mtbr member

Superlight fork question

I have an '04 Superlight with a 100m Marz 33 on it that is toast. I want to run a 120mm fork on it, what do you guys run on your Superlights that you could suggest? I'm looking for something $400 or less, its a little too old and beat up to drop a high end fork on it. I'm just looking for something dependable.

mtbr member
    id guess you could find an older Fox F120 for around $400 or so. SC would probably tell you that putting a 120 fork on an older Superlight could possibly snap the headtube but Im pretty sure people on here have done it without any problems.

boxcar
    Quote Originally Posted by mudforlunch View Post
    I have an '04 Superlight with a 100m Marz 33 on it that is toast. I want to run a 120mm fork on it, what do you guys run on your Superlights that you could suggest? I'm looking for something $400 or less, its a little too old and beat up to drop a high end fork on it. I'm just looking for something dependable.
    You set on the 120mm fork? I mean if you are looking for a difference in ride height, maybe the 6-7 year old fork is just clapped and not providing the performance you need(especially if there has been little or no service done to the fork throughout it's life.) Suspension has changed over the years to accommodate different frame designs and a newer 100mm travel fork may allow you to sit higher in the travel as the ATC may be longer. Just food for thought.

Also, I thought I remembered the 33's coming in 120mm option as well. Maybe you could have yours rebuilt and the travel lengthened.

At any rate, there are a lot of newer good used forks out there in the $400 price range.

Hope you get it sorted!