. I modified a Fox CTD shock that came off a Heckler to 8.25"x2.25". The bike now has 115mm of travel I had to clearance the rear swingarm arch behind the shock to get the shock to fit without the swingarm contacting the seat tube. I also cut off the front derailleur cable mount on the back of the seat tube. This was done because the rear tire would hit it at full compression. I am running a 1x10 setup, so I don't need a front derailleur.

For the front a am running a 2016 Fox 32 150mm 26" fork. I modified the fork by adding 5mm thick rubber grommets under the factory bump stops to prevent the front tire from contacting the fork crown. The fork has 145mm of travel now. I am also running a Works Components -1 deg headset.

It rides like a whole new bike (it kinda is). A lot plusher and more controlled over rocky trails. The slacker HA made the bike more stable at high speed and a lot better at steep descends. The 27.5 wheels roll over stuff easier than 26. Climbing is so much nicer. I did not like the low BB height of the bike when it was stock, way to many pedal strikes. The BB is now at 13.8" and the handling in turns is still very good. Overall I am very happy with the mods, transformed a XC bike into a very capable trail bike.
    2016 Santa Cruz Nomad
    2007 Santa Cruz Superlight

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Nice SuperBantHeckler build! Looks awesome!

Broken Hipster
    Nice job danny.mendes!
    Now I want to do some work on my 2013 Superlight 29...
    I've got a line on a fork and want to install a Cane Creek angleset.
    Can someone throw me the part number for their 1.0 degree angleset? For some reason their headset finder doesn't want to perform on my cheap smartphone...
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Nice SuperBantHeckler build! Looks awesome!
    Thanks, that's a cool name you came up with, I might use it.
    2016 Santa Cruz Nomad

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman1 View Post
    Nice job danny.mendes!
    Now I want to do some work on my 2013 Superlight 29...
    I've got a line on a fork and want to install a Cane Creek angleset.
    Can someone throw me the part number for their 1.0 degree angleset? For some reason their headset finder doesn't want to perform on my cheap smartphone...
    Thanks!
    If your head tube is 1 1/8" straight, CC will not have an Angleset for it. Works Components makes a 1 deg that will fit.
    2016 Santa Cruz Nomad

Broken Hipster
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.mendes View Post
    If your head tube is 1 1/8" straight, CC will not have an Angleset for it. Works Components makes a 1 deg that will fit.
    The 2013 SL has a tapered headset.
    I could go with a tapered Works set as well. I just need to get that "over the bars" dynamic alleviated after being on a Stache 9 for a season. The SL is pretty twitchy in comparison.

Broken Hipster
    Got my "all mountain" Superlight 29 put together today.
    Installed a Cane Creek 1.5 degree offset headset and Marzocchi 44 Microswitch 140/110 fork.
    Measured the head angle and it's at 67.6 degrees.
    I took it for a shakedown ride and found the 90mm stem too long so installed a 60mm Renthal when I got home. Feels much better.
    BB height is now 13.5" and will be a bit more when I get the offset shock hardware. In the photo it's apparent that I can squeeze a little more between the seat tube and the swingarm, that'll give me more height whether I need it or not but I'll determine that when I install the hardware.
    As it sits it weighs 26.8 lbs. Not too shabby.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nice job. I would love to ride my orange SL 29er immediately after yours to feel the difference between the two set ups (but I'm in Australia).

Broken Hipster
    Quote Originally Posted by goog64 View Post
    Nice job. I would love to ride my orange SL 29er immediately after yours to feel the difference between the two set ups (but I'm in Australia).
    Thanks.
    I did some swapping of rings today and it looks like I need a couple links.
    Tomorrow.
    Also dug out a spare Nobby Nic for some tire swapping.
    Can't think of anything else?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Latest BC incarnation: added a Giant Switch SL dropper post (really liked this on the first ride...)

Still having loads of fun on this bike.

Superlight Love-sl-2016.jpg
    The Quebeco-Flandrien in B.C....

