mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Superlight 29 Main Pivot Maintenance?

website says "check back soon" for maintenance instructions. I think it has said this for a while.

after nearly a year of riding my main pivot is very loose, just noticed. I am pretty much a rookie at this but figure it can't be that hard, IF I have some direction. Anyone??

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    its easy. use a 5mm hex wrench, and take out the bolt. use the wrench to take out the brown washer under it. use an 8mm hex wrench to tighten up the axle. just make it barely snug so you don't crush the bearings, just enough to take out the play and not any more.

grease the taper on the washer, and loctite the threads on the bolt, and crank that bolt down to lock the **** in place. about how tight you'd want a stem bolt.
    here we go again

rdb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wgerow View Post
    website says "check back soon" for maintenance instructions. I think it has said this for a while.

after nearly a year of riding my main pivot is very loose, just noticed. I am pretty much a rookie at this but figure it can't be that hard, IF I have some direction. Anyone??

Bearing Overhaul Instructions The instructions are for the 2006 Superlight 26er, but I don't think the pivot changed for the 29er. These instructions are for a major overhaul, follow eleven-yo's instructions for basic maintenance. The link has pictures and step by step instructions.