SC SuperLight

Broken Hipster
    Nice pirati!
    And the Superlight is a fun bike still.
    With the mods I installed it's more trail oriented and I thought I'd never chose the SL over my Stache 9 but I think it's edging the Stache out.
    Lighter, faster and every bit as capable as the Stache.
    Only thing is the flex. Feels a little shakey after the 50mm hoops on the Stache but I found my rear Stans Arch with 3.30 hub is the culprit and ordered a Stan's Flow with a Chris King ISO hub today to replace.
    And that's it! No more funds going into this one for a while.

mtbr member
    Enjoy your Superlights, Santa Cruz is phasing them out. I went to the local dealer to pickup one for my wife, the salesman couldn't find it on santa cruz's online inventory and after a call, they confirmed it. It's being replaced by some thing else.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman1 View Post
    Nice pirati!
    And the Superlight is a fun bike still.
    With the mods I installed it's more trail oriented and I thought I'd never chose the SL over my Stache 9 but I think it's edging the Stache out.
    Lighter, faster and every bit as capable as the Stache.
    Only thing is the flex. Feels a little shakey after the 50mm hoops on the Stache but I found my rear Stans Arch with 3.30 hub is the culprit and ordered a Stan's Flow with a Chris King ISO hub today to replace.
    And that's it! No more funds going into this one for a while.
    Barman1, I run a DT Swiss thru bolt rear axle on my DT 350 hubs. The thru bolt made a difference in reducing the flex from the rear swingarm. If the King ISO hubs have that option, that would be the way to go.
    2016 Santa Cruz Nomad

Broken Hipster
    Barman1, I run a DT Swiss thru bolt rear axle on my DT 350 hubs. The thru bolt made a difference in reducing the flex from the rear swingarm. If the King ISO hubs have that option, that would be the way to go.
    King has Fun Bolts that would work but I'm a bit skeptical about a bolt in each end of the axle. When threads get sticky what's to keep the axle from spinning while trying to get the bolts out of the ends? One comes out and the other just spins or something...
    I'm sure there's some way but I ordered a high zoot Hope skewer to get me started.

Dave's not here.
    If anyone is looking to sell a large SL 3.3 26er frame in the near future, I may be interested in it.

mtbr member
    Superlight Love-27134840103_c30c1f4df6_h.jpg

Changed the fork travel to 120 from 110 and installed a Works Components -1° headset. Feels like a new bike now... more stable but still manouveralbe.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    2013 Superlight 29er, Medium
    Float CTD
    6.5in eye-to-eye
    ~1.5in shock travel.

Anyone have the data on which Fox bushing AND bushing reducer kit to purchase?
    It's the 5-piece Flanged Bushing assembly.

Really, I'm just being lazy and trying to order quickly online.

Thanks and much appreciated
    Brent

Magically Delicious
    Pop yours out and measure it. It might take five minutes.

Broken Hipster
    Finally got my new parts in!
    Completly destroyed mt Stans Arch EX 3.30 and was seriously limping on the stock wheel I got on the bike when I got it new in late 2014 as a leftover.
    Installed the Stans Flow with Chris King ISO, Nobby Nic 2.35 rubber.
    Also installed 2 offset shock bushings to get the most height to account for the 140mm travel fork.
    It may have decreased the steering angle a tenth or so. I can't notice it. Still somewhere in the 67 degree range.
    Measured the BB height and it's now 13.75 inches.
    I'll take it out later for a ride and see how it compares to this morning.

Clearance between the seat tube and swingarm after offset hardware install.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Looks good. 13.75 is a good BB height for trail riding if you want to do some technical climbing.
    2016 Santa Cruz Nomad

Magically Delicious
    Yep, looks good!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by riiz View Post
    Enjoy your Superlights, Santa Cruz is phasing them out. I went to the local dealer to pickup one for my wife, the salesman couldn't find it on santa cruz's online inventory and after a call, they confirmed it. It's being replaced by some thing else.
    The superlight and heckler are still on the website if you click the box top right of their page
    “An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

Magically Delicious

mtbr member
    When he posted about the Superlight going away, I assumed that it was getting a geometry refresh like the new Tallboy. The last few iterations of the single pivots have mirrored the geo of their VPP cousins. I'm waiting for a new SL that is lower, slacker, and shorter in the rear like the new Tallboy.

Until then, my favorite bike is still my 27.5 V3.3 SL.

Broken Hipster
    Looks good. 13.75 is a good BB height for trail riding if you want to do some technical climbing.
    It climbs well and the Marzocchi Microswitch fork I installed adjusts from 140mm to 110mm on the fly and locks out for even better climbing.
    I appreciated the extra height on my ride this morning. Clears more and has a more balanced feel. Front wheel feels more planted.
    I've found a renewed appreciation for this SL and it will remain my #1 ride in the stable. In fact I'm going to grab the 1x11 bits off of my Stache 9 and fit them on the SL. Obviously I'll need to pick up a new cassette though.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25